Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Old Mar 15, 12, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
phil, your property is showing up on the starpicks website for this week but there seem to be no dates available using this rate....would this be due to a glitch in the starpicks system or yours????
Old Mar 15, 12, 9:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
phil, your property is showing up on the starpicks website for this week but there seem to be no dates available using this rate....would this be due to a glitch in the starpicks system or yours????
Starpicks runs so smoothly every week...I would have to think the problem lies with the property (note this statement is dripping in sarcasm).

Old Mar 15, 12, 10:54 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Phil, can you elaborate on the below. Is this the new norm for this hotel?

Originally Posted by cricketer
Four points by Sheraton @ LAX airport

On 2/21 -- points AND full breakfast (option of $16 restaurant credit) AND 1 free drink

On 3/14 -- points OR breakfast and no free drink

Pretty big devaluation as a platinum quite frankly.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18205840-post200.html
Old Mar 15, 12, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Strange. I don't remember the free drink when I stayed in January.
Old Mar 15, 12, 1:37 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
There was never any points plus full breakfast option at the Four Points LAX on 2/21 as solely a Platinum benefit, though they did offer various packages which offered a combination of benefits that went along with that package. The Four points at various times in the past few months has offered pay $1 extra than the standard rate to get breakfast, etc.
Old Mar 15, 12, 2:52 pm
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
We are communicating with Starwood about this. Properties are not allowed to participate two weeks in a row and since we participated last week with the "What Does Vacation Mean to You" we effectively opted out of this week's promotion. Somehow Starwood still had us participating. Thanks for the great question. Best, Phil
Old Mar 15, 12, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by AJLondon View Post
Phil, can you elaborate on the below. Is this the new norm for this hotel?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18205840-post200.html
Perhaps the member had an off experience? IMHO it used to be 250 points AND full breakfast OR option of $16 restaurant credit OR 1 free drink in the bar

250 points OR full breakfast OR option of $16 restaurant credit OR 1 free drink in the bar is still a reasonable offer for platinum members knowing the value of 250 points and the ability to use the dining/drink credit the same evening of check-in if say your flight is too early to take advantage of the breakfast.
Old Mar 15, 12, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney View Post
Perhaps the member had an off experience? IMHO it used to be 250 points AND full breakfast OR option of $16 restaurant credit OR 1 free drink in the bar
On my last stay, I was offered the points plus a free buffet breakfast (not a full breakfast). The voucher didn't say buffet, so I am glad I presented the voucher before ordering. I was going to order off the menu but when I presented the voucher, I was told it was buffet only.
Old Mar 16, 12, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
There was never any points plus full breakfast option at the Four Points LAX on 2/21 as solely a Platinum benefit, though they did offer various packages which offered a combination of benefits that went along with that package. The Four points at various times in the past few months has offered pay $1 extra than the standard rate to get breakfast, etc.
I stayed there a few weeks ago. I chose the breakfast for Platinum benefit - the voucher said Continental but the restaurant and front desk both said and allowed Full breakfast.

Then when the points posted, I got 125 Gold points (since by then my status dropped back down to Gold when the points posted). Not sure why it ws 125 points but it seemed the hotel offered both.
Old Mar 16, 12, 9:33 pm
Suspended

This all seems so random. Perhaps Phil should just install a wheel and guests can spin it when they check in to determine benefits.
Old May 3, 12, 11:30 pm

Hi,
Would anyone happen to know how much it would cost to keep a room after the '24 hour cut off'? For example I will check in around 5pm however don't wish to check out till around 8pm the next evening due to a late flight. I'm hoping there is a fair price for only keeping the room for 3 hours extra?

Thanks,
Old May 4, 12, 12:11 am

Programs: United Gold, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, BW Diamond, Hertz PC
If you are SPG plat you can keep for 28 hours. If not, you can ask anyways w their online form and they'll tell you. If none of it works, don't check in til 8- lots of places to eat dinner etc
Old May 4, 12, 5:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
If you are SPG plat you can keep for 28 hours. If not, you can ask anyways w their online form and they'll tell you. If none of it works, don't check in til 8- lots of places to eat dinner etc
How does this work? I have never heard of that benefit (28 hours)
Old May 4, 12, 11:13 am

Great question! First off we have our unique 24 Hour Check-In/Check-Out program. Tell us when your coming (48 hours in advance) and we'll have a room ready for you that you can keep for 24 hours. The question came up regarding Platinum benefits and late check-out. Our policy is to honor the 4 hour check-out grace period for Platinums, therefore making it possible to stay for 28 hours. All the Best!!! Phil BTW Happy almost Cinco De Mayo!
Old May 4, 12, 11:18 am

Renovation Update

We are now nearly done with our $16 million redo (can you hear my sigh of relief?). We will be done with the Guest Rooms and Corridors in the East Tower (228 rooms at the back end of the building away from Airport Blvd.) by the end of the third week of this month - targeting 5/22 completion. These rooms have new case goods (flat screen tv, etc.), soft goods, shower & tub enclosures and redone tubs. They also have a double pane window system that is especially good for day sleepers. Cheers! Phil

Search this Thread
Search Engine: