Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 7:33 pm

We'd planned for a year to stay at the Conrad Bora Bora, but we were due to arrive the last week of April, so had to scrap those plans and start over.

We were able to move our flights to July, however, the Conrad has no standard award nights available so St. Regis it is. I was able to get 5 nights in a Reefside Garden Villa but we'd like to pay for an upgrade to an overwater villa. Should we expect around $400 a night? Where can I find the email address?

Appreciate the help!
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:01 am

Reach out to St Regis directly. The rates were not around $400/night in March 2021 but may have changed.
[email protected]
Old Jun 1, 2021, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Neild
Reach out to St Regis directly. The rates were not around $400/night in March 2021 but may have changed.
[email protected]
I would expect significantly higher rates. Bookings have recovered remarkably in the past couple weeks. The resort is looking at 70+ percent occupancy from June 15th onward and if Europeans are allowed back starting at the end of June expect close to 100%. Clearly there is major pent-up demand.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 9:22 am

Any experience with the beachside villa? We like the idea of having our own private pool, and the hot-tub OWB are significantly more expensive. We already have a FS mountain view OWB booked for the first four nights, so we will have an opportunity to experience OWBs on our trip.

We are trying to make a decision between the beachside villa at StR or the OWB w/ plunge pool at Conrad, so any details/comparisons would be helpful.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 12:52 pm

I read somewhere that even though the private pool was great, the view was not. And from what I understand there is no swimmable beach in front of these reef side villas. Of course someone who've actually stayed in such a villa would know better than I do but that's what I heard.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by ironfist99
Any experience with the beachside villa? We like the idea of having our own private pool, and the hot-tub OWB are significantly more expensive. We already have a FS mountain view OWB booked for the first four nights, so we will have an opportunity to experience OWBs on our trip.

We are trying to make a decision between the beachside villa at StR or the OWB w/ plunge pool at Conrad, so any details/comparisons would be helpful.
- inside the villa, it felt roomier than the owv
- the outdoor shower was a nice addition
- the front and backyard felt really private
- close access to the lagoonarium
- direct access to the beach
- the sand is not as great as in the maldives, but still pretty darn nice
- after spending hours in the water, it's nice to enjoy the heated private pool
- on the flip side, there's a lot more insects in and outside the villa
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mae Zieg
I read somewhere that even though the private pool was great, the view was not. And from what I understand there is no swimmable beach in front of these reef side villas. Of course someone who've actually stayed in such a villa would know better than I do but that's what I heard.
I'm assuming that this is referring to the reefside villa? I'm looking at the lagoon side, beach front villas. I ruled out the reefside, due to the distance from the beach and wanting the "bora bora view". Of course reefside is available via points, but at 100,000 points a night, it's still pretty steep and given this is a once in a decade trip don't want to risk it on an upgrade.

I'm hoping the beachside villas are swimable?
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by randomdude
- inside the villa, it felt roomier than the owv
- the outdoor shower was a nice addition
- the front and backyard felt really private
- close access to the lagoonarium
- direct access to the beach
- the sand is not as great as in the maldives, but still pretty darn nice
- after spending hours in the water, it's nice to enjoy the heated private pool
- on the flip side, there's a lot more insects in and outside the villa
Thanks! This is really helpful.

How bad were the bugs? My wife is not a huge bug fan, and mosquito's love me. We are traveling in early august, which I understand is the dryer season, which will hopefully limit the insects.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 7:11 pm

We booked a reefside villa on points for July and I sent the email to ask about upgrading to overwater with points. Was pretty thrilled with the response and these rates and just paid under $1000 total to upgrade to a Deluxe Island View for 5 nights.

Please find the upgrade fee for the different type of villa available:

- Overwater Superior Villa, Lagoon view at 12,500 XPF ( 104 €) per night VAT included.

- Overwater Deluxe Villa, Island view at 18,250 XPF (152 €) per night VAT included.

- Overwater Deluxe Villa, Mt. Otemanu view at 35,500 XPF (297 €) per night VAT included.

- Overwater Premier Villa, Otemanu view with whirlpool at 63 250XPF (530€) per night VAT included.
ricohitman likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 8:09 am

I'm assuming that this is referring to the reefside villa? I'm looking at the lagoon side, beach front villas. I ruled out the reefside, due to the distance from the beach and wanting the "bora bora view". Of course reefside is available via points, but at 100,000 points a night, it's still pretty steep and given this is a once in a decade trip don't want to risk it on an upgrade.

I'm hoping the beachside villas are swimable?
Yes indeed I was referring to the reef side villas. Apparently the lagoon side villas are on some kind of little river flowing to the ocean, not a real "lagoon" as you could expect. I think I read that in a TPG review
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:00 am

In my opinion the StR Beachside Villas are the best kept secret and the best value the resort has to offer. They are huge, incredibly spacious (far larger and many more features than the OWV and the location and views are fantastic). The private beach in front of the villas is amazing and the bugs are not bad at all. If they are a nuisance and bother you the resort will come spray or provide repellent and citronella candles.

Based on the room types (excluding presidential/royal/estate types) between the Four Seasons, Conrad and St Regis here would be my ranking:

Four Seasons Overwater with Plunge Pool
Four Seasons Overwater (with view)
Conrad Overwater with Pool (mountain or sunset view)
St. Regis Overwater with Spa/Hot Tub
St. Regis Beachside Villa with Pool (all of them have pools)
St. Regis Overwater with Mountain View
Conrad Overwater (any view)

All rankings are highly subjective but I think for someone that appreciates the Four Seasons they would be in line.

In my opinion, if you are going to first be at the Four Seasons in any type of their Overwater Bungalows the St. Regis Overwater will be a disappointment in comparison. I would recommend going for the Beachside Villa at the St Regis and perhaps try and get the Four Seasons to upgrade you to a bungalow with a plunge pool. Also keep in mind the Four Seasons and St. Regis are just down the lagoon from one another and the Four Seasons will exceed the St. Regis in practically all categories (service level, villa/accommodations, grounds, spa, most dining - only exception might be the Jean Georges Lagoon Restaurant). The Conrad is on the opposite side of the lagoon and has a much more mountainous landscape so in my opinion it might be a good balancing contrast to the Four Seasons whereas St. Regis will be more of the same but perhaps a small incremental step down in terms of the accommodations (a bit dated) and the resort grounds. Service level at all three is excellent and comparable (albeit in different ways according to each brand's focus).
ironfist99 likes this.

Last edited by FleyeSkyHigh; Jun 5, 2021 at 11:06 am
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by fls114
We booked a reefside villa on points for July and I sent the email to ask about upgrading to overwater with points. Was pretty thrilled with the response and these rates and just paid under $1000 total to upgrade to a Deluxe Island View for 5 nights.

Please find the upgrade fee for the different type of villa available:

- Overwater Superior Villa, Lagoon view at 12,500 XPF ( 104 €) per night VAT included.

- Overwater Deluxe Villa, Island view at 18,250 XPF (152 €) per night VAT included.

- Overwater Deluxe Villa, Mt. Otemanu view at 35,500 XPF (297 €) per night VAT included.

- Overwater Premier Villa, Otemanu view with whirlpool at 63 250XPF (530€) per night VAT included.
If you have any elite status - I would roll the dice and bet you will be upgraded at check-in since they aren't at capacity. We had 10 nights in Reef-side and upgraded to OWB complimentary at check in October 2020.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
I would expect significantly higher rates. Bookings have recovered remarkably in the past couple weeks. The resort is looking at 70+ percent occupancy from June 15th onward and if Europeans are allowed back starting at the end of June expect close to 100%. Clearly there is major pent-up demand.
Where are you getting the 70% number from given the limited amount flights and vax requirement? This looks highly suspect given how difficult the coordination is and the need to be vaxxed. We went in October 2020 before the vax situation and resort was less than half full.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Is there anyway to book an OWB using points only (no cash upgrade fee) at StRBB?

Last edited by ktjan; Jun 9, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Where are you getting the 70% number from given the limited amount flights and vax requirement? This looks highly suspect given how difficult the coordination is and the need to be vaxxed. We went in October 2020 before the vax situation and resort was less than half full.
I pass by the resort every so often by boat and take their boat from Fitiuu to eat a Lagoon a bit too. I also know quite a few staff that work there. With the United flights back and American's familiarity with the brand StR Bora Bora has become the most popular and busy property in these motus right now. As of this evening the resort is at over 80%. Your observation from 2020 was correct. Visited in Sept and Oct of 2020 (which are low season plus COVID) and most weeks the occupancy was in 30s or 40 percent range. That was then. This is now and summer high season for the U.S. is in full stride. They need the business and it's good to see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.