Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Concierge email address: [email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from March 2018 including description of Table 55 at the King Cole Bar:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408
Print Wikipost

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mdbe
i wouldn’t think so as I have a 5 night stay coming up on points and the confirmation shows the fee
Mine did too when I was there pre-Covid, but they told me at check-in that it was optional on my 7 night stay.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:19 am

Any feedback on the likelihood of SNA success here vs Essex House?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Any feedback on the likelihood of SNA success here vs Essex House?
I've had many SNA successes for both properties in the past especially during off-peak periods.
Just unfortunate about the suite selection now. There no more high floor Manhattan suites or even central park view base rooms in Essex. StR's only option the Grand Luxe is still pretty nice I guess, but nothing like a SNA into Astor and getting a further upgrade to 5th Ave and Madison suites...
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; AA Gold
We did get upgraded from a base room to a Fifth Avenue suite, applying an SNA for a one-night stay in late January. It showed in the app the morning of the stay; on arrival the check-in agent had to go away and check, then explained they would have to ask us to waive our guaranteed late check out if they kept us in that suite, which we readily agreed to.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by lewin85
I've had many SNA successes for both properties in the past especially during off-peak periods.
Just unfortunate about the suite selection now. There no more high floor Manhattan suites or even central park view base rooms in Essex. StR's only option the Grand Luxe is still pretty nice I guess, but nothing like a SNA into Astor and getting a further upgrade to 5th Ave and Madison suites...
Thanks for the data points. Sounds like the StR is the better of the two to apply an SNA towards.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by sspicer
We did get upgraded from a base room to a Fifth Avenue suite, applying an SNA for a one-night stay in late January. It showed in the app the morning of the stay; on arrival the check-in agent had to go away and check, then explained they would have to ask us to waive our guaranteed late check out if they kept us in that suite, which we readily agreed to.
What was the situation re. breakfast (F&B credit) for elite’s back in January?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mdbe
i wouldn’t think so as I have a 5 night stay coming up on points and the confirmation shows the fee
I have a 5-night stay coming up in April and the Destination Fee is not shown in the confirmation.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by controller1
I have a 5-night stay coming up in April and the Destination Fee is not shown in the confirmation.
I think you should still expect it.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; AA Gold
It was in the Astor Court restaurant, and I think the credit was for an entree, juice and coffee but my memory is hazy right now -- I think the front desk had mentioned that at check-in.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It was in the Astor Court restaurant, and I think the credit was for an entree, juice and coffee but my memory is hazy right now -- I think the front desk had mentioned that at check-in.
It's a dollar credit in the amount of the American Breakfast ($46). IME they'll give credit for two ($92) even if you're staying solo. It's one of the more generous Marriott breakfasts in the US. I felt the quality was mediocre, but that's often true of NYC hotel breakfasts.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pazza2000
What was the situation re. breakfast (F&B credit) for elite’s back in January?
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's a dollar credit in the amount of the American Breakfast ($46). IME they'll give credit for two ($92) even if you're staying solo. It's one of the more generous Marriott breakfasts in the US. I felt the quality was mediocre, but that's often true of NYC hotel breakfasts.
That was my experience last December too though I actually found the quality to be very good. Service was great too.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
That was my experience last December too though I actually found the quality to be very good. Service was great too.
Me too. First time, I went over the $92 (I think it was $120 or so) and they still took the whole thing off. We were able to get it through room service as well. This was February 2020.

Second time was October 2021. We did it through room service again. This time they simply took $92 off.

Both times, quality was great.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
In January, I was unable to get them to take the tip off at check-out - perhaps, it was already included? Since there wasn't a voucher, I didn't have any terms to go off of.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 11:55 am

Question about the destination fee:
I made a reservation for April 2022 (1 night) a while ago when there were no mention of destination fees on the hotel's website as well as the reservation confirmation email.
By reading the recent posts in this thread, it looks like the property started collecting the destination fee again at some point after I made my reservation.
In this case, would I have to pay the destination fee once I get there since the fee applies to all guests, or would I be exempt from paying it as the fee was not disclosed when I made my original reservation?
Thank you.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:38 pm

Are they still giving out Moma/Met tickets with the Destination fee?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.