Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2008, 4:15 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Al Dente at Skyline does appear to be open

So, I'm staying at the Skyline now. (Well last night to today.) It appears that Al Dente *IS* open. The reception desk offered to make me a reservation when I checked in last night and I just took a walk around the hotel and confirmed that it seems open. Since I'm not a big fan of hotel restaurants and I was hungry after getting off the plane last night, I didn't try it.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 9:06 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by stc
So, I'm staying at the Skyline now. (Well last night to today.) It appears that Al Dente *IS* open. The reception desk offered to make me a reservation when I checked in last night and I just took a walk around the hotel and confirmed that it seems open. Since I'm not a big fan of hotel restaurants and I was hungry after getting off the plane last night, I didn't try it.
It is but not on weekends.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
LHR T1 to Skyline

Which public bus route is the preferred way to go from LHR T1 (Central Bus Station) to the Sheraton Skyline? Do I need to request a specific stop or is the Skyline easily visible at night from the road and it's obvious where to get off?

Also a related question - when traveling from the Sheraton Skyline to Central London via the Tube is it better (cheaper) to take a bus to Hatton Cross and catch the Tube there rather than back at LHR T1/2/3?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I usually take the AVIS bus towards the Skyline as this is within 5 minutes walking distance from the AVIS car park. (Depending on weather of course ... if it's raining this is a bad option)
Old Nov 12, 2008, 6:05 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Herb687
Which public bus route is the preferred way to go from LHR T1 (Central Bus Station) to the Sheraton Skyline? Do I need to request a specific stop or is the Skyline easily visible at night from the road and it's obvious where to get off?

Also a related question - when traveling from the Sheraton Skyline to Central London via the Tube is it better (cheaper) to take a bus to Hatton Cross and catch the Tube there rather than back at LHR T1/2/3?
To get to the Skyline from T1/2/3 you want to go to the Central Bus Station and take one of the buses at Stand 19/20 which go to Harlington Corner and participate in the Heathrow Free Flow Zone. Most notably the 285 and 555/556/557. There may be others. You can check the signs or ask the Info Desk. Get off at "New Road" which is basically between the Radisson Edwardian and the Marriott. You can probably see the Skyline out of the front of the bus.

To go to Central London you are better off getting on at the same stop and taking the 285 or 555/556/557 to Hatton Cross. IIRC, it is cheaper from Hatton Cross and it is faster and you don't need to cross the street. When you come back you are probably better getting off at Hatton Cross and taking the bus to the stop across from the Skyline or the one just before that before the bus turns the corner onto Bath Road. I'm sorry but I don't remember the names of those stops.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Herb687

Buses 105, 140, 222, 285 all go to the Sheraton. Get off at the Marriott stop, Skyline is right next door. Another landmark you can use is the McDonalds, it is the next stop after passing the McD's.

I do not think the Hatton Cross station is better (or cheaper), for a start it is easier to get back to the central bus station than going to Hatton Cross. If you are returning to the Skyline in the same day just buy a day travelcard (7GBP I think).
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by worldtrav
Buses 105, 140, 222, 285 all go to the Sheraton. Get off at the Marriott stop, Skyline is right next door. Another landmark you can use is the McDonalds, it is the next stop after passing the McD's.

I do not think the Hatton Cross station is better (or cheaper), for a start it is easier to get back to the central bus station than going to Hatton Cross. If you are returning to the Skyline in the same day just buy a day travelcard (7GBP I think).
I agree with this. The best thing to do when going from the central bus station is grab the first of the above buses that arrive and just tell the driver the Sheraton Skyline and you will not be charged. I would just look for the Marriott and buzz when you see it as it will be the stop in front of the Marriott. I dont remember the name but didnt seem like it mached up with what the hotel site said.

I just came back from central london and debated stopping at Hatton Cross and taking the bus but decided it would be just as easy to go on to heathrow T1/2/3 as the bus station was right there really and the amount of outdoor time would be reduced that way.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I agree with this. The best thing to do when going from the central bus station is grab the first of the above buses that arrive and just tell the driver the Sheraton Skyline and you will not be charged. I would just look for the Marriott and buzz when you see it as it will be the stop in front of the Marriott. I dont remember the name but didnt seem like it mached up with what the hotel site said. .
Unless I am mistaken, the name of the bus stop is "New Road'.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:24 pm
stc

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I agree with this. The best thing to do when going from the central bus station is grab the first of the above buses that arrive and just tell the driver the Sheraton Skyline and you will not be charged. I would just look for the Marriott and buzz when you see it as it will be the stop in front of the Marriott. I dont remember the name but didnt seem like it mached up with what the hotel site said.

I just came back from central london and debated stopping at Hatton Cross and taking the bus but decided it would be just as easy to go on to heathrow T1/2/3 as the bus station was right there really and the amount of outdoor time would be reduced that way.
I still disagree. The walk at Hatton Cross is shorter than Central Bus Station to Underground, it is faster, and inbound you don't need to cross the street coming from the Sheraton.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by stc
I still disagree. The walk at Hatton Cross is shorter than Central Bus Station to Underground, it is faster, and inbound you don't need to cross the street coming from the Sheraton.
You are correct, I had misread that as going the other direction...from central london back to the Skyline.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
For the bus lines stop by Sheraton Skyline and near by hotels, this map may help:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...s123-13970.pdf

I usually watch for McDonald, request for stop once see the McDonald and get off ringt in front of Marriott. Skyline is next door to Marriott.

I took a bus from Hatton Cross back to Sheraton Skyline once, the bus driver told me it is free so looks like Hatton Cross is within the Heathrow free bus zone.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:37 pm

Thanks for posting the map. I dont know how I missed that map as I thought I had hit all of them on that web site. It is very helpful I think.

Originally Posted by wendySFO
For the bus lines stop by Sheraton Skyline and near by hotels, this map may help:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...s123-13970.pdf

I usually watch for McDonald, request for stop once see the McDonald and get off ringt in front of Marriott. Skyline is next door to Marriott.

I took a bus from Hatton Cross back to Sheraton Skyline once, the bus driver told me it is free so looks like Hatton Cross is within the Heathrow free bus zone.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 3:27 pm

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
The Sheraton Skyline is going through some refurbishment. They are transforming what used to be the inside atrium and the pool is closed. I don't understand why they did not close the hotel completely. While before you could have a quiet room facing the atrium, inside rooms are now facing the constructions...and forget about quietness - work starts early morning !!!. Outside rooms are noisy since the hotel is facing a major runway. As for what is left of the restaurant in all those constructions...you better off having food at the airport.

What a disgrace for Sheraton and total waste of money. In time of recession, this is a good way to lose your customers for ever.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
What a disgrace for Sheraton and total waste of money. In time of recession, this is a good way to lose your customers for ever.
On the other hand, in time of recession, it may be cheaper to do the renovation! However, I suspect that everything would have been tendered and contracted out awhile ago already.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Ducatibiker
The Sheraton Skyline is going through some refurbishment. They are transforming what used to be the inside atrium and the pool is closed. I don't understand why they did not close the hotel completely. While before you could have a quiet room facing the atrium, inside rooms are now facing the constructions...and forget about quietness - work starts early morning !!!. Outside rooms are noisy since the hotel is facing a major runway. As for what is left of the restaurant in all those constructions...you better off having food at the airport.

When I was there they ask if I would mind an inside room since I was leaving the next morning early and I had no problem with it as I was out before the construction started. I thought they did a good job of trying to manager the situation.

Did they tell you about it at check in or just found out the next morning?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.