Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tarrytown NY Sheraton [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tarrytown NY Sheraton [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
How is this property for trips into Manhattan? Is it close to the Metro North station?
Also, it would be great to hear from an FTs about recent stays?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:27 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
How is this property for trips into Manhattan? Is it close to the Metro North station?

Here's
a map of the route from the hotel to the train station
Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: HH Silver(!), SPG Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Out of my Element

Here's
a map of the route from the hotel to the train station
When I stayed there last, they had a shuttle to the station. According to their website:
Shuttle Service
Our shuttle service runs daily from 6:30 am - 11:00 pm and travels within a 5 miles radius which includes the local dining and shopping areas. The shuttle does not include transportation to the airport.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Living nearby I can tell you the actually train ride to the city isn't bad. If you have to go to Midtown it can be a great option. However, keep in mind where you have to go. The train takes you to Grand Central so if you need to be downtown add another half hour once you're in the city.

As for the shuttle from the hotel, I've obviously never taken it. However, Tarrytown is a small town but the streets are quite busy. Lots of stop lights. It's probably a 3 or 4 mile shuttle ride but can take 20 minutes.
Old May 18, 2013, 5:13 am

mini review-May 2013

Thanks, everyone, for all the helpful advice!
The walking map is particularly useful since the shuttle from the Tarrytown Metro North station does not run on weekends! I took a cab as I had luggage and it was $8 with tip! (the cabbie was from the Dominican Republic, probably one of the only Hispanics living in Tarrytown!)
Some notes on the property:
- lounge is closed on the weekends As a Plat, I received coupons good for both appetizers and breakfast ^;
- we decided to leave our car at the property, no problem for complimentary overnight parking;
- WSJ is available on the weekend ^.
- complimentary coffee is available Mon-Fri in the lobby;
- there is a Stop-n-Shop within walking distance c/w a deli.
I found the property quite dated, but the staff are incredibly helpful - as others have suggested.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Alt location for White Plains business trip

Had a one night stay here for business when White Plains hotels were booked/super expensive. An independently-run Starbucks has recently opened in the lobby of this property, which was convenient. As earlier review said, the large grocery store also shares the same parking lot for other needs. Updated lobby and rooms. Club lounge immediately off elevator bank with all day snacks/drinks and club breakfast w nice server/host. However, a bit of bad luck as the elevator button was not working on 6th floor (club) so you had to take the stairs to 5 or call to have elevator sent up - staff said it was a multi-day issue. Window in my room had the seal broken - evident from moisture/stains that this was not a recent occurrence - so view was obstructed and gross. Internet was down for 4 hours from 7p-11p until I called 3 times for have it reset. Otherwise I really like the room and bed comfort as well as desk and chair w footstool - well designed for not necessarily large room.

Overall, good property, but suffers from the small things that I find plague Sheratons generally - they just can’t finish well, there is always something wrong. Just depends on whether you can get past it.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:38 am

another stay

Another stay this week. I drove to Metro North (2.7 miles) & parked for free on Sunday. The hotel is still dated. (Ironically, the more expensive Marriott is right next door!) . The staff are great and the Internet sucks.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Another stay this week. I drove to Metro North (2.7 miles) & parked for free on Sunday. The hotel is still dated. (Ironically, the more expensive Marriott is right next door!) . The staff are great and the Internet sucks.
The first time you said it was dated it was only six years old.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Just checked in for a quick stay. Rate was the same as the Courtyard and $7 less than the Marriott, but regretting it. Front desk agent said "I have you on the club floor but the club is closed." No mention of elite status. Restaurant is closed.
​​Room is fine, but certainly wouldn't pay a premium over the Courtyard, which has more facilities open. Rooms seem fairly recently renovated but still a very loud wall unit air conditioner.

oh and The front desk agent had her mask hanging off her face .

update: there was a drunk man sitting on the floor outside my room, no mask, at 4pm on a Saturday....later there was a shopping cart from the stop and shop in the hallway, and the elevator smelled like marijuana. When I went to use the microwave in the "club", there was a breakfast bowl that had been in it so long it had mold on it.
​​​​​

Last edited by Adam1222; Aug 1, 2020 at 6:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.