FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Four Points at LAX Los Angeles Airport [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/498611-four-points-lax-los-angeles-airport-master-thread.html)

craz Dec 3, 2010 7:55 am

Originally Posted by hejustlaughs (Post 15372138)
I was hoping someone would help me out with a few questions about this property.

What's the difference between a deluxe and traditional room?

I need two beds for an upcoming stay. For the same price I have the choice of:

Deluxe room with two double beds

or

Traditional room with two queen beds.

Also, does the parking have in/out privileges?

Cant help with the rooms as they give me the so called corner suites, dont worry you arent missing anything and its a King bed

as for parking, who pays for parking when within a couple mins walk there is tons of street parking, just make sure you raed the signs so you arent parked when you arent allowed to. Ive stayed here many many times and never had to use their paid parking lot

volkswankin Dec 7, 2010 4:08 pm

Stayed here for a night in October and was upgraded to a huge suite. They left us some delicious oatmeal cookies and grapes. The cookies were fantastic! I even brought some home with me and had them the next day.

TheEyeTie Apr 21, 2011 11:26 am

Hi all,

Does anyone know whether AVIS is close to the hotel please? I have a layover in a couple of weeks time, and renting a car from AVIS LAX first thing in the morning... I'm just trying to figure out whether I can walk there or if there are any free buses, or if I have to go back to LAX then catch a bus from there!

Many thanks!

IBAG

eponymous_coward Apr 21, 2011 11:30 am

Easy walking distance. You'll be fine.

KENNECTED Apr 21, 2011 11:34 am

Originally Posted by ItalyBAGold (Post 16257600)
Hi all,

Does anyone know whether AVIS is close to the hotel please? I have a layover in a couple of weeks time, and renting a car from AVIS LAX first thing in the morning... I'm just trying to figure our whether I can walk there or if there are any free buses, or if I have to go back to LAX then catch a bus from there!

Many thanks!

IBAG

Yes, it's literally across the street. albeit down the block.

Look a Google maps and that will show you how close they are.

The hotel is at 98/Airport Blvd and the return entrance to Avis is down the street on Airport Blvd.

It's walkable, I know people that have done it. Check with the property or Avis to see if they have a shuttle that runs between the two.

JFKSFOLAX_friend Apr 21, 2011 11:37 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED (Post 16257646)

You're back!! :D

TheEyeTie Apr 21, 2011 11:49 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward (Post 16257625)
Easy walking distance. You'll be fine.

Originally Posted by KENNECTED (Post 16257646)

Look a Google maps and that will show you how close they are.

The hotel is at 98/Airport Blvd and the return entrance to Avis is down the street on Airport Blvd.

It's walkable, I know people that have done it. Check with the property or Avis to see if they have a shuttle that runs between the two.

Many thanks! I checked the Google map, and they seemed to be close, although I wasn't sure how *big* the blocks were.. KENNECTED: I noticed you mentioned the *return* entrance to AVIS is down the street, However, I'm picking up from AVIS. Are the returns and pick-ups located at different sites please?

Thanks once again!

KENNECTED Apr 21, 2011 11:55 am

Originally Posted by ItalyBAGold (Post 16257745)
Many thanks! I checked the Google map, and they seemed to be close, although I wasn't sure how *big* the blocks were.. KENNECTED: I noticed you mentioned the *return* entrance to AVIS is down the street, However, I'm picking up from AVIS. Are the returns and pick-ups located at different sites please?

Thanks once again!

Nope, I just listed that so you were aware you could enter there and walk through to the pickup office.

I didn't want you to think you needed to walk around to the Jenny Road entrance.

TheEyeTie Apr 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by KENNECTED (Post 16257798)

Nope, I just listed that so you were aware you could enter there and walk through to the pickup office.

I didn't want you to think you needed to walk around to the Jenny Road entrance.

Thanks for your help! ^

mazzer Apr 21, 2011 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by ItalyBAGold (Post 16257600)
Hi all,

Does anyone know whether AVIS is close to the hotel please? I have a layover in a couple of weeks time, and renting a car from AVIS LAX first thing in the morning... I'm just trying to figure out whether I can walk there or if there are any free buses, or if I have to go back to LAX then catch a bus from there!

Many thanks!

IBAG

Rent from Budget which is across the road from the hotel - literally 20 seconds away. (I believe that Avis owns Budget).

JFKSFOLAX_friend Apr 21, 2011 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by ItalyBAGold (Post 16257844)
Thanks for your help! ^

KENNECTED (aka Cheap Elite) is a lot of help!!

TheEyeTie Apr 22, 2011 2:18 am

Originally Posted by mazzer (Post 16259169)
Rent from Budget which is across the road from the hotel - literally 20 seconds away. (I believe that Avis owns Budget).

Hi, I checked their rates and they're all *but* budget! Avis is quoting me GBP115 for 7 days (pick up LAX return PSP), while Budget's quote is GBP518!

Happy to walk few miles for the savings!

KENNECTED Apr 22, 2011 5:08 am

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend (Post 16259350)
KENNECTED (aka Cheap Elite) is a lot of help!!

Awwwwww THANKS! It's nice to feel appreciated by your peers.

Originally Posted by ItalyBAGold (Post 16261302)
Hi, I checked their rates and they're all *but* budget! Avis is quoting me GBP115 for 7 days (pick up LAX return PSP), while Budget's quote is GBP518!

Happy to walk few miles for the savings!

LOL. Cheapie!^^

LovetoTravel83 Nov 30, 2011 1:49 am

Stayed here for two nights, upgraded to Junior Suite.

The room and stay was ok, the only issue I had was with the bathtub, I tried to take a shower prior checking out but it was clogged, couldn't get the water to sink and did not have anytime to call guest services so I just checked out.

PhilFPLAXGM Jan 3, 2012 10:53 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 (Post 17538935)
Stayed here for two nights, upgraded to Junior Suite.

The room and stay was ok, the only issue I had was with the bathtub, I tried to take a shower prior checking out but it was clogged, couldn't get the water to sink and did not have anytime to call guest services so I just checked out.

Sorry about the clogged shower. Hope your stay was ok otherwise and we'll be welcoming you back soon. Best, Phil GM