Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Old May 4, 12, 11:29 am
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX

Beer Update & Upcoming Surf Lesson Package

Kicking off the Summer's Beer Schedule... I'm not sure if any of you guys will be in the vicinity on May 12. We are holding our grand re-opening of the Brewster's Pool Bar with a Local Brewers' Fest and Poolside BBQ from noon to 5. Tickets are available in advance at Brewster's or on the day of the event. The $20 advance purchase price includes a taster glass, 12 samples of fresh local beer, and free parking. We'll have BBQ plates available a la carte, a brewers' panel at 2 pm, and live music from 3 to 5.

In addition, we will be announcing our search for three California Residents to join the first ever Beer Hotel Advisory Board.

Finally for those of you with surfing still on the Bucket List, stay tuned for our new Sip & Surf Package that includes surf lessons for two at El Porto in Manhattan Beach (2.5 miles from the hotel).

Please contact me with questions or check Facebook/FourPointsLAX for details.

Best!

Phil
Old May 5, 12, 1:03 am

Thanks for your replies! I did find out that I can keep the room for this extra time by "checking in early" at 5pm.. which incurs a fee of $25 and then I can take advantage of the 24hr check-in/check-out service to check out at 8pm the next day. Or like some suggested I could just store my luggage and check-in at 8pm, however after a long haul flight from Australia I'm not sure about exploring anything other than in my dreams.
Old May 7, 12, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Just checked in at 4 points lax and for an airport hotel we're quite happy with it! Got upgraded to a renovated suite at check in which isn't fancy but is spacious and comfortable. I got some photos I'll try and get up soon. Wifi is fast and free and we got a couple of free beer coupons, they also transferred our breakfast to a dinner credit as we'll be checking out in the morning before breakfast starts.
Old May 10, 12, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Originally Posted by PhilFPLAXGM View Post
Kicking off the Summer's Beer Schedule... I'm not sure if any of you guys will be in the vicinity on May 12. We are holding our grand re-opening of the Brewster's Pool Bar with a Local Brewers' Fest and Poolside BBQ from noon to 5. Tickets are available in advance at Brewster's or on the day of the event. The $20 advance purchase price includes a taster glass, 12 samples of fresh local beer, and free parking. We'll have BBQ plates available a la carte, a brewers' panel at 2 pm, and live music from 3 to 5.

In addition, we will be announcing our search for three California Residents to join the first ever Beer Hotel Advisory Board.

Finally for those of you with surfing still on the Bucket List, stay tuned for our new Sip & Surf Package that includes surf lessons for two at El Porto in Manhattan Beach (2.5 miles from the hotel).

Please contact me with questions or check Facebook/FourPointsLAX for details.

Best!

Phil
I'm coming into town for the clippers game and just booked a stay friday night. Might have to check check this out!
Old May 10, 12, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by richiezc View Post
I'm coming into town for the clippers game and just booked a stay friday night. Might have to check check this out!
Here is the beer list for Saturday's Local Brewers' Fest & Poolside BBQ. Check out http://www.facebook.com/events/406053589413167/ for details.

Sierra Nevada Flip Side Double IPA (tapping right at Noon)
Strand 24th Street Pale Ale
El Segundo White Dog & Citra Pale Ale
Smog City Saison & Little Bo Pils
Cismontane Citizen & ABZ IPA
Taps Vienna Country Lager
Eagle Rock Manifesto & Deuce
Bootleggers Smokin' Joe & Old World Hef
Hanger 24 Double IPA
Golden Road Brown Ale
Bruery Triple
Drakes 1500 & IPA
Monkish Feminist

Cheers!

Phil
Old May 13, 12, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Can anyone (Phil or others) clarify the Platinum treatment at this property?

I am trying to decide between the Westin and here.

Have read a lot of posts but seemed like the reports on Platinum treatment indicated inconsistent treatment.
Old May 13, 12, 8:02 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AA, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 377broadway View Post
Can anyone (Phil or others) clarify the Platinum treatment at this property?
I am trying to decide between the Westin and here.
Have read a lot of posts but seemed like the reports on Platinum treatment indicated inconsistent treatment.
Last time I was there, got recognized at check-in, and had to choose breakfast or the points amenity. (Haven't gotten offered the F&B credit others have talked about.) Used the 24-hr check-in, which I love! (Thanks, Phil!) Have concerns that the "new" benefits have reduced Plat benefits at this property, because I understand Plats formerly got breakfast AND points -- now one chooses. So, Phil, will it stay a choice or will Plats get both? Our family really likes this property --we'll be back in two days.
Old May 14, 12, 1:56 pm

Platinum Amenities

Originally Posted by slocouple View Post
Last time I was there, got recognized at check-in, and had to choose breakfast or the points amenity. (Haven't gotten offered the F&B credit others have talked about.) Used the 24-hr check-in, which I love! (Thanks, Phil!) Have concerns that the "new" benefits have reduced Plat benefits at this property, because I understand Plats formerly got breakfast AND points -- now one chooses. So, Phil, will it stay a choice or will Plats get both? Our family really likes this property --we'll be back in two days.
We had a plan laid out and then Starwood did some category changes and changed up the elite benefits a bit. First off, I'm glad the 24 Hour Check-In/Check-Out works for you. As far as I know we are the only property that offers the 24 Hour Check-In/Check-Out service to all guests. It's really easy to book on our website.

Per the Brand we are offering a choice of 250 bonus starpoints or the breakfast. If you have an early check-out and will miss breakfast or you would rather have an F&B credit we're happy to offer a $16 F&B credit in lieu of the breakfast coupon. However, I can customize things a bit for my "Flyertalk Buddies" so please send me a private message and we can switch over to email correspondence.

I hope you'll choose to stay with us and if you do, please give me a head's up so we can be ready for you.

All the Best!

Phil
GM
Old May 14, 12, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by slocouple View Post
Thanks for the business and the loyalty!!!
Old May 14, 12, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just finished 2 good stays here....both times upgraded to a junior suite....cookies & grapes delivered to the room....early check-in & late check-out....this is definitely my property of choice when i am in this area....
Old May 19, 12, 2:20 pm

Programs: All of the Above
@Phil,

Just PM'ed you a quick questions. Thanks!
Old May 20, 12, 11:39 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AA, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
just finished 2 good stays here....both times upgraded to a junior suite....cookies & grapes delivered to the room....early check-in & late check-out....this is definitely my property of choice when i am in this area....
mine, too! And for those of you who are based in (or within driving distance of) Southern California, this property can offer some good value Park & Fly packages, as well.
Old May 21, 12, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by DavidAL View Post
@Phil,

Just PM'ed you a quick questions. Thanks!
@David - Back to you soon on PM... Phil
Old May 23, 12, 2:12 pm

Programs: *A Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC, EC Elite, Starbucks Gold :D
Staying there this Friday, thanks to their 24-hr checkin/checkout option. Lets see how it works out.

Apparently they have complimentary Wifi. So as SPG Gold, I choose bonus Starpoints, which I have learnt are just 250 points
Old May 23, 12, 4:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum
@Phil,

Sent you a message, please reply.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: