Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Old May 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Astrophsx
Nights available on points:
  • Open up 12 months out
  • Availability seems to open up five weeks out.
Fees when booking on points:
  • City Tax of 400 XPF for each night

Transportation
PPT-BOB Flights:
  • Round trip $350-600 per person
  • Premium ticket includes more checked baggage allowance, priority boarding (sit on the left side for island views), and drink on board.
  • Air Tahiti is strict with their baggage allowance. Excess baggage is $1.5 per pound over the limit.
  • The airline is known to weigh hand luggage if it has wheels or is larger than your typical backpack or purse.
    • If you hand luggage is weighed and is over the limit it will need to be checked or items will need to be removed and relocated to your checked luggage.
    • Carry-on items do not seemed to be tagged so the gate agents do not know what bags have been checked
  • Checked bags are weighed at the BOB airport for your PPT return flight
    • They seem to not be as strict with charging for excess weight
  • Lap infants are charged 10%
  • Check the minimum connection time. If you arrive early Air Tahiti is likely to move you to an early flight based upon availability free of charge.
  • In March 2022 the domestic security was asking that passengers remove and leave any large bottles of liquid from their hand luggage. Sealed duty free alcohol seems to be the exception.
  • Tip: Sometimes it is cheaper to pack alcohol and pay the $1.5 per pound excess luggage fee than to purchase duty free at LAX.

Boat Transfer as of April 2022:
  • 14,000 XPF per person roundtrip
  • Children are free (not sure if there is an age cutoff)
It would be rather difficult to take the free boat from the BOB airport to Vaitape and then take the complimentary shuttle to St Regis. You would need to carry your luggage and time your flights accordingly. This would also need to be coordinated with the property.

Rooms
Renovated Rooms:
101 - Deluxe Over Water Villa w/ view may be renovated
504 - Reefside
Royal Estate (currently under renovations)

Platinum Benefits (2022)
  • Breakfast for two (property is firm on this and will not provide free breakfast for any additional adults in the room)
  • Welcome amenity in the room
    • Bottle of Champagne
    • Light snacks / fruit
  • 10% off products with the St. Regis Resort logo at the gift shop
  • 20% off Bloody Mary Cocktails at the Aparima Bar
  • 20% off Cocktail of the Day
  • St. Regis Sarong when you spend 15,000 xpf on products at the spa
  • Bonus points when purchasing massages at the spa

Daily Gifts
  • 8-night stay April 2022
    • Day 1 - stuffed animals for kids
    • Day 1 - Large tote bag with St. Regis Bora Bora logo w/ waterproof lining in room
    • Day 2 - Day 7 Tahitian Oils next to bed
    • Day 3 - Two fridge magnets

Item you can request for free
  • Pool floats can be loaned out from the main pool
  • Snorkel gear
  • Microwave can be put in room by room service free of charge
  • Extra small bottles of water can be requested by the housekeeper while they are cleaning
  • Coffee service to the room from the butler before 12pm
  • Two pressed items per person any time of the day
  • For infants
    • Cribs
    • Large bottles of water for formula
  • For Kids
    • Free meals at all restaurants
    • Free ice cream
    • Free room service (even items from the regular menu)

Things to bring
  • Water shoes can be helpful in the lagoon and on some excursions
  • Alcohol
    • Mini fridge is empty and can store champagne
    • Boxed wine is light weight and stores easily in fridge
    • If you don't plan to spend a few hours on the main island you can purchase fresh juices as mixers
    • Pre-mixed canned cocktails (like cutwater spirits) seemed to be popular at the main beach. Bring your own insulated tumbler and ask for a bucket of ice.
Print Wikipost

The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, French Polynesia [Master Thread]

Old Feb 5, 2020, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by gobears293
Well I sure got an interesting reply:

"I am pleased to let you know that as a Titanium Bonvoy member, you are indeed eligible for an upgrade, however, please note it is only upon check-in and subject to availability."

Wonder if the email version of HUCA would at all be helpful or I should just wait a week or so and give the resort a call.
I don't think it will make a difference since you are emailing a group mailbox. Could be the same person responding. Either way, they probably are aware of the previous communication.

I couldn't say why myself and others were upgraded many months in advance. There are probably many possible reasons, including higher occupancy in April. I suspect that most hotels don't upgrade until check in or close to it.

A call will probably not yield a different result, but it probably won't hurt anything either. Sadly, if you must have overwater, paying for it is probably the best thing. Perhaps then if you get an upgrade, maybe it would be to the mountain view.
gobears293 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by escape4
Nothing unusual about this response from the resort
I expected a different reply based on experiences detailed in this thread. Never assumed I'd get a Mt. O view upgrade no-questions-asked, but surprised they didn't even offer paid upgrades. Figured the response would be something like: "Complimentary upgrades will be processed as early as possible, but are dependent on capacity. We know how desirable the OWV can be for our guests and hope to accommodate your request. We would be able to confirm an upgrade now at the following rates.... ".

I'm not dissatisfied or upset... just thought the response would be a little different... that's all...
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by mharlan100
I don't think it will make a difference since you are emailing a group mailbox. Could be the same person responding. Either way, they probably are aware of the previous communication.

I couldn't say why myself and others were upgraded many months in advance. There are probably many possible reasons, including higher occupancy in April. I suspect that most hotels don't upgrade until check in or close to it.

A call will probably not yield a different result, but it probably won't hurt anything either. Sadly, if you must have overwater, paying for it is probably the best thing. Perhaps then if you get an upgrade, maybe it would be to the mountain view.
Yeah the lack of early upgrade is most likely a occupancy situation. The Otemanu rooms are nearly sold out, but there seems to be several regular OWV still available. Hoping the chances of someone booking a Bora Bora vacation less than 2 months ahead of time are slim.

Am totally willing to pay now to secure the upgrade. Will give them a call in a few weeks to see if the situation has changed and the paid upgrade option is available.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:59 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I expected a different reply based on experiences detailed in this thread. Never assumed I'd get a Mt. O view upgrade no-questions-asked, but surprised they didn't even offer paid upgrades.
Well, I have not seen your e-mail to them so I cannot comment, but based on your previous post I assumed that you asked about complimentary upgrades, not paid upgrades:

Should I anticipate any complimentary upgrade to an OWB? Haven't seen the room type changed on my account. Wondering if it takes a call to even get the complimentary upgrade processed?
In light of this, I thought their response was normal if you asked about complimentary upgrades. If you expected a different reply based on experienceS in this thread then please let me know what led you to believe that complimentary upgrades were given months ahead of time at this property. Admittedly, I have not read the entire thread, that said I have indeed seen one person mention it which is quite surprising because hotels rarely upgrade for free a long time in advance. But I have not seen multiple such reports.

For paid upgrades yes they could have offered it, but to be honest if I was in charge of responding to such e-mails to clients, I am not sure I would suggest a paid upgrade if the client is asking about complimentary upgrades. It might sound a bit pushy/greedy, so in my opinion their response was fine. If you ask straight up for paid upgrades I am quite sure they'll give you a price.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Admittedly, I have not read the entire thread, that said I have indeed seen one person mention it which is quite surprising because hotels rarely upgrade for free a long time in advance. But I have not seen multiple such reports.
Was that one person me? I was upgraded from a Reefside Villa to an OVW in mid December 2018 for an early March 2019 stay. When we arrived at the property, we were checked into an OVW Villa with Mt. Otemanu view. It was spectacular.

James
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Was that one person me? I was upgraded from a Reefside Villa to an OVW in mid December 2018 for an early March 2019 stay. When we arrived at the property, we were checked into an OVW Villa with Mt. Otemanu view. It was spectacular.

James
Similar upgrade months in advance to @mharlan100. Your upgrade from Reef to Mt Otemanu was fantastic! What was your Marriott status at the time?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:46 am

Similar upgrade months in advance to @mharlan100. Your upgrade from Reef to Mt Otemanu was fantastic! What was your Marriott status at the time?
I was and still am a Titanium. After check-in, they delivered a bottle of Billecart Salmon Brut, still & sparkling water, macroons on a plate of fresh grated coconut and as a service recovery on a missed coffee service picked up our $169 lunch tab. The restaurant staff encouraged us to eat & drink more but we were stuffed.

James
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:47 pm

I was and still am a Titanium. After check-in, they delivered a bottle of Billecart Salmon Brut, still & sparkling water, macroons on a plate of fresh grated coconut and as a service recovery on a missed coffee service picked up our $169 lunch tab. The restaurant staff encouraged us to eat & drink more but we were stuffed.

James
I am also Titanium. Unfortunately, I did not get the Mt. Otemanu view, but we were still quite pleased with the Lagoon View, especially for free. We received a similar welcome gift upon arrival. We also received two bottles of local rum, that we have yet to try.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:55 pm

James
Yeah, this is INCREDIBLE. Really happy for you and envious of this upgrade. Only 7 weeks and two days until I check in, haha.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:26 pm

Yeah, this is INCREDIBLE. Really happy for you and envious of this upgrade. Only 7 weeks and two days until I check in, haha.
Thanks, I was quite shocked myself. I was there at the beginning of the shoulder season and occupancy didn't seem too high so that may have been a factor. The weather was stunning though. We were on an 8-day cruise through French Polynesia with an overnight in Bora Bora and returned after the cruise. From Pape'ete we flew to Easter Island then Santiago Chile.

I hope you enjoy your time there.

James
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite
Yeah the lack of early upgrade is most likely a occupancy situation. The Otemanu rooms are nearly sold out, but there seems to be several regular OWV still available. Hoping the chances of someone booking a Bora Bora vacation less than 2 months ahead of time are slim.

Am totally willing to pay now to secure the upgrade. Will give them a call in a few weeks to see if the situation has changed and the paid upgrade option is available.
We'll stay there in September this year. End of last year / beginning of this year, I sent an email to the hotel requesting prices for a cash upgrade, which they provided. So if you are willing to pay for an upgrade, I would suggest to directly asked about a cash upgrade
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
French Polynesia now requires a doctor's certificate of good health

The certificate needs to be from within 5 days of travel.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by naroowal
The certificate needs to be from within 5 days of travel.
From certain countries or all visitors?

TD
Old Mar 5, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
From certain countries or all visitors?

TD
All visitors.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by naroowal
All visitors.
Yep, all visitors:
"As of March 2, 2020, every person (including flight personnel) must present on board a flight to French Polynesia, a medical certificate certifying the state of health free of any sign of infection at coronaviruses."
https://www.service-public.pf/dsp/covid-19/
(use Google Chrome to translate)

I haven't seen any updates or guidance on other government or airline websites. No clear indication what qualifies as a "medical certificate".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.