Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Starwood hotels in Seoul Korea [Master Thread]

Starwood hotels in Seoul Korea [Master Thread]

Old Jun 10, 11, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Lobby was complete when I stayed there last week, they are still working on restaurants.
It looks nice, and ( after over 50 stays at this property over the years), I couldn't
find the check in counters on my arrival. To be fair, if you arrive at the front door,
there will be no problem. But if you arrive on the KAL limo, as I did, which drops you
downstairs at the back, then come up the elevator, and head for where the
check-in used to be, be prepared to wander around for a while!
Old Jun 10, 11, 2:59 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by dchoe View Post
got a few nights coming up at Westin Chosun in Seoul.. just want to confirm if the renovations are done.
Full renovation is done.. Enjoy..

Especially, I like new swimming pool and sauna.. Lobby is not as good as before since ceiling is too low..
Old Jun 17, 11, 5:12 pm

Do you expect any promotions on Starwood properties (Seoul) in September? How was it in the past?
Old Oct 28, 13, 7:46 am

So it's been a few years since anyone posted here. What's the best Starwood property for upgrades in Seoul?
Old Oct 28, 13, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by keirnna View Post
So it's been a few years since anyone posted here. What's the best Starwood property for upgrades in Seoul?
Sheraton D-Cube, it seems.

in my experience, for upgrades alone:

1. Sheraton D Cube
2. Sheraton Walkerhill
3. W Walkerhill
4. Westin Chosun
Old Oct 29, 13, 8:29 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
The past 2 years I have been staying mainly at Sheraton Walker Hill, since it
is almost always the lowest price, and I have never missed a suite upgrade.

Two stays at D-cubed, and also 100% suites.
Old Jan 12, 14, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, HH GLD (thanks Citi), former DL silver
I'll be staying over in Seoul (between international flights to/from ICN) for a few days and was thinking of taking a tour bus one day and visiting the DMZ the other.

I've heard the Chosun is well located for business, but it's the most expensive and this is just me having fun. (Plus I'd like a good shot at an upgrade

Any suggestions?
Old Jan 13, 14, 12:19 am

Sheraton D-Cube is highly recommended!
Old Mar 26, 14, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Am planning a side trip to Seoul from my Japan holiday in September. Which of the Starwoods would be best suited for a couple of first-time visitors in their mid 30s, interested in seeing some sights, sampling some nice restaurants, etc? Would prefer to be close to the action. Also, good Plat treatment (especially breakfast benefit), and accessibility both from Incheon and Gimpo. From what I gather, seems like Westin Chosun would be my best pick?

Also, how many days would you recommend? Is 3 days a reasonable amount of time, and would I be able to get a good feel for Seoul + get to see DMZ?
Old Mar 26, 14, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Asiana Club Dmnd (*G), AA plat, Alitalia FA, SPG Plat, Accor Plat, HGP Dmnd, HH Dmnd
Westin Chosun for sure.

Both the Sheraton and W are on the edge of the city so a little isolated. The D Cube (haven't stayed there) is in the city, but not in the main downtown area with the best shops, restaurants etc.

Regarding time, 3 days is probably enough to feel you've seen the city, though as I remember the DMZ tours are not everyday so you may need to check ahead. It really depends on how much you want to see/do. The food is fantastic - I could spend a week there just for the restaurants!
Old Mar 26, 14, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by hendricks View Post
The food is fantastic - I could spend a week there just for the restaurants!
Thanks for that. Am looking forward to the multiple bulgogis and bibimbaps already!
Old Jan 4, 16, 3:37 am

Programs: SQ Silver | IHG Pt Amb | SPG Ti/LTG | HH Gold | GC Jade
Looking for updated data points...

Is Westin Chosun still the preferred hotel? (Or D-Cube)

Would love to try W ... but locations seems off.
Old Jan 4, 16, 1:17 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
My data is not the latest (around 1+ yr plus ago), but D cube has excellent service and Plat recognition, while Chosun's location is excellent (recognition wise- well expect less, and you will not feel so bad.)

So all depends on where you want to be, the prices for your dates.

If you want to be in Myeondong, visiting Namsan, or going Dongdaemun, Chosun's location is fantastic.

D cube's location is off, but I guess if you are visiting the fish market, or going to the financial centre, then it is not too bad.

Gangnam wise, both are not exactly that near it, so I guess if D cube has a good price over Chosun, maybe.
Old Jan 4, 16, 8:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LuisHK View Post
Looking for updated data points...

Is Westin Chosun still the preferred hotel? (Or D-Cube)

Would love to try W ... but locations seems off.
Stayed at Sheraton Walkerhill, Westin and 4P last week.

Walkerhill is really out of the way, Westin is the best, but the hidden gem is the 4P. A short walk to Seoul station (Westin is nearer to the metro), breakfast is ok and the price is great. I expect the rate to go up in time to come.
Old Jan 4, 16, 11:47 pm

For tourists, I really think the Westin (expensive side) and Four Points (very reasonable) are by far the best options.

Seoul can be an absolute nightmare for transport (taxis prone to very heavy traffic, and subway extremely crowded during peak hours) and the remaining SPG options will necessitate spending a lot more time on transport.

The W and the Walkerhill should be last on any tourist's list, as the location is truly useless and getting to anywhere useful in the city will require up to 1h travel one-way.

Search this Thread