Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Concierge email address: [email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from March 2018 including description of Table 55 at the King Cole Bar:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408
Print Wikipost

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
My wife and I just yesterday completed our 7 night stay. My SNAs didn’t clear, but we were upgraded to a deluxe room on the 3rd floor. The hotel was completely sold out for our first two nights, so I wasn’t surprised that the SNAs didn’t clear. Despite the low floor, the room was as pretty quiet with little noise from the street.

This was our second stay at the St. Regis, but our previous stay was several years ago. Like last time, they waived the destination fee due to the length of our stay. The staff was as welcome, friendly and helpful as we remembered from our previous stay. The room was beautiful and well maintained. The main difference from last time was that on our previous visit, we had the same butler most mornings, whereas this time it was a different butler most mornings. They were all friendly and helpful, but we weren’t able to establish the same rapport as last time.

We chose to have breakfast in the room every morning. It came within 40 minutes of ordering, sometimes faster than that. As mentioned by others, as a Titanium guest we were given a daily $92 breakfast credit. However, the hotel also removes all additional charges including the automatically added gratuity and additional room service delivery charge which together bring the total to over $130 on the room service bill and which only twice were we actually given to sign.

The hotel car service is a great perk, but also very popular so rarely available when you want to use it. You can’t book it in advance. It was only available once at a time we would have liked to use it.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Booked a single night last night (11/23 into Thanksgiving day)

Booked a standard room, was upgraded to the Deluxe which was a little unfortunate as I was expecting one of the lower suites considering a single night stay and paid cash. Got a notification just prior to my late check-in time that my room was ready. Valet immediately took my vehicle and noted my leave time for the morning guy. Front desk ran down the benefits which I laughed considering I couldn't take advantage of any of it really at 11PM at night and leaving in the morning. Got my breakfast credit which was explained as 1000 points or American breakfast which if you don't know is $46 or something each. I'll see if they process it as a credit for $46 each or because only one of us ordered the American breakfast I'll be on the hook for my regular meal.

What I was impressed that even at 11:30 at night the butler made a point to stop by and asked if we needed anything and explained everything promptly and wished us a good night. I'm a local and decided to just stay in the city for the night rather then go home, thoroughly impressed by the property and I do figure if you do enough repeat stays you will get suites similar to Ritz SoBe

Edit: Got my Folio and only credit for 1 for breakfast and shows only 1 guest even though the front desk took my guests name down when we checked in...so just verify folios I guess.

Last edited by cubeman; Nov 24, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Old Dec 26, 2022, 8:03 pm
bil

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
Hi all,

I am staying in this property early January — 5 nights, we’ve been saving points for several years. Wanted to check on any recommendations to take full advantage of the experience

Also, what are the services provided by the butler? I’ve read packing and unpacking luggage, coffee on request and pressing of two items per day. Is that right?

thanks.

bil
Old Dec 30, 2022, 3:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bil
Hi all,

I am staying in this property early January — 5 nights, we’ve been saving points for several years. Wanted to check on any recommendations to take full advantage of the experience

Also, what are the services provided by the butler? I’ve read packing and unpacking luggage, coffee on request and pressing of two items per day. Is that right?

thanks.

bil
My last time there I used the butler to get me ice and sparkling water, morning coffee and a paper, shined shoes and pressing of my coat.

I'll be there tomorrow night in fact and I'll post an updated review shortly after.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 12/31 to 1/1

This was my second time at the hotel. I'd previous been there Christmas Eve, 2021 as part of my Honeymoon. This time it was part of my one year anniversary trip. I thought everything about the hotel was perfect a year ago, this time...a little less so and I'll explain why.

I know it was New Year's Eve which I think explains the decline in service. It started right away when there was no one outside to help with bags. No one helped me when I left either and I had 55 pound suitcase. Check in was rushed and the agent was focused more on making sure I knew there would be a Destination Fee than anything else.

I'd booked a Deluxe King for 110,000 points and then upgraded to a Grand Luxe using a SNA

It's a good room but we had a single window in the living room which looked out into an airshaft and makes the room very cave like.

The destination fee "amenities". At least you get a dining credit. Speaking of dining, we arrived at 9 PM after flight delays and wanted to order room service. Their NYE dining menu was really pitiful

Uber Eats rescued us thankfully. Our butler was friendly but pretty rushed. Things took a while to come to the room.

Still, starting the New Year with a paper and coffee service was fun. We had breakfast at Astor Place and the food was great but wow even for New York are the prices shocking. $28 for a mimosa hurt.

So overall good but not great this time.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 9:00 am

Worth applying SNA’s?

I am a Platinum Member who has an upcoming Sunday night stay at this property. I understand the SNA’s can only be applied to the Grand Luxe Rooms and not actual suites. Any thoughts or data points if it’s worth applying? Any chance they will upgrade higher at check in? Alternatively, if I don’t apply, are they good about upgrading members based upon status, or is this unlikely? There appear to be several of all Room categories available based upon the date I’m staying.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JohnsonTM
I am a Platinum Member who has an upcoming Sunday night stay at this property. I understand the SNA’s can only be applied to the Grand Luxe Rooms and not actual suites. Any thoughts or data points if it’s worth applying? Any chance they will upgrade higher at check in? Alternatively, if I don’t apply, are they good about upgrading members based upon status, or is this unlikely? There appear to be several of all Room categories available based upon the date I’m staying.
I’m not sure applying SNAs is worth it. I’m 2 for 2 on suite upgrades. The first time (pre-Covid) I did request SNA but was denied. I had a one-night stay and requested a 4 pm checkout. They said how about 1 pm instead and offered me the Dior suite which was pretty amazing.

The second time (which was about 10 months ago) I didn’t bother with SNAs. It was also a one-night stay and we again requested a 4 pm checkout. This time they offered another suite, smaller than the Dior, and offered 2 pm checkout.

So perhaps you may have luck if you ask for a later checkout. Granted, it’s a small sample size. Both times I booked it was on points.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 9:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, United Silver
It is correct that SNAs can only be applied up to Grand Luxe. I've had Ambassador for the last 4 years, have stayed 5 times i think at various times (non-peak / peak), usually for a weekend or as long as 5 days. I have never had SNAs clear at this property and they are stingy with upgrades. They seem to play games with the upgrade inventory as well, because they told me they were oversold even though the app/website showed availability in multiple room types. Last time I was there they told me practically everyone is an Ambassador/Titanium and they just cannot fulfill the requests because of that, other times they just disregard status entirely. You can ask to pay to upgrade at check-in, but last time they offered me a Madison Suite / St. Regis Suite for thousands more per night, so I passed. I hope they improve their upgrade inventory / process... either way doesn't hurt to apply SNAs, if they don't go through, you'll get them back anyway.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:27 pm

I've stayed twice now (12/21 and 12/22) and used SNAs both times. Each time I got a Grand Luxe and was upgraded no further. I still consider the SNA worth it as the Grand Luxe beats most suites at the Westins/Sheratons/Marriotts I stay at the rest of the year.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:58 am

How much do people usually tip the house car driver for each ride?
Old Feb 14, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by alaskaforlife
How much do people usually tip the house car driver for each ride?
Minimum $10
$20 if the driver is especially nice or I'm going more avenues than streets (i.e. a longer ride)
Old Feb 15, 2023, 11:44 pm

Also (pardon my ignorance)
10 blocks would mean 45th or 65th street? What would that be for avenues?
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:08 pm

Is the house car currently a Bentley?
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by alaskaforlife
Also (pardon my ignorance)
10 blocks would mean 45th or 65th street? What would that be for avenues?
It's 10 blocks regardless of whether it's streets or avenues. So you could go 3 avenues over and 7 blocks down, etc. Don't try to make it any more logical or complicated than that

Originally Posted by masterdave1
Is the house car currently a Bentley?
Nope, nice S class. S580 IIRC, I think I posted in a review in this thread.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:59 pm

I booked for tomorrow using free night and got grand luxe using sna . I then chatted today just wondering which rooms do they upgrade titanium to if available and they said best comp is grand luxe saying that don't give suites just 2 category upgrade to grand luxe.
how is that not a flat out violation of marriott t and c?
Duke777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.