Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Old Jan 4, 13, 8:12 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AA, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by schley View Post
I'm guessing his business stays have to go to other chains by contract or travel policy.
I was imagining some juicy misdeed of his -- but, OP, will you reveal?
Old Jan 4, 13, 10:02 am
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX

Originally Posted by deadinabsentia View Post
No problem checking in under the discount rate. Everything was very professionally handled. Well done Phil and staff!
We really appreciate your business! Have a great 2013!
Old Jan 4, 13, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman View Post
I'll admit I was wondering too...

And, so I'm not entirely off-topic, thanks to Phil your participation in this thread. You've done some pretty cool things with what probably should be a crummy hotel (but isn't). That was supposed to be a compliment...
I had to laugh! Taken as a compliment. Thanks!!! At the end of the day hotels are just brick and mortar. It's the people that make the difference.
Old Jan 16, 13, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a stay over the weekend, no UP most likley due to wanting 2 beds, (wanted to spread my stuff on the 2nd 1 instead of the floor). Got the 6th floor

Phil will the Hotel be keeping the Nourish bath products? they are 1000x better then the reg 4P garbage, and arent impossible to completely wash off as the reg 4P junk. And that sq of a bar of soap is great
Old Jan 16, 13, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro 1.4M, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I work in the area and usually stay here a couple of times a month. Every one at the front desk seems to take customer service seriously - this is surely a reflection of their management and their pride in their job. (missed that $10 rate back on Oct. tho')
Old Jan 16, 13, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by alfagirl View Post
I work in the area and usually stay here a couple of times a month. Every one at the front desk seems to take customer service seriously - this is surely a reflection of their management and their pride in their job. (missed that $10 rate back on Oct. tho')
Sorry you missed our "special"! Thanks though for the kudos to the Front Desk! They need the positive reinforcement every once in a while! Best! Phil
Old Jan 16, 13, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by craz View Post
Had a stay over the weekend, no UP most likley due to wanting 2 beds, (wanted to spread my stuff on the 2nd 1 instead of the floor). Got the 6th floor

Phil will the Hotel be keeping the Nourish bath products? they are 1000x better then the reg 4P garbage, and arent impossible to completely wash off as the reg 4P junk. And that sq of a bar of soap is great
I like them too. We are in transition on the amenities...

We don't have any two bed suites. So a Q/Q on the SPG floor is really as good as it gets for a two-bed upgrade.

Thanks for your business!!! Phil
Old Jan 25, 13, 10:42 am

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL DM (sigh) MM(!), HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Was trying to decide where to stay for a one night stopover on the way to the airport this March (have previously stayed at the Sheraton, Marriott, Renaissance, Hampton Inn, and maybe one or two others)... ended up here because of Phil's posts and more specifically the beer list
Old Jan 25, 13, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by bennos View Post
Was trying to decide where to stay for a one night stopover on the way to the airport this March (have previously stayed at the Sheraton, Marriott, Renaissance, Hampton Inn, and maybe one or two others)... ended up here because of Phil's posts and more specifically the beer list
Did you stay with us already or are you coming? I love the beer in Brewster's. Sometimes it would be good not to work here so I could actually imbibe. Cheers! Phil GM
Old Jan 25, 13, 8:52 pm

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL DM (sigh) MM(!), HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by PhilFPLAXGM View Post
Did you stay with us already or are you coming? I love the beer in Brewster's. Sometimes it would be good not to work here so I could actually imbibe. Cheers! Phil GM
Will be coming the first week of March.
Old Jan 26, 13, 3:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Plat, Starwood Gold.
Our 2 night stay- excellent

Stayed here last weekend and enjoyed it. you will not be disappointed. We are Gold members and received an upgrade to the corner junior suite. Very nice room. Be sure to let the Phil the GM know if you have any special requests. They are obviously customer service orientated. A great value for such a nice property.
Old Jan 26, 13, 8:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta Gold, Cathay Pacific Diamond, SPG plat.
I stayed here around a month ago and had a great experience. I checked-in sick and after I got to my guest room the associate at the front desk called and offered me complimentary tea and chicken noodle soup. While nobody likes traveling sick, I appreciated what the hotel did to try to make it as comfortable as possible.
Old Jan 28, 13, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by bennos View Post
Will be coming the first week of March.
Can you PM me with the details on your March stay? You should check-out our Beer Club package. Let me know if you want details. Best!!! Phil
Old Jan 28, 13, 8:42 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
I just had a great stay at the Four Points LAX!

They were the only hotel that had a room ready for me at check-in with no feather bedding, as I request in advance of my stays. And my other hotels on this trip were a Grand Hyatt & a St. Regis! Nice work, Four Points! And the bed was super comfortable with high thread count sheets.

I was upgraded to a Jr. Suite on the corner, room 617, and I had a great view of the airplanes landing at LAX.

For my fellow airplane nerds, I sat looking out my hotel window for at least an hour during the morning rush at LAX, and I saw two A380s, three 747s, a bunch of 777s, and what seemed like a billion Southwest 737s land.
Old Jan 29, 13, 2:55 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Delta GM, Priority Club Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Marriott Platinum
Pm sent to Phil

Search this Thread