Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Chicago Downtown [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Chicago Downtown [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:11 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
me, too...for the end of january 2008.

any updates on this property? the westin michigan avenue also has great rates but they don't include parking. this was too good of a deal to pass up.

thoughts? thanks.
stayed there the tuesday night before thanksgiving. choose a movie for the kids as a platinum amenity and they did not watch it but ended up with a $12 credit on the bill which helped with the parking charge. i have stayed at the westin a number of times and i actually found the 4 points just as nice and a bit more convenient. my wife and the girls like nordstroms more than bloomingdales so we are a lot closer. for a casual lunch try the cosi that is right behind norstroms. we were 4 for one night so i booked a so called suite which was one room but it had two double beds and then a pull out double sofa all in a row. plenty of room and free internet on top of it.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Wait..... is it "miracle mile" or "magnificent mile"?
Exactly what I was wondering...
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by abk
free internet on top of it.
yeah, free internet and free parking are nice (well, parking is $1).

and, i generally like the "new" four points offering with bottled water, free internet, etc.

and, the locations are comparable.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 2:33 pm

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
$1 Parking Again

There is a parking promo again into 1Q09; some weekends as low as $100. Go the "special offers" page from property site.

Stayed there twice in 4Q08. Each time upgraded from 2DB to 2DB+SOFA as a Gold. The rooms on the top floor on the south side of the building actually have a pretty view of the old Masonic Temple below and cityscape. Free water, fridge, internet, and my kids like the pool, too.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 1:55 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Stayed here recently, don't think I was upgraded as a Gold. No view from the room I got, but the hotel is in a handy location - about 4 blocks from the subway, and a block or two from the Magificant Mile.

Plenty of restaurants and a supermarket nearby, so didn't try any places in the hotel.

Friendly and efficient staff throughout (maybe run by a family?), and free wifi in room.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:21 am
Formerly ItalyBAGold

Hi All. I'm planning to stay at this hotel for the weekend and noticed they have the following rate available:

Rate Plan DescriptionAmerican Girl Packag. American Girl Package. Girl's name must be given at timeof reservation.Includes Deluxe Guest Room Accomadations,American girl doll bed to take home.(additionalbedavail for $18 contact hotel)Cookies & Milk for one girl day of arrival only (additional for $10 contact hotel) breakfast for two.. Identification required.

I'm a single male travelling - does anynone know whether I can book this room or not..!? The rate is $119.

Thanks!

IBAG
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:06 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Very nice stay

I'm not a real big fan of Four Points in general. I was in Chicago last weekend for a getaway and needed one more stay to hit Platinum. I stayed the first night in the Four Points Miracle Mile and was really pleased ($95.00 rate). Comfortable hotel in a great location. Nice staff...decent room...free internet. Refrigerator is always nice. A block away from Mich. Ave. A Strarbucks and Big Bowl around the corner. I liked it much more than the Hyatt Regency I stayed at the following night.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Very nice place!

Staying here now for 3 nights, upgraded to a "suite". Basically just a larger room. But paying only 75USD per night, so a great value!! The room is very airy and have lots of space. On the 8th floor, but not much of a view. But who cares. The location is absolutely amazing for shopping and drinking, way better than the Sheraton or the W.

Platinum amenity was not offered at check-in, had to ask for it. Let's see if the 250 points post correctly.

The staff are fun and very out-going. I do appreciate that! They're efficient and pretty responsive too

The bar is a sad place, and the plunge pool on the 5th floor is filled with kids screaming and splashing water everywhere, so it's completely impossible to swim there. I hope they do something about the bar in the future, it's looks kind of temporary, and does not feel "authentic" in any way.

BUT, would return to this place in a heartbeat! It's a nice hotel, great service and a great location! Considering the low rate I would give this place 4,5 out of 5!
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by skrosvik
Staying here now for 3 nights, upgraded to a "suite". Basically just a larger room. But paying only 75USD per night, so a great value!! The room is very airy and have lots of space. On the 8th floor, but not much of a view. But who cares. The location is absolutely amazing for shopping and drinking, way better than the Sheraton or the W.

Platinum amenity was not offered at check-in, had to ask for it. Let's see if the 250 points post correctly.

The staff are fun and very out-going. I do appreciate that! They're efficient and pretty responsive too

The bar is a sad place, and the plunge pool on the 5th floor is filled with kids screaming and splashing water everywhere, so it's completely impossible to swim there. I hope they do something about the bar in the future, it's looks kind of temporary, and does not feel "authentic" in any way.

BUT, would return to this place in a heartbeat! It's a nice hotel, great service and a great location! Considering the low rate I would give this place 4,5 out of 5!
Wow $75 bucks! That is great.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:33 pm
Suspended

paying only 75USD per night
Wow. How did you get that rate? Did it just pop up or was it a special sale/deal?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Wow. How did you get that rate? Did it just pop up or was it a special sale/deal?
It was some kind of a promo rate, Winter Rate or Winter Savings, or something like that. It was widely available on SPG.com. I booked it for 3 nights this week and one night next week.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
It was some kind of a promo rate, Winter Rate or Winter Savings, or something like that. It was widely available on SPG.com. I booked it for 3 nights this week and one night next week.
What is the a.i. price after illinois tax, city of chicago tax and service charges? $140?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by schley
What is the a.i. price after illinois tax, city of chicago tax and service charges? $140?
Hahaha, NO - 86.55 USD per night to be accurate

BTW - just went down to the bar to have a beer, but the bar was closed. I was told the bar is only open during the weekends. Well, well....

Last edited by skrosvik; Mar 22, 2010 at 3:26 pm
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: Starwood, Hyatt, Hilton
I had my first stay at here last night. I was upgraded to what they called an extra comfy room on the 8th floor. Check in was fast and efficient. Our room faced Ontario Street and you had am OK view but since it is only 8 floors you aren't going to see much in that area of Chicago. I really like the bathroom in this hotel. The shower head must have been at least 7 feet high since I did not have to duck at all and the shower curtain actually stayed on the side of the tub and did not try and blow back into the tub. They had a good array of shower items, I like that they had mouthwash, but no shower gel, luckily I had brought my stash from the W. For $75 it was a steal for the area since you are a block from the heart of most of the stores on Michigan Avenue.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:07 pm
Suspended

I stayed here a few weeks ago. It is a solid option. I paid $99. Parking was something outrageous like $38 per night (I am guessing). Of course, it was just billed to my credit card and I was not sent a bill or anything. I had to call and have it emailed to me. But, again, it is a nice option considering the area. The mattress was good, good coffee in the room, check-in was fast, etc. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.