Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can travel to/from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow from the Central Terminal Area, and Terminal 5 for free on the London red buses. Just get on the bus, there is no need to pay or present any ticket.

Free bus routes to/from the Central Terminal (T1,2,3) area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow.pdf

Free bus routes to/from the Terminal 5 area :
http://content.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-maps/heathrow-t5.pdf

Travelling to the Sheraton Skyline from the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, alight at the New Road stop : the hotel is to your right.

Travelling from the Sheraton Skyline to the Central Terminal Area, or Terminal 5, board the bus the Harlington Corner stop, which is opposite the hotel on the other side of the road.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, take the U3 bus and alight at the Skyport Drive stop. Walk to your left, then around the corner, 5 minutes to the hotel.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow from Central Terminal Area, walk 5 minutes to the Pinglestone Close stop and take the U3.
Travelling to the Sheraton Heathrow from Terminal 5, take the 423 bus to the Park Thistle Hotel stop and walk up the footpath along the side of the Premier Inn, then cross the dual carriageway road.

Travelling from the Sheraton Heathrow to Terminal 5, take the 423 bus from the Park Thistle Hotel stop.
You can also use the 423 bus to travel free from the Sheraton Skyline and Sheraton Heathrow to/from Hatton Cross tube station.

For terminal 4, you will need to transfer within the airport from the Cenrtal Terminal Area.
Print Wikipost

London Heathrow LHR : Sheraton Heathrow versus Sheraton Skyline [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Interesting, the third floor of the skyline does not have any club rooms AFAIK. In around 15 stays at the property I have never been given a room on the third floor, which I understood were mainly family rooms with a queen bed and sofa bed. Club rooms seem to be situated on the first and 2nd floors, although I am not sure that there is any significant difference between club and ordinary rooms aprt perhaps from a bathrobe and free water. Even the old (non LCD) TV's at the Sheraton Heathrow were better than the TV's in the Skyline, everything else about the skyline is definitely better though.

Is the lounge really being refurbished? It is on the third floor, is there any evidence of work being carried out there?
Oh yes, quite a bit of work. The halls all look new and the single lift on the side of the hotel is closed for refurbishing/maintenance. After checking in, maintenance came by and checked the tub, which looks like it was just caulked, etc.

I have a king and two (really ugly) chairs, which look out of place in the room, mainly cause the room is a light green and the chairs are blue (and clearly from before the work done).

No upgrade - I just became GLD today, matter of fact.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RichMSN
Oh yes, quite a bit of work. The halls all look new and the single lift on the side of the hotel is closed for refurbishing/maintenance. After checking in, maintenance came by and checked the tub, which looks like it was just caulked, etc.

I have a king and two (really ugly) chairs, which look out of place in the room, mainly cause the room is a light green and the chairs are blue (and clearly from before the work done).

No upgrade - I just became GLD today, matter of fact.
The green colour scheme has been in place on the third floor for the 2 years I have been staying there although admittedly it does look fresher somehow than the brown/cream colouring elsewhere.
Old May 11, 2008, 11:48 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Here is some info on the Club Lounge at the Sheraton Skyline from my stay in late-April 2008. I thought it might be helpful to other travelers. This is info provided to me in a letter when I checked in:

"Your key will access the Lounge between 06:00 - 22:30. Outside these hours the club lounge will be closed. Should you wish to bring any other guests to the Club Lounge, you are more than welcome to do so (subject to availability) at a supplement of 45 GBP (excluding VAT) per guest.

Guests can enjoy the benefits of this exclusive environment including complimentary soft drinks, free High Speed Internet Access (in the Club Lounge), a variety of snacks throughout the day, LCD widescreen television, music centre, complimentary alcoholic beverages (Red wine, white wine and Beer only) between 18:00 and 20:00 (Happy Hour).

Continental Breakfast is served from:
06:30 - 10:30 Monday to Friday
07:00 - 11:00 Saturday and Sunday
Food and Drink must be consumed in the Club Lounge only."

FYI, there are two computers in the Lounge with internet access for those people, like me, who didn't have a laptop with them.
Old May 11, 2008, 3:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by UNITED863

FYI, there are two computers in the Lounge with internet access for those people, like me, who didn't have a laptop with them.
And free wifi for those with a laptop.

A recent stay at the Skyline has just completely reinforced my view of why I should stay there ahead of the rather poor Sheraton Heathrow every time unless prices are considerably higher.

Heathrow - lied about upgrade availability and then offered it when they were exposed. Happened twice this year. Once is a mistake, twice is dishonest policy IMHO

Skyline lounge is better in my opinion as well and general staff quality higher there too. I've had my fill at the Sheraton Heathrow as they have constantly managed to disappoint or underdeliver against the standard despite a number of chances. My last stay at the Skyline was great. Nothing spectacular, but they just did everything properly ^
Old May 11, 2008, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
And free wifi for those with a laptop.

A recent stay at the Skyline has just completely reinforced my view of why I should stay there ahead of the rather poor Sheraton Heathrow every time unless prices are considerably higher.

Heathrow - lied about upgrade availability and then offered it when they were exposed. Happened twice this year. Once is a mistake, twice is dishonest policy IMHO

Skyline lounge is better in my opinion as well and general staff quality higher there too. I've had my fill at the Sheraton Heathrow as they have constantly managed to disappoint or underdeliver against the standard despite a number of chances. My last stay at the Skyline was great. Nothing spectacular, but they just did everything properly ^
On the other hand, lounge at Sheraton is open 24/7 with keycard for soft drinks/snacks. This is really useful. Also I prefer the access to Sheraton. And parking is cheaper.
However, I do agree that the lounge at the Skyline is much nicer - and you can't compare the breakfasts. Sheraton breakfast in lounge is very basic.

FWIW, I have stayed at both a number and times and never had an upgrade is SPG Plat. Not that it really bothers me, so I haven't pushed the point.

Sheraton Heathrow always has problems posting BRG points, and sometimes plat amenity points. However, once they only charged me 1 pound (+tax) on a paid stay instead of 100 pounds and refused to take more money, even after I showed them confirmation at 100 pounds! They claimed the rate was confidential, so they couldn't see what to charge me...even the auditor on site couldn't figure it out so only charged me 1 pound.
Old May 11, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
i have a situation that I hope to get some advice on here. I will arrive LHR and same-day connect to another flight. I will come back to LHR two weeks later and will stay at either of the Sheratons. The first time i go through LHR, I would like to leave a bag at the hotel until my next return. Are either of the hotels friendly to me leaving a bag on the day I don't have an actual stay, but coming back to it with a stay?
i know I could leave it in left luggage, but at GBP 4 per day for 2 weeks it's a little pricy. worst case, i will lug it around with me, although i really don't need it for that period.
thanks!
Old May 16, 2008, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2035
On the other hand, lounge at Sheraton is open 24/7 with keycard for soft drinks/snacks. This is really useful. Also I prefer the access to Sheraton. And parking is cheaper.
However, I do agree that the lounge at the Skyline is much nicer - and you can't compare the breakfasts. Sheraton breakfast in lounge is very basic.

FWIW, I have stayed at both a number and times and never had an upgrade is SPG Plat. Not that it really bothers me, so I haven't pushed the point.

Sheraton Heathrow always has problems posting BRG points, and sometimes plat amenity points. However, once they only charged me 1 pound (+tax) on a paid stay instead of 100 pounds and refused to take more money, even after I showed them confirmation at 100 pounds! They claimed the rate was confidential, so they couldn't see what to charge me...even the auditor on site couldn't figure it out so only charged me 1 pound.
I haven't been put on the third floor since that one night. Now a Gold, but never once upgraded. They offer the club rooms for £45 extra according an advertisement in the lift. I didn't ask if they upgraded anyone to those rooms because the rooms on the second floor seem quite nice and I really don't care if I get upgraded in this hotel.

I'm at the Skyline now for a little stopoff before I start week 2 of business in the Midlands. Will hit it again on the night before my departure. Love getting three stays in little more than a week.
Old May 17, 2008, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well to answer my own earlier question. There are no changes in the lounge at all I assume it was closed whilst the hallways of the third floor were being redecorated and recarpeted.

The third floor rooms (apparently now called executive rooms) are quite nice. They are a little smaller than the regular club rooms I have always had on the 2nd floor with the bed a little smaller (UK rather than US King Size I think) but the addition of a sofa. Overall very nicely done and slightly fresher than the other club rooms, but decorated in an identical style.

As to the ongoing debate between the skyline and the sheraton heathrow. I strongly prefer the skyline, but the Heathrow does have some real advantages. The Tv's are bigger at the Sheraton Heathrow (then better rooms have large LCD widescreens) and have AVOD for films. The room service is reasonably priced and quite good (compared to the extortionate cost of room service at the skyline), and at weekends you get a full breakfast in the resturant. On the other hand points NEVER now seem to post automatically from stays at the Sheraton Heathrow
Old May 17, 2008, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RichMSN
I haven't been put on the third floor since that one night. Now a Gold, but never once upgraded. They offer the club rooms for Ł45 extra according an advertisement in the lift. I didn't ask if they upgraded anyone to those rooms because the rooms on the second floor seem quite nice and I really don't care if I get upgraded in this hotel.
The club rooms are on the 2nd floor. The third floor rooms are not club rooms per se, it is just that the lounge is on the 3rd floor. I suspect that you had club rooms on the 2nd floor (and for all I know all rooms are identical at the skyline, except for the exec rooms on the 3rd floor).
Old May 18, 2008, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The club rooms are on the 2nd floor. The third floor rooms are not club rooms per se, it is just that the lounge is on the 3rd floor. I suspect that you had club rooms on the 2nd floor (and for all I know all rooms are identical at the skyline, except for the exec rooms on the 3rd floor).
Yeah, I made this observation when looking at the picture on the lift wall on my way out. It was clearly one of the club rooms and very nice.

It was an executive room I was given back in January, then. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm back at LHR on Wednesday night, but since I'm returning a Thrifty car rented from the Shearton Heathrow, I'm just staying there. However, it's no contest when comparing the two simply as hotels. The Skyline is a great property, especially when the rooms are Ł55 per night.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 4:41 pm
Original Member

Skyline

Just got back from two stays at the Skyline. No club access but two very nice rooms for each stay. Used cash and points. Originally wrote on comment card that room could use a hair dryer and alarm clock until I found the hair dryer was in the desk drawer and the wake up alarm on TV.
On the negative side, thought their response time in answering the phones when calling from the room was very poor but in person help from front desk, concierge was very helpful.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
I stayed in both hotels, a few weeks apart. I think the Skyline is a bit nicer, though both are OK. Our room was near enough to the Club Lounge at the Skyline that we could "borrow" the free wireless access from them. We only got a room on the 2nd floor of the Skyline, but it was pretty nice.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 5:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Proximity to Windsor

Am planning to use SPG points for one of the LHR Sheratons. I'll be getting into LHR late evening in a few months and want to make a morning trip out to see Windsor Castle before an afternoon departure the next day.

Sounds like the Skyline is preferred by this thread and that it is closer to the City of London -- does that mean that the Sheraton Heathrow is closer/more easily accessible to Windsor?

Any advice is appreciated -- thanks
Old Jun 17, 2008, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Am planning to use SPG points for one of the LHR Sheratons. I'll be getting into LHR late evening in a few months and want to make a morning trip out to see Windsor Castle before an afternoon departure the next day.

Sounds like the Skyline is preferred by this thread and that it is closer to the City of London -- does that mean that the Sheraton Heathrow is closer/more easily accessible to Windsor?

Any advice is appreciated -- thanks
The Skyline and the Heathrow are approximately 1 mile apart. Their relative position in respect to Windsor and London are pretty irrelevant in the context of the distance from those 2 places.

The Skyline is by far the better property. I stay at the Heathrow quite a bit but only to mix up my stays for SPG purposes or when there is a huge premium to be paid for the Skyline.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 2:29 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The Skyline is by far the better property. I stay at the Heathrow quite a bit but only to mix up my stays for SPG purposes or when there is a huge premium to be paid for the Skyline.
I would tend to agree, but coming to the Sheraton Heathrow from T5 with the red buses is very easy now, so I now increasing the number of stays there vs the Skyline. I also like the Chinese restaurant they have close by.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.