Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
At first glance this doesn't seem to be massively helpful?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by tylerc
Does anyone know how many of the rooms are categorized as the reef side villa? From google earth it looks like there are a number of villas on the reef side, but given how scarce booking is even on release day, I am wondering how many are actually classified as reef side?
I believe there are 5 reefside villas, but I don't think that means that they release all 5 for standard award redemption. I'd guess only 1 or two.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
I believe there are 5 reefside villas, but I don't think that means that they release all 5 for standard award redemption. I'd guess only 1 or two.
If base rooms are available, they are available on points. If they're not releasing them for points bookings, they're not releasing them at all.

Given the availability, I would believe that they are not releasing them all though...but they aren't releasing them for cash booking either.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
I used the new Amex SPG Luxury credit card for a pre-paid hotel reservation. It did not get categorized as 6x points, nor did I receive the credit (charge was greater than $300). When I called Amex to enquire, I was told this is not a participating property for 6x points (?). I have asked for further review and Amex said they will get back to me.

Anybody else has faced the same issue?
I've used my AMEX SPG Luxury card to make reservation there and received 6 x points.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Marriott opens its booking calendar 350 days in advance.
Thank you, any tips on time of the release? I somehow got lucky the next day after posting the question and was able to snag 4 nights in November, but have two gaps. It’s wierd that just for those two days in between the nights I booked there were no reefside villas available, unless someone is just holding those nights. But looking at further 350 days out, still can’t figure out what time the release them for awards, must be during my nightime.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by drewdawg199
In the brochure that hotel emailed me it indeed says 5 reefside villas. I think they only release one 350 days out. And whatever is not sold they release last minute seems like.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:32 am

Debating whether to go here in early January 2019 - any experiences with weather in Bora? I keep hearing rain rain and rain in Januaries...
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:06 am

One night 6/22/19 - 6/23/19 is released!
6/18-6/19 is supposed to as well not sure why it's not showing.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Debating whether to go here in early January 2019 - any experiences with weather in Bora? I keep hearing rain rain and rain in Januaries...
18 - 23 by chance?? I released those nights recently...
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by I LOVE EWR
Thank you!

Is there a charge for reserving the daybeds/chairs by the beach there?
we left there a week ago, and there was no charge for the cabanas at the adult pool. They were first come, first serve. They have phones to call for room/drink service etc. I would say there is probably no charge for anything on the beach either. We were in the Two Bedroom Royal overwater bungalow though, so didn’t leave our room much.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Our air con worked great in the Royal OWV, too. So did our friend’s air con in a regular OWV.
ours worked too well some days in the ROWV! We’d have it set for 21/22, and the room would be 19! There was one afternoon it didn’t seem to be able to keep up and the living room area got hot, but the bedrooms stayed chilly at all times.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:10 pm

can people still book the overwater bungalow for an addtl amt of points?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:30 am

Looking for end of March 2019 days - specifically March 25 - April 1 - if anyone has an not planning to use!
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
can people still book the overwater bungalow for an addtl amt of points?
I believe so. You'll have to call to inquire about your specific dates. Overwater bungalow costs about 3x as many points as standard redemption.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got an interesting dilemma. Due to recent system migration, my point booking has been changed to cash booking at less than half of regular rate. I suspect it is the reimbursement rate from Marriott for point bookings. I don't mind paying this new cash rate if Marriott can refund my points deducted. It should make no difference to property as they will be paid the same amount. Reservation currently shows cash rate with no point deduction yet point had been deducted prior.

Shall I contact property, Ambassador or Platinum line to change this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.