Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Luv-2-Travel
My friend and I stayed at this hotel in July and we were given complimentary access to the Leahi Club Lounge on the 30th floor. He has Gold for Life status with SPG, and I have Silver status. Wonderful experience.
Just an FYI, but when Kelly Sanders was GM, he did offer Golds one complimentary visit to the lounge (your choice of breakfast or dinner) as a goodwill gesture and maybe give a little "taste of Platinum". Doesn't sound like that policy is in place anymore, but maybe it was in July? How many days were you there for? Anyhow, sounds like you got lucky in July as other than the one visit, lounge access wasn't usually granted to Golds.

Mr Sanders was a fabulous GM and instituted a lot of the Platinum recognition that made this hotel so fabulous and has been dwindling away since the merger. He reminds me a lot of Richard Chapman at the SGS. Sheraton Waikiki's loss is the Alohilani's gain.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Luv-2-Travel
My friend and I stayed at this hotel in July and we were given complimentary access to the Leahi Club Lounge on the 30th floor. He has Gold for Life status with SPG, and I have Silver status. Wonderful experience. This is why we came again for early January. We are here right now and they refused to give us complimentary access to the lounge again. This escalated to the night manager on duty, Ingrid Noda, who stated we were not supposed to have access to the lounge back in July and should not have it now. She offered to give us 50% discount on the $125 per night charge. My friend and I felt for good customer service, she should have offered the complimentary access this time but state not to expect it in the future as a gesture of goodwill. She was very cold and unpleasant. When we got to the room, there was a stand-up flyer posted from Jason Kim, hotel manager, asking for "what are we doing right?" and "what can we improve?" Kind of ironic considering how their manager on duty, Ingrid, is setting such a negative, customer unfriendly tone.

Regarding the construction, yes, it has begun. They have ropes and scaffolds hanging all along the ocean side of the hotel. The drilling noise can be heard between 9 am and 5 pm. It is not very nice to hear the noise if you want to take a daytime nap. They are focusing on the top floor. In fact, there is a sign posted in the lobby that anyone needing elevator access to the 31st floor should use the Diamond Head elevators.

In addition, all Wi-Fi internet access is unsecure. We are used to getting a homepage when first accessing the internet that requests the room number and last name on file. No such security nowadays.

Finally, the infinite, adult-only pool is amazing. Definitely one of the best features of this hotel!
So it appears they have started the concrete "spall" repair, that will take time and a lot of hammer drilling depending on how bad the spalls are. Note the Hyatt had a huge repair bill. I am surprised they are doing this in high season, normally summertime
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:52 am

Is this property a "resort" for late checkout purposes? I'm PPE and they would only provide 2pm not 4pm. They said 4pm checkout is not guaranteed.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Ringside
Is this property a "resort" for late checkout purposes? I'm PPE and they would only provide 2pm not 4pm. They said 4pm checkout is not guaranteed.
Being it's a block off the beach in Honolulu it's a resort. If their overly booked usually they will accommodate PP's request.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Being it's a block off the beach in Honolulu it's a resort. If their overly booked usually they will accommodate PP's request.
I don’t know about a block off the beach. You can throw your ice cubes into the ocean while lounging in the Edge Pool.

I’ve never had any issues getting late check out from this property. Usually, I have to vacate my suite and move to the room with a view of the air conditioners though. YMMV.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl

I don’t know about a block off the beach. You can throw your ice cubes into the ocean while lounging in the Edge Pool.

I’ve never had any issues getting late check out from this property. Usually, I have to vacate my suite and move to the room with a view of the air conditioners though. YMMV.
You must have one hell of an arm kid!! You might hit the coffee shop across the street and my favorite by the by
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: United 1K, 2 Million Mile member, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by edgewood49
You must have one hell of an arm kid!! You might hit the coffee shop across the street and my favorite by the by
The only thing that separates the Edge pool and the ocean is a 3 foot walkway. I think you may be thinking about a different hotel. The Sheraton Waikiki is an oceanfront hotel.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by spgplatfromchitown
The only thing that separates the Edge pool and the ocean is a 3 foot walkway. I think you may be thinking about a different hotel. The Sheraton Waikiki is an oceanfront hotel.

Sorry I was thinking the Sheraton P Maybe I need to drink more Margarita's

Last edited by edgewood49; Jan 15, 2019 at 9:43 am Reason: more info
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I have a current late April 7 night booking with Marriott Waikiki with old cat 8 certificate. I also have a Sheraton Waikiki booking which I can attach a new Cat 6 certificate to.

Which one is better in terms of experience, considering this is first time at Oahu and we have 2 small kids + wife coming together? It looks like Sheraton is better than Marriott but the construction may cause issues?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Just back from SW. According to front desk staff, current renovation of entire hotel may last up to two years.

We stayed at 22nd floor and did NOT hear any noise from construction works on the top floor.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by dagangwood
Just back from SW. According to front desk staff, current renovation of entire hotel may last up to two years.

We stayed at 22nd floor and did NOT hear any noise from construction works on the top floor.
It appears from that comment that the ownership is finally renovating the way it should have been done along time ago and not piece meal like the Hyatt.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just heard from a friend (who is eligible to use the gov't rate):
The Military rate at all SPGs was free of resort fees, until now!!!! Emailed GM about this and he said MR will fine all Hotels not charging the resort fee the daily amount of the fee.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:49 am

Now that sucks I might email Marriott and ask that question is the GM correct or covering ?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You've got to be kidding me. Was this in writing?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
You've got to be kidding me. Was this in writing?
I'm checking with him and will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.