Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Hi all,

Has anyone done the In The Wind 62' catamaran excursion?

They offer half and full day tours as well as sunset tours, and I am considering treating my hubby to this on our wedding anniversary. Any experiences that can be shared will be appreciated. I am leaning towards the 7 hr day excursion (9 am - 4 pm) to enjoy it more for the price, but the 4 hr sunset excursion (4:30 - 9 pm) is intriguing since he loves sunsets. They cost the same.

Any thoughts? Is the Bora Bora sunset from the catamaran so much more special than from the StR OW superior bungalow we'd already be enjoying?

Thanks!
Never tried that one but we did do the vitamin sea catamaran. enjoyed the four hour sail. may get bored after 4-5 hours. many do afternoon to sunset tours. (We did ours during the day so can't speak to experience at sunset.).

What i can say is that the sunset is very nice from the St. Regis. At the end, however, it gets a little clipped by the mountains. If you go as close as the four seasons (which is right next to the st. regis) you can see the sunset over the water, which is an equally cool view but different from what you can see from St. Regis. Point is, it will be different from your room view and you don't need to go too far from hotel by boat to get a different view.

One cool thing i saw at four seasons that was not at st. regis is this little sand island that has a great sunset view. four seasons I think does custom dinners out there. sure it is ridiculously expensive and you would have to pay for the boat to four seasons which is expensive.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 11:19 pm

PLT benefits

Can anyone advise if there is a club or free drinks for PLT members?

I have booked a general OWB as PLT do they usually upgrade to OVB with view of Mt?

Any other benefits besides breakfast?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 7:48 am

No club or other benefits besides the breakfast. I have been twice and been upgraded both times (Deluxe --> premier) but I think it is very much a matter of what is available at any given time as everything is a suite, your are already in a standard suite.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:01 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Woodsmit
No club or other benefits besides the breakfast. I have been twice and been upgraded both times (Deluxe --> premier) but I think it is very much a matter of what is available at any given time as everything is a suite, your are already in a standard suite.
That is what I've heard, too--and what I expect. My guess is that my Plat 100+ status--and my Ambassador--will also be helpful in putting my upgrade priority to the front of the line for our upcoming April 2016 stay.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:18 am

Can anyone provide their experience with the Butler, what they offer and help with and expectation for tips?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Can anyone provide their experience with the Butler, what they offer and help with and expectation for tips?
You mean at this property or generally? If generally, there's a thread on that topic, IIRC.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
You mean at this property or generally? If generally, there's a thread on that topic, IIRC.
At this property
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Breakfast

How does Plat breakfast work here? Traveling with wife and 2 young kids (7 and 5). I imagine they only have to extend the offer of free breakfast to two people in a room? Anyone experienced otherwise? And is it full or do you have to pay for full breakfast?

Thanks.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:04 pm

I am booked at the STR this summer - the first few nights we are on an oceanfront villa- but I can't seem to find the difference b/t "oceanfront" and "pool/beachside". Except that oceanfront is 2700 sq ft! We really don't need all that room for just 2 of us. We booked the oceanfront bc it was all they had- but if something comes up I'd want to change it- does anyone have pics of the differences- I have searched all the pics on their site, tripadvisor, and even emailed the hotel but they just repeated the description on the website. Thanks anyone who can help.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by Rudiger
I am booked at the STR this summer - the first few nights we are on an oceanfront villa- but I can't seem to find the difference b/t "oceanfront" and "pool/beachside". Except that oceanfront is 2700 sq ft! We really don't need all that room for just 2 of us. We booked the oceanfront bc it was all they had- but if something comes up I'd want to change it- does anyone have pics of the differences- I have searched all the pics on their site, tripadvisor, and even emailed the hotel but they just repeated the description on the website. Thanks anyone who can help.
Hi Rudiger.
Besides the size which you mentioned, the biggest difference is that the Oceanfront rooms, the pools attached to them face the ocean instead of the lagoon. In other words, they face southeast. If you look on google maps or a map of the property they'll be the rooms on the far left. The Beachside Pool rooms face the main island of Bora Bora and the lagoon. Also be aware the sq footage is the entire room complex and not just what is under the roof.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by tenmoc; Jan 18, 2016 at 3:55 pm
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:59 pm

Any comments on the butler service for this property, is it worth it and are you expected to tip?

I also have notice a club lounge on the map, if the property does not have a club lounge then can someone advise what this is?

Has anyone used the "Delights Delivered" feature at the hotel? My wife will be celebrating her 40th and wanted to get cake and flowers. At any other hotel I would try and use my PLT card to get the hotel to provide this for free but I'm guessing at this hotel I need to expect to par for this and "Delights Delivered" seems to be the place to request it.

I was able to snag a rate of XPF 68K/night for 4 nights in late march for Superior overwater villa. I'm hoping to get upgraded to Deluxe so I can at least get a good view. Is 68K/night a decent rate for Superior OWV.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Any comments on the butler service for this property, is it worth it and are you expected to tip?
I don't think you are *expected* to tip but when I stayed there a few months ago I did tip. I'm sure the service would be fine if you didn't tip but it can only be better if you do... I found it worth it.

When they bring you coffee, etc. I would tip the equivalent of ~$5 (USD) - I think about 500 XPF. If the concierge or butler makes you reservations at La Villa Mahana tip them the equivalent of USD $20.

Also, if you are Starwood Plat, make sure your reservation reflects this (e.g., if you booked via Virtuoso, etc. let them know before you get there). The GM (Richard) is a great guy and he was very, very nice to us with a few nice, complimentary items. YMMV.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:12 am

BTW - on the oceanfront vs. lagoon rooms. The ocean view is quite nice but you can't swim in it, too rough / rocky. It is also a little isolated feeling and close to the helipad. Not superfrequently used, but FYI.

The lagoon rooms, as a result, are more functional as you are very close to the area where you can actually swim. Marginally closer to other resort amenities as well.

As for room size, all the rooms on property are quite large as far as rooms go.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Kids

Anyone have recent experience with kids club? We are going with two families in March?

Also curious about platinum breakfast question? I know they don't have to, but wondering if they will extend it to 4 people in a room. Two adults and two kids ages 7 and 5.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Is it easy to swim in the water near the Superior Bungalows? Is the water clear enough to do so and is there a large current to worry about? Thank in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.