Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Concierge email address: [email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from March 2018 including description of Table 55 at the King Cole Bar:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ular-stay-2408
Print Wikipost

St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]

Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tajee165
Am celebrating my anniversary in a weekend so sent hotel an email asking about a possible suite upgrade or maybe some flowers (self-paid, just wanted them to arrange it.)

Got this reply; “Thank you for your email. There is no upgrade available. Please check back with the Front Desk Manager at check in”

Jeez.
Are there actually standard suites available for sale during your stay?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by 9volt
Are there actually standard suites available for sale during your stay?
I'll be there August 1-2, and for sale on Marriott app is Fifth Avenue Suite, St. Regis Suite, Madison Suite, Deluxe Suite, and Astor Suite. Unfortunate that SNAs can only be applied to Grand Deluxe room.
svo242 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WasKnown
For public reference, I really get the feeling this hotel does not like points bookings these days, especially for one night. It is what it is. That's just my personal observation.
I did not have good experiences as a points guest. The second time I left and went to the Langham. The overall attitude was pretty disdainful.

That said, it can be a good deal if you keep expectations low in terms of room assignment.
EuropeanPete and WasKnown like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
I'll be there August 1-2, and for sale on Marriott app is Fifth Avenue Suite, St. Regis Suite, Madison Suite, Deluxe Suite, and Astor Suite. Unfortunate that SNAs can only be applied to Grand Deluxe room.
Is this new? I swear that in the past I've been able to put in a request for an Astor Suite. Never actually went through, but at least they let you ask...
Old Jul 21, 2021, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Is this new? I swear that in the past I've been able to put in a request for an Astor Suite. Never actually went through, but at least they let you ask...
It is definitely new. They previously allowed true suites via SNA.
Mr. BoH likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:28 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Yeah I think this hotel really hates points stay. Just IME. Our cash stay was upgraded to a Fifth Ave suite for free (you can upgrade cash stays up to grand suite on booking now) and it was a pretty long stay for a complimentary upgrade. When my friend visited NYC, she booked only 2 nights on points as a Platinum… they upgraded her to a grand deluxe and didn’t offer anything else. Kind of weird considering this property is managed by Marriott directly (though no longer owned, RIP).
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Also have had poor experiences staying here on points. I actually emailed two separate managers prior to our last stay to try to make arrangements for a special occasion, with no response. Ultimately, I called and was told to "visit our website to buy an amenity." I did that, and then it was like pulling teeth the day of arrival to arrange its delivery.

Staying here in the fall on a cash rate (although it's a AAA discount), so we'll see if that's any better.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by svo242
Also have had poor experiences staying here on points. I actually emailed two separate managers prior to our last stay to try to make arrangements for a special occasion, with no response. Ultimately, I called and was told to "visit our website to buy an amenity." I did that, and then it was like pulling teeth the day of arrival to arrange its delivery.

Staying here in the fall on a cash rate (although it's a AAA discount), so we'll see if that's any better.
Yeah, it is really disappointing to read this. My experience with the staff at this hotel has been amazing. I am sad it is inconsistent for others.

If you’re going to book a cash stay at this hotel, I highly recommend doing a preferred agent rate. They have stay 3 pay 2 promotions that also stack with other benefits (f&B credit) and a guaranteed multi-category room upgrade on booking (not check-in).

Who did you email at the hotel? The concierge we know there is a member of Les Clefs d’Or USA. If you have heard of the golden concierge key before, he is part of that society. My understanding is that they have very high standards.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 3:22 pm

Yeah, it is really disappointing to read this. My experience with the staff at this hotel has been amazing. I am sad it is inconsistent for others.

If you’re going to book a cash stay at this hotel, I highly recommend doing a preferred agent rate. They have stay 3 pay 2 promotions that also stack with other benefits (f&B credit) and a guaranteed multi-category room upgrade on booking (not check-in).

Who did you email at the hotel? The concierge we know there is a member of Les Clefs d’Or USA. If you have heard of the golden concierge key before, he is part of that society. My understanding is that they have very high standards.
Hmm, how would I go about booking a preferred agent rate?
Old Jul 27, 2021, 6:47 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Hmm, how would I go about booking a preferred agent rate?
Take a look at the STARS Luminous rate HERE on the Bonvoy Forum or visit the Luxury Hotels forum sticky at the top also here on FT to find out more
Old Aug 1, 2021, 9:33 pm

Update: ended up booking three nights (still on points).

Property was very nice, had a Grand Luxe room and moved me to Astor Suite after it opened up 1 day in. Staff are exceptionally kind and we did feel very looked after (before the issues noted below).

A few service mishaps; no bath drawn after I requested and confirmed, some cleaning problems in the bathtub that caused water to look super gross and brown (we noticed after we attempted to draw a bath ourselves). Was offered Cabernet and chocolates, eventually given 50k points.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 11:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador

Definitely tough when service isn't consistent. I believe I emailed a Director of Rooms contact I had from a previous stay and someone else, I can't quite remember. But I will email the concierge in the future - good thinking.

Yes, agent rate would be great, but I actually booked it several months ago when the rate was quite a bit lower and included parking, which is a significant savings. Thanks for the tip, though!
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 6:02 am

Update: ended up booking three nights (still on points).

Property was very nice, had a Grand Luxe room and moved me to Astor Suite after it opened up 1 day in. Staff are exceptionally kind and we did feel very looked after (before the issues noted below).

A few service mishaps; no bath drawn after I requested and confirmed, some cleaning problems in the bathtub that caused water to look super gross and brown (we noticed after we attempted to draw a bath ourselves). Was offered Cabernet and chocolates, eventually given 50k points.
Cash or points booking?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:18 am

Cash or points booking?
Points; 240k for 3 nights. Perhaps confirming previous points booking experienced you guys mentioned above.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:26 pm

Points; 240k for 3 nights. Perhaps confirming previous points booking experienced you guys mentioned above.
An update; Asked for GM's email before I checked out and was given Director of Rooms email (still no response). Was given 50k + 50k (100k total) from front desk - more than generous. I'll be keeping the picture off TripAdvisor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.