Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Reply

Old Oct 26, 12, 6:05 am
  #466  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by deadinabsentia View Post
As one of the people that bought more than a few $10 nights, I think it highly commendable that you brought the issue to the forum.

My next 'Legit' LAX booking will go to the 4Pts for your candour alone.
Agreed!!
tebfunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 12, 10:39 am
  #467  
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SBE - GM Four Points by Sheraton LAX
Posts: 133
I'm not super timely on the PMs, simply because they don't hit my Blackberry, but I would enourage you to PM me so we can connect via email addresses. It's always good to give me a head's up before your stay. I really appreciate your business. I'm selfishly happy to participate on Flyer Talk. It works almost like an advisory board for me. Cheers!!! Phil BTW for the beer drinkers...November 16th we're tasting Winter Warmers at 6:30 pm.
PhilFPLAXGM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 12, 10:52 pm
  #468  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: BOS
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Mosaic
Posts: 753
Does 4P share the same shuttle as the Sheraton Gateway? Paparazzi has me leaning towards them, but would rather stay at 4P given the comments in this thread.
pWei is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 12, 5:50 am
  #469  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,400
Originally Posted by pWei View Post
Does 4P share the same shuttle as the Sheraton Gateway? Paparazzi has me leaning towards them, but would rather stay at 4P given the comments in this thread.
No, they share w/the Westin.
txrus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 12, 3:11 pm
  #470  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 964
Gonna give this place a shot

Well...We are laying over coming through from Canada over to Hawaii on the way there and the way back. Was totally planning to stay at the Westin but was reading Phil and all the posts and thought hey me and the wife will give this place a shot ! Having the GM post on here like he does goes a long way plus we want a restaurant and a cold beer. I ended up using an excellent BRG rate for both nights coming and going so simply had to do it..........hope it was a good choice Phil

Coming through on Feb.11 & Feb.21
Bravada04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 12, 9:56 am
  #471  
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SBE - GM Four Points by Sheraton LAX
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by Bravada04 View Post
Well...We are laying over coming through from Canada over to Hawaii on the way there and the way back. Was totally planning to stay at the Westin but was reading Phil and all the posts and thought hey me and the wife will give this place a shot ! Having the GM post on here like he does goes a long way plus we want a restaurant and a cold beer. I ended up using an excellent BRG rate for both nights coming and going so simply had to do it..........hope it was a good choice Phil

Coming through on Feb.11 & Feb.21
Thanks for giving us a shot! Can you PM me with your name and confirmation number so I can make sure we live up to the billing. Thanks and Happy Holidays! Phil GM
PhilFPLAXGM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 12, 11:05 am
  #472  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: DEN
Programs: UA Plat 1MM, SPG Plat
Posts: 2,181
Originally Posted by jerry305 View Post
plus we want ... a cold beer
You'll not be disappointed. The beer is serious. I've stayed twice now and had great (and different) stuff both times.

Last time I met a guy who is a regular at the hotel, and based on his consumption rate I'm pretty sure it's mostly because of the beer.
FortFun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 12, 2:26 pm
  #473  
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SBE - GM Four Points by Sheraton LAX
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by FortFun View Post
You'll not be disappointed. The beer is serious. I've stayed twice now and had great (and different) stuff both times.

Last time I met a guy who is a regular at the hotel, and based on his consumption rate I'm pretty sure it's mostly because of the beer.
The regular guest was probably Pasqual if it was a Wednesday night. Just in case there is interest, here is the current tap list that goes along with 100 or so bottles none of which are filled with yellow fizzy beer and some of which are rare Winter Warmers.

Monkish False Prophet
El Segundo Blue House IPA
Taps Schwarzbier
Sierra Nevada Celebration
Avery Ale to the Chief
Lagunitas Pils
Mikkeller Black Hole – New beer, massive 13.1% ABV Stout
Lightning Brewery Thunderweizen
Eagle Rock Vanilla Bean Solidarity (nitro)
North Coast Old Rasputin (nitro)

Cheers!!!

Phil
PhilFPLAXGM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 12, 3:29 pm
  #474  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BUF
Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 865
i fondly remember the old rasputin on tap i had during my last stay... and i can't wait to grab another when i return in february!
freeloader is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 13, 1:52 am
  #475  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: SFO/ATL/MEL/BKK
Programs: Starwood Banned, Marriott Plat, UA 1K MM,
Posts: 2,507
Phil,
As a former semi regular at your hotel, I commend your actions on this matter. I have stayed at all the area SPG hotels, and I think that while the 4 points offers fairly better rates, it also offered fairly great service in my experience. Most airport stays are short and simple. Your hotel is the perfect place to stay I think. People will stay on this cheap rate, and hopefully switch their future business your way. I sure as hell would! Sadly I'm not allowed at SPG properties, or else I would pop in on my next LAX just for the beer, and for the fact that the hotel houses a badass/great GM like yourself. Keep up the good work man, and bring your CS skills to some hotels that REALLY need it.. Sydney cough cough..
ryan754 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 13, 11:26 am
  #476  
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SBE - GM Four Points by Sheraton LAX
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by ryan754 View Post
Phil,
As a former semi regular at your hotel, I commend your actions on this matter. I have stayed at all the area SPG hotels, and I think that while the 4 points offers fairly better rates, it also offered fairly great service in my experience. Most airport stays are short and simple. Your hotel is the perfect place to stay I think. People will stay on this cheap rate, and hopefully switch their future business your way. I sure as hell would! Sadly I'm not allowed at SPG properties, or else I would pop in on my next LAX just for the beer, and for the fact that the hotel houses a badass/great GM like yourself. Keep up the good work man, and bring your CS skills to some hotels that REALLY need it.. Sydney cough cough..
Thank you!
PhilFPLAXGM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 13, 11:28 am
  #477  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NAPA
Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM PREMIER, HYATT DIAMOND, UNITED SILVER, AMERICAN GOLD
Posts: 467
Originally Posted by ryan754 View Post
Phil,
As a former semi regular at your hotel, I commend your actions on this matter. I have stayed at all the area SPG hotels, and I think that while the 4 points offers fairly better rates, it also offered fairly great service in my experience. Most airport stays are short and simple. Your hotel is the perfect place to stay I think. People will stay on this cheap rate, and hopefully switch their future business your way. I sure as hell would! Sadly I'm not allowed at SPG properties, or else I would pop in on my next LAX just for the beer, and for the fact that the hotel houses a badass/great GM like yourself. Keep up the good work man, and bring your CS skills to some hotels that REALLY need it.. Sydney cough cough..
OK, I'll ask...what did you do to get banned?
Vinodavid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 13, 12:54 pm
  #478  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SMF
Programs: SPG LTP
Posts: 1,379
Originally Posted by Vinodavid View Post
OK, I'll ask...what did you do to get banned?
I'll admit I was wondering too...

And, so I'm not entirely off-topic, thanks to Phil your participation in this thread. You've done some pretty cool things with what probably should be a crummy hotel (but isn't). That was supposed to be a compliment...
Sam P. Goodman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 13, 10:47 pm
  #479  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Posts: 6,311
Originally Posted by Vinodavid View Post
OK, I'll ask...what did you do to get banned?
I'm guessing his business stays have to go to other chains by contract or travel policy.
schley is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 13, 2:58 am
  #480  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 048′24″N 17636′59″W
Programs: CX Gold, BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Four Seasons/Belmond Paid Guest
Posts: 896
No problem checking in under the discount rate. Everything was very professionally handled. Well done Phil and staff!
deadinabsentia is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread