Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain, Ontario, Canada [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain, Ontario, Canada [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
The unpaved parking is right beside the hotel...

....its on the same road as you drive in....you can't miss it....just drop your bags at the front and go and park. Maybe a 50-100m walk.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 11:40 am

If you are facing the hotel then the lot will be to the right, literally right beside the hotel.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Checked in today for a one-nighter.
Valet parking pretty chaotic. Cars parked helter-skelter at entrance, and one valet guy meandering around. Well, at least it was taken care of. Certainly not impressive, not Westin level, and no way 4 diamonds.

Upgraded to a den suite as PLT. PLT amenity not offered; had to ask for it and the front desk person disappeared to ask for instructions. He returned and processed that. So, ok. Shouldn't have to ask, but at least got it (I think). Asked about late checkout. Said no, they couldn't process it because tomorrow is very busy. I asked isn't it an official benefit, and was told they were just too full. Told me to try again tomorrow morning. And maybe they could give me AN EXTRA HOUR! No promises, though. Wow. Thank you so much. Must be a resort thing, I guess. BTW, checkout is 11 am. Oh great. I guess it was my fault that I didn't check up on that before I came.

Restaurant is nice. No complaints there.

Town is smallish, but there are some shops and restaurants and bars.

I am paying a good rate, and I am just passing through. But I don't think I'll be in a hurry to return any time soon. If I need something like that again, I'd rather drive several more hours and go to Fairmont Tremblant in QC.

Absolutely not what I expect from a Westin.

Last edited by choptliva; Apr 2, 2010 at 8:08 pm Reason: can't seem to spell...
Old Sep 7, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
I stayed here again last summer (fool me once, shame on you . . . fool me twice, . . .) and it failed to impress again.
I guess I am in the same boat as you because I just got fooled twice! LOL.

Returned for the second summer in a row, and I guess it took a full year for me to forget why I shouldn't rush to go back...

The best thing that I can say about this hotel is that it is FAR superior to the other Intrawest properties adjacent. Those are just gross for the most part. Decrepit holes. I know because I went through 3 rooms at three different buildings before I just gave up. Then I found the Westin and it was so much better. Newer, brighter, better, etc.

I used the free parking in the unpaved lot trick, which saved me $60 over three days. That was awesome. Thanks guys. And I saw guys freakin over waiting for their valeted cars anyhow...

As an SPG Gold, I got F'all. But to be expected I guess lol.

Was booked into a one bed room suite and was put at the very end of the hallway (377 - as in 77 rooms down the hallway from the elevator, with view of the bear in the woods....whatever...I had a bell boy assisting with bags and that was a great idea...no use getting nuts carrying all the family stuff solo. Anyhow, he was patient while I called Service Express to ask for something better. Was put on the SPG Floor (what's dat?! lol....nothin...), had a view of the pool which was nice, on fifth floor, closer to the elevator thankfully. No upgrade to a suite with Den, even after I pulled the SPG gold card over the phone..They told me since I only had wife and 1 kid, that it wouldnt be much more use...Anyhow, the one bedroom suite was only a queen bed, and cramped as all hell. Felt claustrophobic with a small dining room table and kitchennete packed into a small room with adjacent small bedroom.

Check in girl was in training and that may explain something, but it was like SPG Gold was some elite level at some other hotel, not this one.

Anyhow, Oliver and Bonacini is a decent restaurant there. The only decent place to eat. REALLY. The others, even though you will want to try them out, are piss poor, on the verge of crap. Revolting tourist food. No quality whatsoever and way over priced. I tried them all. Unfortunately. Final straw was at the Firemans Hose or whatever, where I got a tiny frozen processed chicken cutlet with fries for $15. Gross.

Good service at O&B as well, for the most part, although some screw ups that were addressed, for the most part. Wont bother getting into it, but it is atill a small town service staff for the most part.

Housekeeping is a joke. They do D all. Empty garbage and make the bed. Thats about it. Kitchenette remains as you left it, dishes and all. Welcome home.

Check your bill on the way out. I got dinged for $50 for something called "Dockside" - [what dat?! -ed.]. Even front desk didn't know what that was, but was a nice way for them to make a quick $50, had I not caught on.

Bottom line, if you are going to go and bore yourself for 3 days and go mental there with nothing but a juggler to occupy you between meals, at least stay at the Westin, to reduce the punishment. One day is more than enough! Trust me!

Last edited by blueline7; Sep 7, 2010 at 7:25 pm
Old Feb 16, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Trillium House -- amazing restaurant, good overall exp.

Had a terrific one night stay here. Amenity offered at check in. Upgraded to a one bedroom suite. Good plat recognition - along the lines of "welcome Mr. ****, you have been upgraded as befitting your status" . Also received free parking in the underground lot. The restaurant is excellent, a real stand out compared to anything else in the vicinity. The outdoor pool being open in the winter was kinda cool too.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Continuous improvement

I've stayed here many times over the past few years and while I had some minor issues several years ago the hotel has addressed my concerns and I've seen considerable improvement in the past few years.

My past stay was in October 2011 for a friends wedding and due to a last minute change I found myself hosting the bachelor party. The hotel went above and beyond to accommodate our requests - very well done!

While Tremblant provides a larger village (with more selection) I'd still recommend this property if you're looking for a quick getaway from Toronto.

The restaurant remains top notch.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
The restaurant remains top notch.
And good value too.. On of the best value Hotel restaurants
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:42 am

Stayed here few weeks ago for one night. nice property. good SPG recognition. got pre upgraded to a suite. I agree with the other poster that one day is more than enough for a visit as the town is small. Tremblant in QC is much nicer.

the hotel restaurant O&B is fantastic
Old Nov 1, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: SPG-plat, AirMiles-gold
I redeemed two FRN this past weekend.

Overall a really good stay the family.

Did get upgraded to one bedroom suite. All the staff was very nice and friendly.

However I did have to ask for plat amenities and they did have to get the manager...she came and graciously offered the free movie. That doesn't bother me but I wonder if it's part of "the plan" not to offer anything upfront.

I asked about 4pm checkout. They said they couldn't offer it now and to ask on checkout day, which was Sunday. When I did ask on Sunday around 10am, they said all late checkout's was offered already as they had several plats staying. That sucked as we then had to scramble to get out by noon.

Those two small issues aside, everything else was very enjoyable.

The heated outdoor (year round) pool was comfortably warm. Hot tubs...well, nice and hot ;-)

I like the little village, some nice restaurants. I was surprised at how busy the restaurants were on Saturday night as this is their off-season. I recommend making reservations. Friday night was slower and didn't need any.

Good areas for hiking. The RidgeRunner is well worth the 10bucks!

The tip about the free parking right beside the hotel was well taken advantage of. We were in and out of the car quicker than those at valet.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Anyone have more recent experiences with this property? I am considering taking a trip up there either before or after a trip to Toronto. Would it be a peaceful place to spend a day or two/is it worth the drive?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Any recent experiences at this hotel? What are the Plat Breakfast options? Is it a nice place to visit now in the winter months? Swimming outside seems possible?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:54 pm

Any recent reviews?

Looking to spend 50000marriott pt here for a night to take kids for a quick ski trip. We have plat (the one for 75 nights) so what are some confirmed plat benefits?

thanks
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip
Any recent reviews?
Here now. We reserved a one bedroom. As Platinum we were “upgraded” to the third floor, which has a King bed in the bedroom instead of a Queen. We were offered a choice of breakfast (for 2 adults), 1000 points or a “local gift” as platinum welcome gift.

The hotel is nice. Very busy this weekend. The concierge also serves as Check in for Gold/ Platinum guests. Both staff there have been helpful. Good location relative to the slopes. Our teens are having a great time!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Was it a full breakfast or cont'l? Please post & I'll update the exec lounge sticky. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I just stayed here and this is the voucher Platinums and Titaniums get:

The front desk team is a complete disaster. Upon checking in I got a worse upgrade than what the app said. I also had to make three trips to the front desk to finally get these little coupons. On the plus side, Parking was comped because of these problems but still, get your act together...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.