Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:42 am

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
access from T5 and to T3

im more interested in access to the hotel since both stays will be to crash and that is it

which one is easier (and cheaper or free) to access from the airport (arriving T5) heading to london for the week then back to one of these properties and have to get to T3 the next a.m.

although ive read the last four pages i am still a bit confused as which is easier to get too and how much if any it costs

thanks
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by JoeBagodonuts
im more interested in access to the hotel since both stays will be to crash and that is it

which one is easier (and cheaper or free) to access from the airport (arriving T5) heading to london for the week then back to one of these properties and have to get to T3 the next a.m.

although ive read the last four pages i am still a bit confused as which is easier to get too and how much if any it costs

thanks
The Sheraton Heathrow is closest to T5. IIRC, I usually take the 350 bus, step down at Duke's Bridge stop, and it is free of charge (you could also take the 423, but you need to walk a little bit longer from close to the Thistle hotel to the Sheraton Heathrow - take the footpath between Longford House and the Health club). To go from the Sheraton Heathrow to T1/T2/T3 (Central bus station), the nearest bus stop (Skydrive port) is for the U3; walking to Duke's Bridge stop allows you to take the 75/76/77 buses.

In order to go to the Sheraton Skyline, you need to take the 423 bus and step down at Newport Road, in front of the Marriott. To get back to T1/T2/T3, you need to cross the dual carriageway at the traffic lights and there are many bus lines you can take fromthe bus stop (Harlington Corner) back to T1/T2/T3.

The downside of the 423 bus is that it runs only 3 times per hour, vs 5 times per hour for the 350, both at peak times.

Last edited by JOUY31; Oct 25, 2008 at 6:21 am
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Since you arrive at T5, Sheraton Heathrow is probably easier.

In case you want to go to Sheraton Skyline, you can take the city bus from LHR to the hotel for free. To take the city bus, go to T2 and follow sign to central bus terminal. Line 140 and 105 will do, 4 (?) stops, get off at Harlinton Corner (once you see the McDonald) hotel right in front.

Same bus lines from opposite side of Sheraton Skyline will take you back to T2.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:52 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
thanks for the help guys ^
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
quick question

Are these buses mentioned above for the Skyline and Heathrow hotels part of some airport hotel shuttle system or are they truly city buses/public buses as well? and although free is always good, why are they free?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 1:00 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
quick question

Are these buses mentioned above for the Skyline and Heathrow hotels part of some airport hotel shuttle system or are they truly city buses/public buses as well? and although free is always good, why are they free?
The buses are public. There is a free zone around Heathrow in which anyone can ride them free. The airport hotel shuttle system is the Hoppa, which charges for rides.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The buses are public. There is a free zone around Heathrow in which anyone can ride them free. The airport hotel shuttle system is the Hoppa, which charges for rides.
ahh got it now thanks
Old Jun 28, 2008, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Does anyone have any experience with SPG Platinum upgrades at either hotel. Do either have suites available for upgrade? Has anyone actually been upgraded to a suit recently at either hotel?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The Skyline and the Heathrow are approximately 1 mile apart. Their relative position in respect to Windsor and London are pretty irrelevant in the context of the distance from those 2 places.
Thanks very much.

Any advice on how to get to Windsor from these properties? How expensive would a taxi be? Would I be able to get back via taxi? Is there a decent transit option on a weekday morning?

Thanks again in advance
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ajnaro
Does anyone have any experience with SPG Platinum upgrades at either hotel. Do either have suites available for upgrade? Has anyone actually been upgraded to a suit recently at either hotel?
Have stayed at both hotels 9-10 times. Have never been upgraded to a suite at either property, Plat status notwithstanding. Sheraton Heathrow will ensure you have a recently renovated room; Skyline will give you an "Executive" room which is essentially identical to the standard room as far as I can tell; both rooms are fine for an overnight stay at an airport hotel. Both hotels now have lounges.

I think the Heathrow is significantly better value, has a (slightly) better restaurant, and there's a decent pub within walking distance. But both hotels are airport hotels, nothing more.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Years ago at the Skyline I got a suite a few times. But I quit staying there when the price went up too high. The Sheraton is a much better overall deal for me. Also they have a very handy fleet of private taxis that are always there ready to take you to the airport or any surrounding area. Including Windsor!

You can ring the concierge at the hotel to get a price estimate, but I would guess roughly 25-30 pounds to Windsor. However if I was planning on spending the day in the area, I might rent a car at the airport and drive to Windsor as well as see plenty of other interesting things around Hampshire.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Years ago at the Skyline I got a suite a few times. But I quit staying there when the price went up too high. The Sheraton is a much better overall deal for me. Also they have a very handy fleet of private taxis that are always there ready to take you to the airport or any surrounding area. Including Windsor!

You can ring the concierge at the hotel to get a price estimate, but I would guess roughly 25-30 pounds to Windsor. However if I was planning on spending the day in the area, I might rent a car at the airport and drive to Windsor as well as see plenty of other interesting things around Hampshire.

Indeed, renting a car from thrifty.co.uk is normally not too expensive - and the office is in the hotel. Also Hertz and Alamo are walking distance (around 5-10 minutes). Another good option is Thrifty, who will often pick you up from and return you to a hotel - the major companies will not.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 3:49 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SportsTech
I think the Heathrow is significantly better value, has a (slightly) better restaurant, and there's a decent pub within walking distance. But both hotels are airport hotels, nothing more.
Agree, the Skyline is too expensive for what it offers. And they never upgraded me ever to anything worthwhile.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SportsTech
Have stayed at both hotels 9-10 times. Have never been upgraded to a suite at either property, Plat status notwithstanding. Sheraton Heathrow will ensure you have a recently renovated room; Skyline will give you an "Executive" room which is essentially identical to the standard room as far as I can tell; both rooms are fine for an overnight stay at an airport hotel. Both hotels now have lounges.

I have a similar number of stays at both properties and never seen anything like a suite only ever a Club or Exec Room. The Skyline does only have 2 suites though which are not standard suites, I am not sure of the position of the Heathrow.

The new Executive rooms at the Skyline are quite nice being the latest rooms to be remodelled and coming with a sofa and they are on the same floor as the Club Lounge, which is significantly better than the one at the Heathrow.

Mrs LoM and I had a rare midweek stay at the Heathrow last Thursday and had about the best room we have ever had (at the front of the property beyond the club lounge desk) this room came close to being the same size as the rooms at the Skyline. The bathrooms at the Heathrow are poor and nowehere near as pleasant or spacious as the newer design at the Skyline. The breakfast in the club lounge at the HEathrow is a very bad joke. Poor service from the attendants, insufficient seating and a poor selection of items. Both the Skyline breakfast and evening nibbles are much better than the offering at the Heathrow.

The check in experience should be better at the Heathrow since it has a lounge check in option, but I tend to find the attendant is never there whenever I want to check in or out and thus I must do battle with the queues at the desk downstairs (God help you if you arrive or want to leave around the time that one of the buses arrives). The one thing I will say about the Heathrow is that the TV system is much better, not only are the TV's larger (and with a 50% chance of a large LCD) but there is an AVOD like movie option (not cheap however at almost £10 a time). Room service is also much more reasonably priced at the Heathrow.

The only big plus for me of the Heathrow is that it can be 50% cheaper than the skyline midweek. At weekends the price differential between the 2 properties is low to non existent (and the Heathrow can be more expensive). I couldn't justify the £125 premium of the Skyline over the HEathrow last week. I would have [aid the same price as the Skyline to stay at the Hilton (since I was departing from T4) but I wanted to use the gym in the morning and I remember the Hilton's gym as being quite elderly. Whilst the Skyline has the better Gym (more equipment and rowers available) the Heathrow Gym is also pretty good.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 7:51 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I have a similar number of stays at both properties and never seen anything like a suite only ever a Club or Exec Room. The Skyline does only have 2 suites though which are not standard suites, I am not sure of the position of the Heathrow.
I remember being upgraded twice to a two room suite at the Sheraton Heathrow. Never happened to me at the Skyline.
The check in experience should be better at the Heathrow since it has a lounge check in option, but I tend to find the attendant is never there whenever I want to check in or out and thus I must do battle with the queues at the desk downstairs (God help you if you arrive or want to leave around the time that one of the buses arrives).
Very true.
The breakfast in the club lounge at the Heathrow is a very bad joke. Poor service from the attendants, insufficient seating and a poor selection of items. Both the Skyline breakfast and evening nibbles are much better than the offering at the Heathrow.
No coffee machine, just a big jug of brown coloured hot water. I don't think I will book a Club room again.

The one thing I will say about the Heathrow is that the TV system is much better, not only are the TV's larger (and with a 50% chance of a large LCD) but there is an AVOD like movie option (not cheap however at almost £10 a time). Room service is also much more reasonably priced at the Heathrow.

The only big plus for me of the Heathrow is that it can be 50% cheaper than the skyline midweek. At weekends the price differential between the 2 properties is low to non existent (and the Heathrow can be more expensive). I couldn't justify the £125 premium of the Skyline over the HEathrow last week.
I fully agree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.