Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I booked points with cash upgrade award last month for a stay in October and my credit card was charged immediatley.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Searched the thread but found nothing relevant. I have booked 4 nights here in October Redemption with Cash Upgrade of 231,600 XPF about week ago and today I received email saying that they were not able to charge my card and offering secure link to charge my card otherwise it will be cancelled in 48 hrs.
There was no mention of prepayment needed during booking, or the usual additional "tick box" for acknowledgement (on Marriott web) has when property charges your card ahead. Cancellation window for now charge is 30 days prior to arrival.

This is only second time I was asked for something like this in many years with Marriott (previously it was some property in South Africa in 2016).

Any opinion on this?

Also strangely the online confirmation now shows total of 23,001,600 XPF for the compared to 231,600 XPF in confirmation email.
Pre charging is SOP. Takes 90 days to refund but they do refund.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Pre charging is SOP. Takes 90 days to refund but they do refund.
I am aware and have done this many times with various hotels (like Cosmo Vegas or Dolphin Orlando ), but it always requires explicit agreement during the booking process and the charge posts automatically. Well I am waiting for them to write back.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by holocker
Are Titaniums entitled to free breakfast?
As of late 2020 they were providing breakfast to Titanium and Ambassador Guests however that PDF above seemed a bit suspect.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by holocker
Are Titaniums entitled to free breakfast?
As of late 2020 they were providing breakfast to Titanium and Ambassador Guests however that PDF above seemed a bit suspect.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Fresh from the hotel:
I also take this opportunity to let you know that as our loyal Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite member you can choose one welcome amenity between the 3 amenities below:
_ complimentary “ŕ la carte” breakfast at Te Pahu restaurant only for up to 2 people during your stay
_ 1000 points
_ one local gift

Additionally, you are eligible to an upgrade and late check-out based on availability at time of check-in.

In regards to meal packages, you will find below the different meal plans rates available at the Resort :
_ 2 Course Lunch at 6 725xpf
_ 3 Course Dinner at 13 000xpf

Meal plans have to be booked for the entire stay. Any missed meals are “lost” and are non-refundable, non-transferrable and non-exchangeable.

Please note that taxes are already included and the rates are per person per day. These meal options do not include room service and any beverages. A supplement might apply on certain dishes and is mentioned on the menu.

Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
What is the difference between the Overwater superior villa and the overwater deluxe villa? Noticed for my November visit the cash and points rate for 5 nights went from 288,500 xpf + 370,000 points to 300,000 XPF + 340,000 points. This was for the overwater superior villa. The Deluxe is an extra 50,000 xpf.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:10 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
I have a straight points reservation (340k for 5n) for late June 2022 that I will be cancelling soon. If any members (especially those with lots of posts) would like these nights, please DM me, and I will coordinate the cancellation with you. In my experience, this availability will become immediately bookable...
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:14 am

no breakfast for Platinum ?

I am just a Platinum Elite, do we get the breakfast?

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by liw5215
I am just a Platinum Elite, do we get the breakfast?
The resort emailed this to me last month regarding our reservation in June

As you are our Platinium Bonvoy Elite member, you are able to have a free upgrade to the category above which is Overwater Villa Superior Lagoon view. As well, you may have welcome gift at the resort, or the breakfast at Te Pahu restaurant or 1000 points or local gift which is 2 flute of Champagne for souvenir”

TD
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:33 am

TD,

Thank you for the info. I have a reservation at the end of May, but I haven't received any emails from them yet. I also hold the reservation at Conrad Bora Bora (I am a Hilton Diamon member). still debating which place to stay.

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
The resort emailed this to me last month regarding our reservation in June

As you are our Platinium Bonvoy Elite member, you are able to have a free upgrade to the category above which is Overwater Villa Superior Lagoon view. As well, you may have welcome gift at the resort, or the breakfast at Te Pahu restaurant or 1000 points or local gift which is 2 flute of Champagne for souvenir”

TD
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215
TD,

Thank you for the info. I have a reservation at the end of May, but I haven't received any emails from them yet. I also hold the reservation at Conrad Bora Bora (I am a Hilton Diamon member). still debating which place to stay.
We stayed at the Conrad last time. Really liked it. We were going to stay there this year too if they finished the 2-bedroom suites. But those are still on hold. The SrR has much larger rooms than the Conrad and want the extra space so our 13 year old is not sleeping next to us. We upgraded to the Royal at the Conrad last time and that worked out great. But they have raised the upgrade rate beyond what we want to pay.

With the “standard” points night rate room at the Conrad vs. StR, StR wins out hands down. We will also be staying at Thalasso in a OWB as a “standard” rate points room. Which also wins out over the Conrad in our view.

TD
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by msp3
This has got the be the stupidest idea... Nasty fertilizer, chemicals, toxins, running off into the lagoon, wasting water watering grass, do they *want* to kill the goose that lays their golden egg (the breathtaking environment especially the water) that people expend great time and effort to come from all over the world to enjoy? Think of what would happen to the lagoon and the adorable big Napoleon wrasse swimming around in middle
Reassuring news, but, unfortunately, they are over a year old.

https://www.tahiti-infos.com/Le-St-R...t_a197718.html

Google translation

The St Regis (still) deprived of expansion

Tahiti, January 21, 2021 – Dismissed by the administrative court at the end of 2019, the Four Seasons of Bora Bora has just won the return match against its competitor and neighbor the St Regis. The Paris Administrative Court of Appeal finally canceled the decree authorizing the second hotel to extend over the public maritime domain in Faanui to build 25 new overwater bungalows on the lagoon.

A new twist in the showdown that has pitted the Four Seasons hotel in Bora Bora against its competitor and neighbor the St Regis for almost six years. At the heart of the dispute, the project of the operating company of the St Regis to build an extension of the hotel establishment with a pontoon of 25 overwater bungalows on the lagoon, on an area adjoining the Four Seasons in Faanui. In December 2014, a first decree authorizing the hotel to occupy the public maritime domain in an area of ​​more than 20,000 m 2 had already been canceled, after an appeal by the operating company of the Four Seasons. A year later, however, the operator of the St Regis again obtained a second order from the country to occupy the public domain.

Same cause, same effects. The operator of the Four Seasons again seized the administrative justice by raising a land problem likely to cancel the authorization issued by the Country. Indeed, the public domain claimed by the St Regis is located in the right of an undivided land that was disputed at the time by the two hotel establishments. At the end of 2019, after having given the land court time to sort out part of the dispute, the Papeete administrative court had nevertheless rejected the request of the Four Seasons, considering that the St Regis presented guarantees of "apparent owner" of the famous lands in joint possession. .

Reversal on appeal

Seized by the operator of the Four Seasons, the Paris Administrative Court of Appeal has however changed the situation in a decision rendered last Tuesday. Recalling the mandatory conditions of a procedure of investigation and admissibility for any request for occupation of dependence of the public domain, the court noted that the St Regis had to justify "real rights" on the land adjoining the maritime public domain concerned . However, since the operating company was not in a position to present a title deed or lease attesting to its rights, French Polynesia could not grant it the authorization requested. Another problem, the operator of the St Regis had not specified in its request the "duration requested for the. Another mandatory condition to obtain the sesame of the Country.

The Paris Administrative Court of Appeal therefore finally canceled once again the decree authorizing the occupation of the maritime public domain by the St Regis.

Written by Antoine Samoyeau on Thursday January 21, 2021 at 3:37 p.m. | Read 3019 times
msp3 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Reason why the St Regis was sold

https://www.radio1.pf/le-groupe-chin...e-en-faillite/

Google translation

THE CHINESE GROUP HNA, OWNER OF THE SAN REGIS AND THE HILTON OF MOOREA, PLACED IN BANKRUPTCY

HNA's headquarters in Hainan. ©DRThe Chinese group HNA, built around Hainan Airlines, announced yesterday that it was placed in bankruptcy proceedings, at the request of a creditor. HNA bought the St Regis hotels in Bora Bora and the Hilton hotels in Moorea from Louis Wane in 2016.

Founded in 2000, the HNA group has grown rapidly through all-out acquisitions to the point of becoming a gigantic diversified conglomerate, present not only in air travel but also in tourism and logistics. In addition to its flagship Hainan Airlines, itself created in 1993 and very popular in China, the group has stakes in Hong Kong Airlines, China West Airlines, Lucky Air, Tianjin Airlines and Hong Kong Express. In France, he once held 48% of the capital of the late Aigle Azur.

In the hotel business, he owns the Carlson chain and holds 25% of the Hilton chain. In 2016, in a $48 billion orgy of acquisitions, the group had, among other things, bought the St Regis in Bora Bora and the Hilton in Moorea from Louis Wane. At the end of 2017, the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg already wrote that the two hotels were for sale, shortly after the Chinese government asked the most indebted large groups to clean up their situation. A first restructuring took place in 2018 following the accidental death of the group's president, Jian Wang.

Hit by the health crisis and today riddled with debt, HNA indicated yesterday in a press release that one of its creditors had requested its placement in bankruptcy and a restructuring, the group not being able to repay its debts, mainly loans contracted by the past to make its many acquisitions. Three days ago, airline founder Chen Feng disappeared from the membership list of the HNA Group's inner Communist Party committee, the conglomerate's top decision-making body, according to the South China Morning Post. To replenish its cash, the group will carry out disposals and withdraw from most of its assets, to keep only the airline Hainan Airlines.
msp3 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by UASPG
THE CHINESE GROUP HNA, OWNER OF THE SAN REGIS AND THE HILTON OF MOOREA, PLACED IN BANKRUPTCY
It really makes you think, what would have happened if they had bought all of Starwood? On a side note, was there any benefit to staying at both properties when they share the same owner? I have such a trip coming up...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.