Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
When you book a points + cash upgrade are you charged the cash portion at the time of booking or the start of the stay?
Your credit card will be charged for the deposit mentioned in the reservation terms at the time of booking. For my five night reservation the deposit was two nights refundable if the reservation is cancelled 30 days prior to arrival.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: NH Platinum; UA Silver; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
PSA: I have just canceled 3 award nights in a Reefside GV, June 5 - 8. The award availability instantly went back into inventory, and is available for booking as of time of writing if any of you can make use of it.

https://i.imgur.com/Is2g8m2.png

(Decided to spend the latter half of our Bora Bora stay at the Conrad instead, just to see what it's like, and to make best use of our free weekend reward cert)
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Looking for a stay next February for my honeymoon. No Reefside Villa points availability. Properly seeing 240k points per stay for 5 nights with various cash upgrades.
  • 170k XPF for Overwater Superior
  • 220k XPF for Overwater Deluxe (Island View, Lagoon access)
  • 370k XPF for Overwater Deluxe Otemanu (Mt. Otemanu view)
For those who know, are those reasonable upgrade prices? As a Platinum, if I book Deluxe, is there a reasonable chance I get Otemanu upgrade? I've read February is part of the low season, but don't know if that necessarily applies at a property like this.

Paid rate for the Overwater Deluxe is 751k XPF with taxes.

Appreciate any insight y'all have.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:18 pm

Does anyone know the water depth of the overwater bungalows? Any shallow one that you can stand and touch the floor? I booked with points on the classic room and paid to upgrade to a superior overwater bungalow. When I check my reservation this morning, I noticed I got upgraded to a deluxe overwater bungalow, excited but concerned on the water depth.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by MissVacation
Does anyone know the water depth of the overwater bungalows? Any shallow one that you can stand and touch the floor? I booked with points on the classic room and paid to upgrade to a superior overwater bungalow. When I check my reservation this morning, I noticed I got upgraded to a deluxe overwater bungalow, excited but concerned on the water depth.
Touch what floor? You mean stand on the bottom of the "lagoon" and reach up to touch the underside of the bungalow? They're high up off the water level for a reason.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Rifleman69
Touch what floor? You mean stand on the bottom of the "lagoon" and reach up to touch the underside of the bungalow? They're high up off the water level for a reason.
She means the sea floor... Can you touch the bottom and have your head out of the water

Last edited by jdj84; Feb 23, 2019 at 6:58 am
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by jdj84
He means the sea floor... Can you touch the bottom and have your head out of the water
Yes, exactly. When we stayed at the IHG Thalasso, the water was up to my shoulder from our overwater bungalow so it was perfect as we are not strong swimmers.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by gobears293
Looking for a stay next February for my honeymoon. No Reefside Villa points availability. Properly seeing 240k points per stay for 5 nights with various cash upgrades.
For those who know, are those reasonable upgrade prices? As a Platinum, if I book Deluxe, is there a reasonable chance I get Otemanu upgrade? I've read February is part of the low season, but don't know if that necessarily applies at a property like this.

I booked the base villa with points for an upcoming stay, paid for non-refundable upgrade to Overwater Superior (lowest OW). 3 months in advance, our villa showed Overwater Deluxe Otemanu. Will be our 2nd stay in 6 months, so maybe that helped.
gobears293 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by MissVacation
I do not think you will be able to stand in the water. The water outside our deluxe overwater was probably 15 feet deep, and the water in front of the villas at the very end was probably 20-25 feet deep. If there was an overwater bungalow with water that shallow around it, i didn't see it.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
I do not think you will be able to stand in the water. The water outside our deluxe overwater was probably 15 feet deep, and the water in front of the villas at the very end was probably 20-25 feet deep. If there was an overwater bungalow with water that shallow around it, i didn't see it.
thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gobears293

As a Titanium I booked two nights revenue in a Reefside Villa last June for a stay next weekend for 77,900 XPF per night + taxes. By year end I was upgraded to a Overwater Deluxe Island view, lagoon access. I am a little torn because the Reefside Villa is 1200 sq/ft larger and has a private pool and outdoor shower.

You may get an upgrade booking this far in advance but if you would like to secure an overwater now, are you comfortable with ~$2,200 additional fees?

James on the Oceania Marina in Fakarava.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by jdj84

She means the sea floor... Can you touch the bottom and have your head out of the water
Nope, you may be out of luck there.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
As a Titanium I booked two nights revenue in a Reefside Villa last June for a stay next weekend for 77,900 XPF per night + taxes. By year end I was upgraded to a Overwater Deluxe Island view, lagoon access. I am a little torn because the Reefside Villa is 1200 sq/ft larger and has a private pool and outdoor shower.
You should not be torn, unless you have a bunch of people to pack into the villa. The ocean outside the reefside villa is not a place to swim, unless you're a real thrill-seeker. Main reason to fly to Bora Bora over other warm weather destinations is the lagoon.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ps9a
I booked the base villa with points for an upcoming stay, paid for non-refundable upgrade to Overwater Superior (lowest OW). 3 months in advance, our villa showed Overwater Deluxe Otemanu. Will be our 2nd stay in 6 months, so maybe that helped.
Have checked many reviews, but am curious about your input. For a 5 night stay, considering you're mostly isolated to the property and the nearby town, did you find it get boring at any point?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by xkr0p
Have checked many reviews, but am curious about your input. For a 5 night stay, considering you're mostly isolated to the property and the nearby town, did you find it get boring at any point?
I'm happy chilling on the beach, swimming, kayaking, snorkeling, diving, etc... I also have 2 young kids who are delighted with beach time. If you're less of a beach/water person, and/or looking for a more cultural trip, Bora Bora probably isn't the best call. There's not a lot to do on the main island, and I would doubt many people travel there more than once/visit. It does have the nickname "boring boring."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.