Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by tessy143
I was able to book a reefvilla (for different date) and upgrade for $275 to a beachvilla and move reservation to date of choice (3 days later) in order to get a full 5 nights together
I had reef villas and upgraded to superior over-water for $400 a night. Did you inquire about the upgrade to superior overwater?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:42 pm

Getting to StR Bora - is there an option to go to Vaitape and take their boat to the resort for a cheaper rate instead of directly from the airport?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Occupancy

We visited a few years back with two small kids. Booked again this year and we were informed the overwater deluxe and superior villas all now have a maximum occupancy of 3. Seems like a cash grab. The villas are huge. We worked it out but a family wants to join us with 2 nine year old boys and booked a cash room and they were told no go. Only three humans in a villa.

Beware.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Update

From ambasador. On families with two kids.

It looks like the only thing they have that will hold a family of 4 is the:

Reefside Royal Garden, 2 Bedroom Villa, 2 King, Bathrooms: 2, Oceanside, Garden level

That will actually hold six people. That runs 307,360(XPF) per night plus taxes and fees.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by JBauer

Reefside Royal Garden, 2 Bedroom Villa, 2 King, Bathrooms: 2, Oceanside, Garden level

That will actually hold six people. That runs 307,360(XPF) per night plus taxes and fees.
The base villa sleeps 4 without surcharge-- I'm throwing a handful of sisters and kids in there when we go back in a few months. All other 1br villas only sleep 3 (without surcharge) I believe.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...a-resort/oftm/
JBauer likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Looking to take advantage of the 5 night packages before the cat changes in March so I just booked the property in an overwater villa. Is it typical for there to be a 275,000xpf (2,530.50 USD) charge in addition to the 240,000 points? I am assuming this is because there is no more regular rate type rooms left for when we were booking and only the upcharge to the overwater villas correct?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by JBauer

The 2 Bedroom Royal Overwater Villa's also sleep 6.
JBauer likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by xkr0p
Looking to take advantage of the 5 night packages before the cat changes in March so I just booked the property in an overwater villa. Is it typical for there to be a 275,000xpf (2,530.50 USD) charge in addition to the 240,000 points? I am assuming this is because there is no more regular rate type rooms left for when we were booking and only the upcharge to the overwater villas correct?
That’s a lot better than i’ve seen previously. It’s usually 110,000xpf per night plus points..
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: United 1K; AA EXP; Delta Plat Medallion; Starwood Plat
Anyone have experience with last minute cancellation?

Anyone have any experience with whether this resort is accommodating with waiving the cancellation charges or allowing to rebook due to emergencies? My partner and I are to be at the St.Regis BB for one night next week but his mother is very ill and he can't go.
Would like to rebook or cancel but heard the cancel fees done within 30 days of stay can be very high. Have a 1 night stay next week in OW bungalow. Have reached out to the property but no response.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by xkr0p
Yes, if there are no Reefside Villas available all the other options will be a Point + Cash redemption. I booked a Reefside Villa for 2 nights long before the August 18th merge for a cash rate of 77,900xpf/night in the first week of March. I was considering checking the possibilty of using points but I have been upgraded to a Deluxe Overwater Bungalow, Island view so chose to leave it. I have had some pretty awesome upgrades prior to the stays as a PPE since the merge but mostly outside the United States where a little coaxing was needed to get an upgrade into a suite still available for reservation at the time of check-in.

James
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Question

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Yes, if there are no Reefside Villas available all the other options will be a Point + Cash redemption. I booked a Reefside Villa for 2 nights long before the August 18th merge for a cash rate of 77,900xpf/night in the first week of March. I was considering checking the possibilty of using points but I have been upgraded to a Deluxe Overwater Bungalow, Island view so chose to leave it. I have had some pretty awesome upgrades prior to the stays as a PPE since the merge but mostly outside the United States where a little coaxing was needed to get an upgrade into a suite still available for reservation at the time of check-in.

James
As a Platinum Premier, theoretically I could get upgraded to a better overwater villa? We currently have booked the 'Overwater Superior, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Lagoon view, Lagoon access'. I am not sure what the exact wording is, but I think if there is availability for the length of your stay they are supposed to no or does it not apply as i am already in a suite?

Also asides from breakfast, is there any other Platinum/Platinum premier benefits offered at this property?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I know it isn't Bora Bora, but if you want a deal check out the Marriott properties in Samoa. It is still Polynesia, but much, much cheaper. Plus, if you're up for it you can island-hop to American Samoa, which is 24 hours behind the independent country of Samoa. Samoa is more authentic Polynesia than anywhere else
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I just snapped up a night in a Reefside Villa for 60,000 points and no surcharge - I thought they'd been removed from the system entirely. It's following 2 nights in a Superior Overwater Bungalow at $550 plus 60K and so gets my average spend per night down to an almost reasonable level for my trip (ignoring food for a moment). Pretty happy with this. It will be just a few days after getting back from Pitcairn Island, so the luxury will be welcome.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I just snapped up a night in a Reefside Villa for 60,000 points and no surcharge - I thought they'd been removed from the system entirely.........
IMHO, inventory was booked up by people making speculative PA bookings. Those will be released slowly as PA bookings are cancelled.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:21 pm

When you book a points + cash upgrade are you charged the cash portion at the time of booking or the start of the stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.