Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old May 30, 19, 2:51 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: bhrubin
Wiki Link
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from May 2016 (Royal Overwater Villa):

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...reat-food-1362
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 26, 21, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh View Post
Air France has just cancelled all PPT to/from USA until mid-may.

French Polynesia Government Officials are suggesting a compromise to open in May that would only allow people with vaccinations (at least 14 days prior to arrival) to enter the country for Tourism. It's only a proposal at this point.

St Regis still is planning for a May 1 reopen and while I am cautious optimistic it will stick I am thinking May 15th might be looking more likely.
I will think positive thoughts for you, but with your update I am less positive my mid-June trip will happen. ;(

TD
Old Mar 27, 21, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave View Post
I will think positive thoughts for you, but with your update I am less positive my mid-June trip will happen. ;(

TD
I already have my first vaccination and will have my second long before my stay in late May early June.

The French are pushing this island nation towards independence. Seriously cases were low in Tahiti and they were requiring guest to test prior to arrival. I feel really bad for the island whose entire economy relies on tourism. I am someone who take covid and government mask mandates very seriously. However this has gone too far. Clear overreach. The data on the ground should drive these decisions. Fully vaccinated travelers should be allowed to travel.
Old Apr 1, 21, 8:55 am

United has cancelled their flights to PPT for the month of May.
Old Apr 2, 21, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Neild View Post
United has cancelled their flights to PPT for the month of May.
yes unfortunately I just got my flights cancelled. I was able to snag some award availability for next year and will still try to go this summer if they reopen and I’m able to find flights
Old Apr 8, 21, 4:42 pm

FP BORDERS RE-OPENING 1ST MAY.

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/polyn..._tJf00pcq3ApcQ
beastieb likes this.
Old Apr 10, 21, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by milehighflyer88 View Post
yes unfortunately I just got my flights cancelled. I was able to snag some award availability for next year and will still try to go this summer if they reopen and I’m able to find flights
I wonder if United will reschedule those mid to late May flights now that things have reopened. They probably didn’t expect FP to open on May 1st.

Looks like I can rebook air Tahiti Nui which has open business class awards.

The StR Bora Bora has said they are awaiting for the travel rules to come in before confirming they will open in May....Hopefully a simple pcr test and or vaccine evidence should do it. If it’s any more restrictive than that, people will not go
Old Apr 16, 21, 9:14 am

Programs: DL-Platinum
Any word if the St. Regis Bora Bora will offer antigen testing on site? Now that the borders are reopening on May 1st, I am hoping that we could be tested at the resort for our return flight back to the US, rather than leaving for PPT early to get tested.
Old Apr 16, 21, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by gregman858 View Post
Any word if the St. Regis Bora Bora will offer antigen testing on site? Now that the borders are reopening on May 1st, I am hoping that we could be tested at the resort for our return flight back to the US, rather than leaving for PPT early to get tested.
As of a few days ago when I reached out they advised I would need to get back to PPT in time for the 16:00 closure of the PPT testing site.

I also received the below a bit ago from them. So as it stand it looks like without being vaccinated/immunized a 10 day quarantine in Tahiti will be required to visit FP.
"We are pleased to inform you that our local Government has announced the conditions of entry into French Polynesia to be applicable from May 1st.Please note entry conditions for minors under 18 years of age as well as the self-test 4 days after arrival mentioned below are yet to be confirmed but we wish to keep you up to date as soon as possible.

- All american vaccinated travelers will be subject to these mandatory conditions:

ü A negative RT-PCR test three days before departure

ü Proof of "complete vaccination schedule"

ü A declaration of itinerary and contacts on the Etis platform

ü An antigen test subject to a fee to be taken and paid for upon arrival at Tahiti-Faa'a airport

ü No quarantine

ü A self-test at D + 4 also subject to a fee is a possibility – this condition is to be confirmed

- Allamerican immunized travelers will be subject to these mandatory conditions:

ü Proof of positive serological test result for COVID antibodies dated two weeks to one month prior to arrival

ü An antigen test subject to a fee to be taken and paid for upon arrival at Tahiti-Faa'a airport

ü No quarantine

ü A self-test at D + 4 also subject to a fee is a possibility – this condition is to be confirmed

- Allamerican UNvaccinated travelers will be subject to these mandatory conditions:

ü An antigen test on arrival at Tahiti-Faa'a airport

ü A quarantine of 10 days on the island of Tahiti

ü Two self-tests on D + 4 and D + 8

Please continue to check for updates on Tahiti Tourisme’s dedicated page (https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/) and also stay apprised of any changes from your air carrier."

Last edited by beastieb; Apr 16, 21 at 4:53 pm
Old Apr 17, 21, 6:04 am

I meet the criteria for travel into bora bora.
1. American
2. Fully Vaccinated

I have a stay late May/early June. However I’m not sure I want to go through the hassle of going to bora bora with all these hoops to go through. Furthermore the property will just be reopen and I imagine there will be a skeleton crew. Not sure how good the service will be given the circumstances.

I am leaning towards going in July or postponing until next year.
Old Apr 17, 21, 10:07 am

1. American
2. Fully Vaccinated

I have a stay late May/early June. However I’m not sure I want to go through the hassle of going to bora bora with all these hoops to go through. Furthermore the property will just be reopen and I imagine there will be a skeleton crew. Not sure how good the service will be given the circumstances.

We have a trip mid-June to mid-July (re-scheduled from last year). We will be fully vaccinated by the time our trip happens. I agree with you that the the current requirements make it feel much less “vacationy”. I can appreciate being cautious, but unless case counts drop and rules are relaxed by the time our trip happens we are going to pass.

I did not see any mention of mask wearing? Curious if fully vaccinated people will still be required to wear masks?

TD
Old Apr 17, 21, 10:45 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
1. American
2. Fully Vaccinated

While I was at the StR in August, they were very much running with a full staff on hand so I sincerely doubt that there will be a "Skelton" crew at a five star property especially in Bora Bora.

However, I will say that it was quite nice to be in paradise with fewer guests around.
beastieb likes this.
Old Apr 17, 21, 10:53 am

We’re still planning on going next month. Personally I wouldn’t mind it at all if capacity is low. Although for their sake I hope people that are eligible go enjoy their vacations.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Apr 17, 21, 11:26 am

Curious....just read the full report from the link above and it says “Travel from “countries with high epidemic risk” will remain restricted to the three compelling reasons(health, family, work) for the time being”.

Currently the US would have to qualify. Maybe things change in 2 weeks.

TD
Old Apr 17, 21, 12:00 pm

Curious....just read the full report from the link above and it says “Travel from “countries with high epidemic risk” will remain restricted to the three compelling reasons(health, family, work) for the time being”.

Currently the US would have to qualify. Maybe things change in 2 weeks.

TD
The way I read that is they are opening for tourism to US citizens may 1 and then they continue on and say they aren’t to Europe at this time. Before what you quoted it states:
The President of French Polynesia made the official announcement during a press conference on Thursday April 15th, that The Islands of Tahiti will reopen gradually to tourism as of May 1.A new sanitary entry protocol will be specified in the coming days.

This reopening will be first extended to the countries identified with “limited epidemic risk” and for the time being, only the United States is concerned.
Old Apr 17, 21, 11:43 pm

We have a trip mid-June to mid-July (re-scheduled from last year). We will be fully vaccinated by the time our trip happens. I agree with you that the the current requirements make it feel much less “vacationy”. I can appreciate being cautious, but unless case counts drop and rules are relaxed by the time our trip happens we are going to pass.

I did not see any mention of mask wearing? Curious if fully vaccinated people will still be required to wear masks?

TD
Mask wearing will be compulsory just as it was when the resort opened earlier during the pandemic.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: