Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Second stay here this week, 3 nights and 2 nights with a 1 night stay at the Moana Surfrider in between (I like their lounge). Upgraded to a Kai Suite on both stays (and Tower Suite at the Moana). The strike disruption is much less noticeable at the Sheraton than at the Moana as the protesters can only get near the guests from the beach and the walkway in front of the Edge Pool is closed. The lounge is still available and is fine for the evening service. (I do hate drinking wine out of a plastic cup though!) Breakfast is very poor as there is no hot food.

I miss all the regular personnel like Jones, Sara, Stanley, Stefan but haven't run into any of them on the picket lines.

Sheraton Waikiki has stopped using the wristband keys, which I loved! Apparently there was a day when all the wristbands stopped working at once. You can imagine a 1000 room hotel and no one can get into their rooms. So they are suing the wristband supplier and have reverted back to the key cards.

Also, noticed that the GM has changed from Tomo Kuriyama to Tom Calame.

M, have they started on the room refresh ?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by edgewood49
M, have they started on the room refresh ?
Not that I’m aware of. Per my original post, it was scheduled to start in Nov. I can’t see them starting early with the strike going on. I imagine most construction people are unionized and wouldn’t cross a picket line.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Not that I’m aware of. Per my original post, it was scheduled to start in Nov. I can’t see them starting early with the strike going on. I imagine most construction people are unionized and wouldn’t cross a picket line.
That will depend on the contractor if they get a mainland one chances are they are non union and that is becoming more the norm in the islands. For us we would have to honor the lines. Then there is the cash position with the strike
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just heard that renovations have been postponed to Jan 7th due to the strike.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, 2 Million Mile member, SPG Plat
Jones is missing! Anyone know where he is?? We've been here since Jan 2 and still no sign. Staff at the infinity pool are hush hush. We are so disappointed because we always look forward to seeing him. ANyone with info please let us know!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spgplatfromchitown
Jones is missing! Anyone know where he is?? We've been here since Jan 2 and still no sign. Staff at the infinity pool are hush hush. We are so disappointed because we always look forward to seeing him. ANyone with info please let us know!
Oh no! His normal days off are Sun/Mon. (I know, I spend way too much time here.)

Take a stroll over to the Alohilani. You might find him there. I know Kelly Sanders was trying to lure him away.

Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Ambassador;Lifetime Titanium; IHG Spire Elite; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist
I just texted him, though Margaritagirl is totally correct about his normal schedule. I’ll keep you posted if I learn anything.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Any signs (or sounds) of the room renovation project? I just spoke to the front desk and they said that it is beginning today and will be a 2.5-3 year process, with 200-300 rooms out of service at a time. She said the hotel will be "impacted" and work will occur from 8am to 5pm.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:36 pm

Jones

Found out what happend to Jones but cannot post it publicly. You may PM me if you are interested.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:38 pm

they started work a few days ago on the oceanfront outside the second floor. Huge rafters with ropes dangling from the rooftop. Nothing huge yet.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:41 pm

anyone interested in going to bat for Jones please email the hotel to let them know how much he's made a difference in your stay and choice. A few of us (frequent guests) at the hotel are sending letters to the hotel with our thoughts. It would mean a lot to him, I'm sure.
margarita girl and Zelucifer like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:48 pm

Any details on the renovations? I am considering a stay in May, but if the property is going to be significantly affected, I may be better off elsewhere.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Any details on the renovations? I am considering a stay in May, but if the property is going to be significantly affected, I may be better off elsewhere.
nothing major yet. just some outside work now. no noise.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Any recent experience with current benefits for Marriott/SPG Gold member?
Any discount on food/parking/club access?

Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: United Gold; Marriott Platinum
My friend and I stayed at this hotel in July and we were given complimentary access to the Leahi Club Lounge on the 30th floor. He has Gold for Life status with SPG, and I have Silver status. Wonderful experience. This is why we came again for early January. We are here right now and they refused to give us complimentary access to the lounge again. This escalated to the night manager on duty, Ingrid Noda, who stated we were not supposed to have access to the lounge back in July and should not have it now. She offered to give us 50% discount on the $125 per night charge. My friend and I felt for good customer service, she should have offered the complimentary access this time but state not to expect it in the future as a gesture of goodwill. She was very cold and unpleasant. When we got to the room, there was a stand-up flyer posted from Jason Kim, hotel manager, asking for "what are we doing right?" and "what can we improve?" Kind of ironic considering how their manager on duty, Ingrid, is setting such a negative, customer unfriendly tone.

Regarding the construction, yes, it has begun. They have ropes and scaffolds hanging all along the ocean side of the hotel. The drilling noise can be heard between 9 am and 5 pm. It is not very nice to hear the noise if you want to take a daytime nap. They are focusing on the top floor. In fact, there is a sign posted in the lobby that anyone needing elevator access to the 31st floor should use the Diamond Head elevators.

In addition, all Wi-Fi internet access is unsecure. We are used to getting a homepage when first accessing the internet that requests the room number and last name on file. No such security nowadays.

Finally, the infinite, adult-only pool is amazing. Definitely one of the best features of this hotel!
dagangwood likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.