Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by TerryK
You've got to be kidding me. Was this in writing?
He says he was making a reservation for a May meeting, and it came up on the booking page.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I sent an email to Sheraton Waikiki in regard to extra person fee charged at Marriott Websites for booking room with more than 2 people. This is what I received:

Aloha,

Thank you for your inquiry with us at the Sheraton Waikiki Resort and Spa!

All of our rooms allow for two (2) adults and two (2) children, under the age of 17, so there will be no additional charge for your children. We do apologize that our website is showing an additional fee. Please disregard the additional fee as we have been experiencing a system error with this matter, but please be assured that we will not charge you any additional fees, upon checkout, for children under 17.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Mahalo,

Surely they should hassle Marriott to get this fixed ASAP as it is a major turnoff for potential guests when they charge extra person fee for children ........

PS: I have added the latest email address from Sheraton Waikiki as well in Wiki.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: Skymiles; SPG; AAdvantage
Have a reservation for 2/17-2/21, emailed GM last evening to request a complimentary upgrade (am Gold Elite only through Amex Plat). Promptly was responded to by an assistant saying I was upgraded from standard room to Oceanview Club Deluxe Room. Very nice. Will ask for a suite at check-in but more than happy with the club access.
kamchatsky likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Hi all, just checked into Sheraton today, and must say that I’m disappointed in the hotel’s communication regarding construction noise. You can absolute hear loud cutting, banging etc from the edge pool. The only reason we didn’t cancel this trip is the website and communications have said Monday through Friday. Spoke to a desk manager and was advised that construction is occurring Monday through Saturday, I believe 9-5. Beware if you want some quiet time!

Last edited by drewdawg199; Feb 16, 2019 at 9:06 pm
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Hi all, just checked into Sheraton today, and must say that I’m disappointed in the hotel’s communication regarding construction noise. You can absolute hear loud cutting, banging etc from the edge pool. The only reason we didn’t cancel this trip is the website and communications have said Monday through Friday. Spoke to a desk manager and was advised that construction is occurring Monday through Saturday, I believe 9-5. Beware if you want some quiet time!
Sounds like restoration work is slower than anticipated thus the Saturday work schedule. That also means the hotel is paying hefty overtime fees !!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I believe compensation is in order here - please open a customer support case against the hotel.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I believe compensation is in order here - please open a customer support case against the hotel.
while you might have a case it's doubtful the renovation was clearly posted on their website. As an owner of a company that specializes in this type of work noise and inconvenience is the first and last discussion point at "pre construction" meetings. Having said that once when we were doing the same work on the Palm Beach Hilton the manager did stop our workers once do to a guest who complained she couldn't nap in the afternoon, Her room if anyone knows the Hilton PB was clearly on the other side of the property. Next day the manager said keep going I want you guys out of here, he got hit with "delay and disruption" claim!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Question for y'all - we have an upcoming stay here at the SW. The day we check out our flight's not until 9 PM - on our last stay they stored our bags for us and said there would be a hospitality suite/shower available if we needed it. Our flight was a bit earlier last time so we didn't end up using their facilities to shower/etc. They didn't give us late checkout last time so I'm not hopeful of us getting it this time. We're only lowly Golds so probably mean nothing to them. Has anyone used their shower facilities for this purpose? We'd love to have some extra lounge time at the pool if possible, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to burn a free night cert at the Courtyard just to have a clean shower before we head out.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:02 pm

I’ve gotten some minor resolution regarding the construction noise. We are only staying two nights, but they waived the resort fees after first complaint. After second complaint was given a $100 credit and two drink chits. Can’t say I’m happy about it, the noise is constant and loud, we recorded peaks of 85 dB but consistently mid 70s. If you plan to relax at the adult pool anytime soon I’d highly recommend you reconsider.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by no1cub17
The day we check out our flight's not until 9 PM - on our last stay they stored our bags for us and said there would be a hospitality suite/shower available if we needed it. Our flight was a bit earlier last time so we didn't end up using their facilities to shower/etc. They didn't give us late checkout last time so I'm not hopeful of us getting it this time. We're only lowly Golds so probably mean nothing to them. Has anyone used their shower facilities for this purpose? We'd love to have some extra lounge time at the pool if possible, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to burn a free night cert at the Courtyard just to have a clean shower before we head out.
Many Waikiki hotels set aside either rooms or a suite for this purpose. The shower would typically be the same as the guestrooms. If all you want is a shower, it should be fine. Of course, I use Ala Moana beachpark shower, so my standards may be lower than yours
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:05 pm

I’ve gotten some minor resolution regarding the construction noise. We are only staying two nights, but they waived the resort fees after first complaint. After second complaint was given a $100 credit and two drink chits. Can’t say I’m happy about it, the noise is constant and loud, we recorded peaks of 85 dB but consistently mid 70s. If you plan to relax at the adult pool anytime soon I’d highly recommend you reconsider.
Yikes - not at all what we want to hear. Going to reconsider now. Literally the only reason we're coming back to the SW is we fell in love with the infinity pool. If that's not enjoyable ...

Originally Posted by Kacee
Many Waikiki hotels set aside either rooms or a suite for this purpose. The shower would typically be the same as the guestrooms. If all you want is a shower, it should be fine. Of course, I use Ala Moana beachpark shower, so my standards may be lower than yours
Haha - good to know there's another option just in case!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:18 pm

Also, those construction noises are from the 30th floor, can’t imagine it will get better as they work their way down.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by edgewood49
while you might have a case it's doubtful the renovation was clearly posted on their website. As an owner of a company that specializes in this type of work noise and inconvenience is the first and last discussion point at "pre construction" meetings. Having said that once when we were doing the same work on the Palm Beach Hilton the manager did stop our workers once do to a guest who complained she couldn't nap in the afternoon, Her room if anyone knows the Hilton PB was clearly on the other side of the property. Next day the manager said keep going I want you guys out of here, he got hit with "delay and disruption" claim!
If the renovation was posted on the website with specific days/hours, and upon arrival the hotel or contractor is working outside those previously disclosed hours, then a guest has a valid claim that should be addressed by the property.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:27 am

Also, those construction noises are from the 30th floor, can’t imagine it will get better as they work their way down.
Ugh - this sucks. This sounds weird but I wish there was a way to get a video or audio of how loud the construction is from the Edge pool? I don't care as much about if it's loud inside the hotel - we'd probably be out most of the day anyway. But if the noise takes away from our relaxation and enjoyment of the pool, that might be a deal breaker. Thank goodness our we can still cancel our rez.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:10 pm

Actually, we have some videos that we took yesterday while sitting on the lounge chairs at the Edge pool. By about 9:30am we had had enough and moved over to the family pool. I'll see if I can figure out how to get them posted later today.
no1cub17 and dagangwood like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.