Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:06 pm

Does anyone know if the hotel charges boat transfer for children? I've emailed the hotel over a week ago but they have not responded.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Booked

booked 5 nights for 240k after much confusion with ambassadors. It wasn’t pretty. But ended up in 2 overwater bungalows. stayed here a few years back and its amazing with kids.

Platinum breakfast was included back then. I hope it still is now?

i believe we paid half price boat for kids.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by JBauer
booked 5 nights for 240k after much confusion with ambassadors. It wasn’t pretty. But ended up in 2 overwater bungalows. stayed here a few years back and its amazing with kids.

Platinum breakfast was included back then. I hope it still is now?

Any help with how to do this? We've been told no, no and definitely NO. We'd love to use points for an OW bungalow, but we've never been able to succeed since the change. Thanks if you have any helpful insight.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Help

What I was able to do is grab a screenshot of it showing rooms available for 60,000 on the mobile app. Then it took weeks of emails. I honestly still think they do not know what the rules are
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MissVacation
It depends on what is "value" to you. To me, I rather fly 2x in economy than 1x in business as I don't earn those points/miles easily. In this case, I rather spend 2 nights sleeping in the beautiful St. Regis Bora Bora than a 15 hours flight in business
I understand everyone values their miles/points differently. Personally, I will pay ~$1,500 for a 2 night stay and save the 120,000 MR Points. Converted to 50,000 AS miles, I can travel from Canada to SE Asia in business saving $4,996.53. That is more valuable for me.

I am spending 2 nights sleeping in the beautiful St. Regis Bora Bora after an 8-day Tahitian Cruise. CX F&J awards will get us from Canada to Australia. We are doing a Mileage Run from Sydney 4 Y hops across the Pacific SYD-AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL, then 5 J segments to Japan SCL-MAD-LHR-SEZ-DXB-NRT with stops along the way. JL F awards will get us home. It isn't a matter of doing one or the other.

I enjoy flying and would be happy flying everyday while 2 days laying on a beach in an isolated location is more than enough for me. I probably value the FF miles differently than most. I know that I can extract a lot more than 1.5 CPM value in FF form and my 2-night paid stay will generate enough points for a free night stay in a NC4. Great for those overnight stays between flights.

Consider also that the room rate for a 2-night stay will be less than 1/2 the total cost of going there. Food and beverages for a 5-night stay is going to cost how much? $2K+, about what I paid for my 9 segment Mileage Run of which 5 are in business.

We are not adverse to flying economy; however, AS FF miles are very easy to accumulate so we choose F or J flights. We could fly twice as often in PE, even more in Y, but I like to earn and burn to avoid devaluation. I will have flown about 140,000 miles this year, 67,000 in August and September alone gaining 140.3K miles in my Mileage Plan account.

I will check out your link.

Thanks

James.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Oct 18, 2018 at 3:14 pm
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:59 pm

Unhappy

Thanks for the info! (The hotel still hasn't gotten back to me )
Hmm, I didn't think it was possible to book overwater bungalows at 60k points/night. I was told multiple times by different agents that 60K is only for the standard room (reefside villa). There are very few of them so it's difficult to find one that is available for all 5 nights. The system would only allow you to book if the same room type is available for all 5 nights. Anything other than the reefside villa requires additional upgrade points, which bumps the next-level-up roomtype (beachside villa) to 134K points/night. I believe the agent quoted me somewhere around 190K points/night? for the overwater bungalow.

I also sent their social media assistant a screenshot of the mobile app showing the hotel bookable at 60K point, but they were no help at all and provided false info. I was told that it was 85K points a night and there were issues booking Cat. 7 hotels. I also was advised to make a cash reservation and convert it to points later if/when it's available to book with points.

I now have THREE reservations for my 5-night stay: 1 for reefside villa at 60K/night, and 2 for the beachside villa for 134K points/night. It's been weeks and nothing other than overwater bungalows is available, and only available for cash rate online. I give up.
HollyGlen and IAlwaysCall like this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1K3M, Marriott(SPG) Lifetime Plat
Any Plats (now Plat Elite post-merger) who have been to the hotel recently? I'd like to understand what you would get as a Plat at the resort, when booking directly with SPG/Marriott.

We're going in November and booked two rooms. I am not hoping for an upgrade for both rooms (we'd rather have rooms next to each other than have one upgraded), as we're staying only a single night. That said, I believe we get breakfast, water in the rooms, and anything else? I don't think we'll have access to markets to buy water and snacks...

Lastly, we even thought about bringing pool floats... any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, KLM Silver
Availability at 60k points per night

There is open availability for next week on points at the rate of 60k/night for a reefside villa

the following nights are available via the Marriott app:

oct 22
oct 23
oct 25
oct 26
nov 1
nov 4
nov 10
atojbk and XFer2 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:11 pm

But can only book by calling in? Can't book online or in app?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
But can only book by calling in? Can't book online or in app?
Pretty sure you can book by app, but that is your main concern? Not the fact that you would need last minute airfare to get all the way there just to snag one or two free nights at this resort?
DPoulnot and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:33 am

Bring a pool float (i used https://www.swimways.com/spring-floa...roduct/6038971 which packs well and is structured) and if you have a lightweight rope, you can strap yourself to your dock and float in peace on the ocean. Do it every year (with interruption when the winds don't cooperate and blow you under your villa). Not for the pool though. That is not cool.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Does anyone know if drones are allowed at the hotel? I've seen videos but haven't heard much about it. I know about not flying near helicopters, etc and all the other rules (500 ft, LoS, etc.)
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:52 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
Does anyone know if drones are allowed at the hotel? I've seen videos but haven't heard much about it. I know about not flying near helicopters, etc and all the other rules (500 ft, LoS, etc.)
I am not sure about St.Regis Bora Bora, but earlier this month at St.Regis Maldives drones were not allowed.
IAlwaysCall likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
i believe drone is technically not allowed.

this is a letter a guest at IC Thalasso received
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29785737-post3343.html
IAlwaysCall likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:25 am

I have a 6-night stay (7/28 - 8/3) that I am planning on cancelling. Not too sure whether these nights will go back into the inventory, but would like to provide someone an opportunity to book them. Please let me know if anyone is interested in timing this release.
bhrubin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.