Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
Originally Posted by N751PR
Never received the cheese plate there before. The cookies are good though.

Are they ever going to make those elevators go faster? Thats why I usually try to get a room on the back side of the hotel (plus its easier to get to my self-parked car)

Decent hotel, but they do NOT know how to post a BRG stay.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:12 am

I always get cookies and grapes, and also always need to ask SPG to post Platinum Amenity Points after the stay, always.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by Hiro32
I always get cookies and grapes, and also always need to ask SPG to post Platinum Amenity Points after the stay, always.
I am 8 for 10 stays that I had to request the PL.points.

Good cookies though.

Casey.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Good cookies and cheese plate, too. A nice touch for a .... well .... otherwise plain and simple hotel.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:33 pm

Programs: Delta PE, SPG PE
I was just going over my credit card statement and found the nice folks at this same property not only changed me 3000 SPG points for my stay, they also decided to charge my credit card $30.00 . I would have much preferred the warm cookies. I'll never understand how this crap happens. At least 5 times each year I end up with bogus hotel charges on my credit cards.
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:45 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
They gotta give you something to take your mind off the fact that you're actually staying at that property.

Now the Culver City location should give a taxi ride to another hotel
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:45 pm

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
Originally Posted by trader61
I was just going over my credit card statement and found the nice folks at this same property not only changed me 3000 SPG points for my stay, they also decided to charge my credit card $30.00 . I would have much preferred the warm cookies. I'll never understand how this crap happens. At least 5 times each year I end up with bogus hotel charges on my credit cards.
Did you park your car there?
Old Dec 16, 2006, 12:41 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
You can have the desk put a note into your stay record that you perfer the cookies over the cheese/fruit plate. Parking is $12 per day as a guest and you can have it included on your bill. They used to have a stay, park, & fly promotion but you need to call them first to see if it is available. Stop into TH Brewsters and see Nemo and have some great beers from around the world.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Forget cookies and cheese .... I like the free booze chits I usually schmooze. The Belgium Beer Bar there is awesome.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Four Points LAX Change of Ownership?

Perhaps our resident lurker can comment on this.... On checking out of Four Points Los Angeles Airport on Sunday, I noticed a big sign on the front door of the hotel regarding a change of ownership. Is this hotel leaving the Starwood group/loyalty programme? Does this mean an end to the excellent beer (really, the place is currently Belgian beer heaven)?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 2:02 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Internaut
Perhaps our resident lurker can comment on this.... On checking out of Four Points Los Angeles Airport on Sunday, I noticed a big sign on the front door of the hotel regarding a change of ownership. Is this hotel leaving the Starwood group/loyalty programme? Does this mean an end to the excellent beer (really, the place is currently Belgian beer heaven)?
The resident lurker knows nothing about this...however, you should know that I am always the last one to know anything, even though I do handle the communication of deactivations to members. What did the hotel say when you asked them what it meant?

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Dec 20, 2006, 2:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
The resident lurker knows nothing about this...however, you should know that I am always the last one to know anything, even though I do handle the communication of deactivations to members. What did the hotel say when you asked them what it meant?
Didn't have time to ask - I'd just boarded the shuttle bus to the airport when I noticed. Something about a change of ownership to a company called (I think) Hotel Concessions California.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Internaut
Didn't have time to ask - I'd just boarded the shuttle bus to the airport when I noticed. Something about a change of ownership to a company called (I think) Hotel Concessions California.
Well, hopefully, they let someone in franchise know if they are leaving or not. Then maybe I will know about it on the day they leave. That's about how it usually goes on these types of things.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Dec 20, 2006, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Without asking for confirmation or denial, I think William is being vague here deliberately.

The license or franchise agreement by which a hotel owner uses the brand (or, "flies the flag") has more requirements than you would believe. But nearly top of the list is that you can't sell the hotel to a new owner without permission - and if you do, then (in this case) Sheraton can require that you take down the flag (i.e., stop using the "Four Points" name and remove everything - down to the matchbooks and postcards - with "Four Points" "Sheraton" "Starwood" or any of their logos and trademarks on them.

If an owner were to sell the hotel without prior approval, the buyer must be either (a) so tight w/Starwood corporate that they know the approval will be given, or (b) so stupid that they won't get approved, or (c) so desparate to meet a particular deadline that they'll run the risk of pissing off someone in corporate legal, or (d) ready to bolt to another franchise.

On the other hand, if (for example) the buyer was tight w/Starwood, and knew the approval was pending, they would close the purchase and let the paperwork catch up. That would piss off the legal folks, though, who might insist that Corporate Communications not do anything that was viewed as tolerating the situation, so that legal could bust the chops of the next guy to try this...

But I'm just guessing.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by CO FF
Without asking for confirmation or denial, I think William is being vague here deliberately....But I'm just guessing.
Loved your analysis. It is probably the closest thing to reality as there is, but I'm really not being vague deliberately. I honestly don't know, and probably won't until the day they leave...if, in fact, that is what happens.

These things are like state secrets...probably for the very reasons you've cited...but you'd think the person responsible for telling the world once it happens would hear about it at least a couple of days in advance to prepare for it.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.