Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Minneapolis-area (General Discussion Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the Minneapolis-area (General Discussion Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2004, 11:47 pm

Pretty much same feedback as two posts above: Great staff, full PLAT recognition. I have stayed there for a good few weeks around April/May '04 timeframe, just after its conversion from Radisson. I have only ended up in a "standard" room once, when they were really oversold. Otherwise, they were very consistent with suite and club level upgrades.

Last edited by blue2002; Jul 4, 2004 at 11:52 pm
Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:30 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by blue2002
I have stayed there for a good few weeks around April/May '04 timeframe, just after its conversion from Radisson.
That would be the new one in Bloomington? Yeah, heard good things about it too.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 9:00 am

Folks, the original question was about the Sheraton in Minnetonka (which was a Radisson many years ago), and not the Sheraton in Bloomington.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 9:07 am

Yes, and bsdstone and I were both commenting on Sheraton Minnetonka.

By the way, much as I like the hotel, the restaurant there is not very good. Would avoid it and eat elsewhere.

Last edited by choptliva; Jul 5, 2004 at 9:11 am
Old Jul 5, 2004, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by choptliva
Yes, and bsdstone and I were both commenting on Sheraton Minnetonka.
... while I obviously confused my bearings (South vs. West) and made comments about Sheraton Bloomington (aka "Minneapolis South"). I have actually never stayed at the Minnetonka propoerty. Sorry about the confusion.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:21 pm

Programs: BD*G, VS Gold, BA Silver, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Minnetonka or Bloomington???

so now im confused!!! Has everyone been ranting and raving about Minnetonka or Bloomington...its weird on sheraton's website it says this "Located just outside downtown Minneapolis, the new Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel features an impressive twin-atrium atmosphere." Is it new???
Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by jmittle
so now im confused!!! Has everyone been ranting and raving about Minnetonka or Bloomington...its weird on sheraton's website it says this "Located just outside downtown Minneapolis, the new Sheraton Minneapolis West Hotel features an impressive twin-atrium atmosphere." Is it new???
Don't be confused. The Sheraton Minneapolis West (Minnetonka) is NOT new. The description is correct. bsdstone and choptliva were talking about the hotel you will be staying in -- the Minnetonka one. It is nice.
Hope this helps.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 5:45 am

Minneapolis West - Minnetonka: Question

Hi,
Stayed at this property a few times before and was usually very satisfied. Last time was a year ago, and at that time they had no high speed internet in the rooms (just one machine in the lounge). Need to be in the area in the near future. Does anyone have recent experience there and can tell me whether they have put HSIA in the rooms yet?
Many thanks!
Chop
Old Mar 11, 2005, 6:54 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, FPC Premier
Hsia

In March/April 2004 they had it in their club rooms (new at that time), but I am not sure about standard rooms. I recommend calling the hotel desk to inquire.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by CanoeHead
In March/April 2004 they had it in their club rooms (new at that time), but I am not sure about standard rooms. I recommend calling the hotel desk to inquire.
Thanks, CanoeHead
Old Mar 12, 2005, 12:16 pm

HSIA In all rooms

I stay there semi-frequently. There is now wired HSIA avaliable in all rooms for $10.60 per night. Up until recently it was somewhat slow but they seem to have upgraded/fixed the problem, it works fine now.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:46 pm

Thanks much!
Old Aug 22, 2005, 2:15 am

Thumbs down Bloomington, MN Sheraton No Longer Gives Platinum Upgrades!!

As a Platinum Starwood member with over 100 nights and 47 stays, I could have received one of the biggest slaps in the face yet. Upon checking into the Bloomington Sheraton tonight (a Sunday), a hotel in which I’ve spent 90+ nights, I was told that they wouldn’t be able to upgrade me to a club level room. When talking to the clerk behind the desk he claimed that there were new rules and that I couldn’t be upgraded. On a Sunday night with the parking lot practically empty I was sent to the old tower of the hotel. But because my Platinum status still gives me access to the club level lounge, I spent the evening with the Lounge attendant Barbara, who is awesome, watching the final episode of ‘Six Feet Under’, and only saw one other person walk by on the entire floor.

This is sad how the hotel treats a person who has spent more time in their hotel than in his own home this year.

I guess this is the Sheraton Promise!!!!!
Old Aug 22, 2005, 3:31 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by Gregmo24
As a Platinum Starwood member with over 100 nights and 47 stays, I could have received one of the biggest slaps in the face yet. Upon checking into the Bloomington Sheraton tonight (a Sunday), a hotel in which I’ve spent 90+ nights, I was told that they wouldn’t be able to upgrade me to a club level room. When talking to the clerk behind the desk he claimed that there were new rules and that I couldn’t be upgraded. On a Sunday night with the parking lot practically empty I was sent to the old tower of the hotel. But because my Platinum status still gives me access to the club level lounge, . ..

This is sad how the hotel treats a person who has spent more time in their hotel than in his own home this year.

I guess this is the Sheraton Promise!!!!!

Welcome to FT! I'm curious, what are the "new rules" that have been implemented? Perhaps you should contact the general manager on Monday (if you are staying there longer) and ask why you weren't upgraded and get a clarification of the rules?
Old Aug 22, 2005, 6:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gregmo24
As a Platinum Starwood member with over 100 nights and 47 stays, I could have received one of the biggest slaps in the face yet.
Yah, I think you have a right to be upset, but should really escalate as this is more of a matter of speaking with the right level of management. That being said, get the front desk person's name and have a candid conversation with the GM about your disappointment in how their front desk staff is not aware of SPG terms and conditions. Offer this as an opportunity to reinforce the value of SPG guests, particulary those of the platinum shade .

If he doesn't bite, some escalation to corporate is in order as they are clearly in violation of their franchise agreement. Let us know how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.