Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Well this is still going on, Last night after a long drive from San Deigo my keys wouldn't work, so I went all the way back and waited in the Gold & Plat line. I was ignored by the FD agent even though she looked at me prior to helping the guest in the regular line (there were two agents at that time). Waited for a while until another agent showed up on the Gold and Plat desk and fixed the situation and that was it. When I returned to the elevator I saw another guest coming down with the keys in hand so I thought this might be an issue for some guests. When this happened to be at the Sheraton Pasadena I was offered straight away 1K points for the inconveince.

Plus when I checked in yesterday it took almost 20 minutes to finish checking in with what it seems to me a new FD agent but I was more than happy to be patient while he checks everything (He was very friendly). I had a little bit of issues during checking in. I hate coming to the front desk every now and then to fix things up so I just wanted to fix it at that time.

I'm halfway through my stay and other than that it's still a plesent stay and hoping my keys will work tonight.
It is this reason that I ask for 3 keys at check in. At all hotels no less, the not working key has to be one of the most annoying things about hotels. Especially with your initial check in. When they look at me about I just say in case the first two don't work

Calling doesn't help as it usually takes for ever to get someone to come up
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:44 pm
Suspended

With hotel keys, I put one in each (otherwise empty) back pocket so neither are near cell phones, credit cards, etc.

It's also a shame the elite line problem still hasn't been fixed. I had no idea that would be so difficult.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
So based on Phil's participation here I moved my 2 recent park & fly stays to the 4P LAX:

1st stay: very good. Jr. Suite, great cookie plate, nice breakfast. However housekeeping called 2x asking 'if I need service' ie: when will you check out!

2nd stay: meh. Just a regular, remodeled room, one you couldn't sit on the toilet because the wall TP holder was in the way! Housekeeping called 3x that morning, 2nd no one was there. 3rd time I answered 'hello housekeeping, I know it's you' and they asked 'do you need service' and I told them I'd been given a 2PM checkout. [It was 1PM]. I know they have a tight schedule but you'd think they'd honor a DnD sign and get a report from the FD when the agent entered a late checkout for me?

Interestingly on the 2nd stay at check-in they offered some new options for the platinum amenity: 250 points, breakfast buffet, or around $15 credit towards food in the bar that evening in case I was checking out before breakfast. Very nice options!

I'm sure Phil will follow-up so I will likely give them another chance re: aggressive housekeeping.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
With hotel keys, I put one in each (otherwise empty) back pocket so neither are near cell phones, credit cards, etc.

It's also a shame the elite line problem still hasn't been fixed. I had no idea that would be so difficult.
Well today was a little different, not the key part though, that didn't work again even though I had kept one of the keys in my front pocket with nothing else there. Went down again but this time they did recognize the elite line which was nice.

Tommorow I think I will just go to the front desk before going up just in case the keys are not working well.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been asking questions on another thread...

Phil said that "odd numbered rooms 5th floor and above in the west tower have a pretty good airport view". Are those rooms also renovated? Does anyone have any good photos of the airport taken from these rooms?

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:37 pm
Company Representative - Four Points by Sheraton LAX

Originally Posted by username
I have been asking questions on another thread...

Phil said that "odd numbered rooms 5th floor and above in the west tower have a pretty good airport view". Are those rooms also renovated? Does anyone have any good photos of the airport taken from these rooms?

Thanks.
Those are West Tower renovated rooms. I think you will like them. Best, Phil

BTW - By pretty good aiport view I mean the best airport view we have. We're a block back from Century Blvd which is good for noise, not so good for plane watching.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:40 pm

Well today was a little different, not the key part though, that didn't work again even though I had kept one of the keys in my front pocket with nothing else there. Went down again but this time they did recognize the elite line which was nice.

Tommorow I think I will just go to the front desk before going up just in case the keys are not working well.
If you get a chance call down to Justin at 7098 of to me at 7006 and let me know what room you are in so I can have engineering check the lock. Thanks!!! Phil
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:44 pm

Just found out we had a problem with the key machine interface that was rectified today, Phil
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
So based on Phil's participation here I moved my 2 recent park & fly stays to the 4P LAX:

1st stay: very good. Jr. Suite, great cookie plate, nice breakfast. However housekeeping called 2x asking 'if I need service' ie: when will you check out!

2nd stay: meh. Just a regular, remodeled room, one you couldn't sit on the toilet because the wall TP holder was in the way! Housekeeping called 3x that morning, 2nd no one was there. 3rd time I answered 'hello housekeeping, I know it's you' and they asked 'do you need service' and I told them I'd been given a 2PM checkout. [It was 1PM]. I know they have a tight schedule but you'd think they'd honor a DnD sign and get a report from the FD when the agent entered a late checkout for me?

Interestingly on the 2nd stay at check-in they offered some new options for the platinum amenity: 250 points, breakfast buffet, or around $15 credit towards food in the bar that evening in case I was checking out before breakfast. Very nice options!

I'm sure Phil will follow-up so I will likely give them another chance re: aggressive housekeeping.
Great feedback on Housekeeping. Just passed it on. Not sure how we missed the late check-out at housekeeping dispatch but I'll find out. Appreciate the post!!! Best, Phil
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by PhilFPLAXGM
Just found out we had a problem with the key machine interface that was rectified today, Phil
It can happen anywhere. Saw you today btw infront of the elevators around noon but it seems you were too busy about what happened so I just passed by, didn't want to interrupt you.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
Solid stay

Was there for the weekend. If you saw a devilishly handsome, chubby, bald guy wandering around the property with a golden dog the size of a full grown mountain lion, that was me.

Not sure if I have ever encountered a more friendly staff.

Over the top great beer selection in the pub and solid food. Good breakfasts. I really like the chocolate chip cookies they give plats.

This has to be my favorite 4 Points.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 7:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vinodavid

The GM's participation in Flyertalk makes it one of my favorites.

(note the brown nosing.)
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:12 am

It can happen anywhere. Saw you today btw infront of the elevators around noon but it seems you were too busy about what happened so I just passed by, didn't want to interrupt you.
Its never an interruption! Next time please stop by my office if you have time or just grab me in the hall. Thanks for staying with us!!! Phil
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Vinodavid
Was there for the weekend. If you saw a devilishly handsome, chubby, bald guy wandering around the property with a golden dog the size of a full grown mountain lion, that was me.

Not sure if I have ever encountered a more friendly staff.

Over the top great beer selection in the pub and solid food. Good breakfasts. I really like the chocolate chip cookies they give plats.

Thanks!!!

Devilishly handsome?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:07 pm

Checked out a few days ago, Other than the key cards issue and the slow check-in I could say it was a good stay.

Will stay again in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.