Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
It does run on ime in the early AM but it is a shared shuttle so allow some extra time for that. Also the early morning shuttles tend to be very full so get in que early
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by craz
Wow someone actually pays to park here. I simply pull up unload my bags (if only my rollerboard, then I dont even pull up). I simply pass by the 4P and The Ren and then bingo its free street parking , just check the signs since 1 time a week theres No parking for a couple of hours so they can clean the street. Thats if I dont score a spot on the street between Budget and BK or when making a Right after The Ren. So after spending a few dz nights in the area over the yrs I can say I havent once had to pay to park at a hotel or any lot
As I am sure your traveling on a businesses expense account, it is not fair to the many low paid airport employees and people that live in the remaining apartments to broadcast this in a public forum. The area by the 4 points and Renaissance Hotel, is not safe area. It is dark at night with very few street lights and mostly empty lots. A person could be attacked or worse and no one would hear screems for help. Park at your own risk, and leave nothing in view. Maybe it is time for a call to the city for metered parking as this is getting out of hand. Now, if you are tight on time, hopping on the Buget Rent-A-Car shuttle or vice-versa is a trick that I will share.

Last edited by SEA777GUY; Oct 13, 2014 at 7:49 pm Reason: Change
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
As I am sure your traveling on a businesses expense account, it is not fair to the many low paid airport employees and people that live in the remaining apartments to broadcast this in a public forum. The area by the 4 points and Renaissance Hotel, is not safe area. It is dark at night with very few street lights and mostly empty lots. A person could be attacked or worse and no one would hear screems for help. Park at your own risk, and leave nothing in view. Maybe it is time for a call to the city for metered parking as this is getting out of hand. Now, if you are tight on time, hopping on the Buget Rent-A-Car shuttle or vice-versa is a trick that I will share.
It sounds like he's NOT on an expense account, since if he were he'd be more likely to park on someone else's dime.

I've parked there many a time in the area described and never had any problem at all; it's a main thoroughfare with plenty of traffic. I agree with not leaving belongings in sight, but that applies no matter where you park -- even valet parking. In fact, the only place I've personally had a break-in was self-parking in a hotel parking lot (not the property in question).

Third, a traveler has as much right to park on a city street as anyone.

And finally, your looking after the hotel workers and residents makes no sense at all for a number of reasons: First, you're encouraging hotel guests to leave space open in an area you've already claimed is unsafe! Second, you want the city to put in parking meters that will tax the residents. Third, there isn't any residential housing nearby. And fourth, I'm guessing the hotel workers can park on the property.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Am here now on an airport parking rate. Some notes.

Soundproofing does not exist here. Am on floor six, west tower and it sounds like i am under a heavy flight path. And it's 0140 now.

Room is clean, TV is all HD channels, bed is springy but with heavy covers (nice!).

Internet is slow. Argh. But it's free for everyone.

Got a space near the hotel entrance. yay!
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Four points LAX 24hr checkin no extra charge

Doesn't no extra charge mean no extra charge???

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...caleCode=en_US

24-Hour Check-in/Checkout

Check in any time of the day or night and stay for 24 hours at no extra charge. We make traveling through one of the world’s busiest international airports a little less complicated. More >

Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
24-Hour Check-in/Checkout

Our 24-Hour Check-in/Checkout Program makes it easier to travel through Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). You can check in any time of day and stay for 24 hours at no extra charge. Just book a qualifying reservation at a nightly rate of at least $149 (excluding tax) and fill out the form online. Reservations must be booked through a Starwood brand channel at least 48 hours prior to arrival. This program is not valid for reservations made through third-party companies.

Fees: The booked nightly rate must be at least $149, excluding tax.
Hours: 24 Hours/day 7 days/week
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I don't see what's wrong here.

To qualify for this you should have a reservation at $149.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Agreed. There is a qualifying rate requirement, but I am seeing no extra charge beyond that.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You also need to book 48 hours in advance, which excludes people stranded due to IROPs.

One could argue that the qualifying rate requirement is equivalent to an extra charge if the guest is otherwise eligible for a lower rate.

I would be impressed if this applied to any rate or any published rate on SPG.com.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You also need to book 48 hours in advance, which excludes people stranded due to IROPs.

One could argue that the qualifying rate requirement is equivalent to an extra charge if the guest is otherwise eligible for a lower rate.

I would be impressed if this applied to any rate or any published rate on SPG.com.
That is my point exactly! there is an $80 rate on the days I checked and if no extra charge I would think( and only my opinion)that there should be no extra charge or minimum charge
I think they should take away the words no extra charge if there is a minimum price. may was well book 2 day hotel and get 2 nights stay for the extra $11.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by aussielori
That is my point exactly! there is an $80 rate on the days I checked and if no extra charge I would think( and only my opinion)that there should be no extra charge or minimum charge
I think they should take away the words no extra charge if there is a minimum price. may was well book 2 day hotel and get 2 nights stay for the extra $11.
It's like free nights at a resort. They charge you resort fees on free nights.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Anyone know if this hotel sells gift cards? I'm looking to take advantage of the $50 DiscoverLA/Amex promo but won't be spending $250 on just one night...
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:14 pm

There is a time for everything in life, and for me this means contemplating my first-ever stay at a Four Points. I'll be traveling with my wife and two kids, and we need to spend one night in the vicinity of LAX. The Four Points happens to be the cheapest for my dates.

The major consideration, other than price, is the breakfast the following morning. It doesn't look like the Four Points brand has a lounge. As a Plat, I guess I can get two buffet breakfasts comped in the hotel restaurant. Does anybody know if the buffet is normally extended to children, or would I have to pay for that separately?

The Westin LAX would cost an additional $80 for my needs, but it does have a lounge, and I usually can bring the four of us at hotels that have club rooms.

Additionally, I realize that these are airport properties, but is the Four Points a clean property, or is there a degree of "icky-ness" to it? Does the Westin feel cleaner? I'd probably be ok with either one, but the females in my family are getting slightly spoiled by the Cat5-Cat7 hotels we usually go to.

Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Okto
There is a time for everything in life, and for me this means contemplating my first-ever stay at a Four Points. I'll be traveling with my wife and two kids, and we need to spend one night in the vicinity of LAX. The Four Points happens to be the cheapest for my dates.

The major consideration, other than price, is the breakfast the following morning. It doesn't look like the Four Points brand has a lounge. As a Plat, I guess I can get two buffet breakfasts comped in the hotel restaurant. Does anybody know if the buffet is normally extended to children, or would I have to pay for that separately?

The Westin LAX would cost an additional $80 for my needs, but it does have a lounge, and I usually can bring the four of us at hotels that have club rooms.

Additionally, I realize that these are airport properties, but is the Four Points a clean property, or is there a degree of "icky-ness" to it? Does the Westin feel cleaner? I'd probably be ok with either one, but the females in my family are getting slightly spoiled by the Cat5-Cat7 hotels we usually go to.

Thanks.
You should expect to pay for the additional breakfasts.

None of the Starwood LA hotels are "luxurious" I would suggest you set expectations in your party.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
As a Plat, I guess I can get two buffet breakfasts comped in the hotel restaurant.
The Platinum benefit is continental breakfast, not breakfast buffet. Some hotels go above and beyond, but you probably shouldn't base your decision on wishful thinking.

I usually can bring the four of us at hotels that have club rooms.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. If you are doing this, you are violating the rules at most if not all properties (unless you are actually on a club level).

The Westin LAX would cost an additional $80 for my needs
Do you expect to spend $40 per breakfast for the kids? (Assuming you get on a club floor and can legitimately bring the kids into the lounge.)
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium

Thanks.
I have stayed at both properties on numerous occasions, and plan on repeating at both.

That said, the one I would clearly prefer to bring my wife to is the Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.