FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   CLOSED (for demolition) May 31 2022, Sheraton Cleveland Airport, OH [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/464551-closed-demolition-may-31-2022-sheraton-cleveland-airport-oh-master-thread.html)

lintemut Feb 2, 2003 7:20 am

CLOSED (for demolition) May 31 2022, Sheraton Cleveland Airport, OH [Master Thread]

Older hotel on Airport Property. Full service restaurant, no valet.

The staff was very friendly. As a platinum I was upgraded to a 2 room suite, it even had 2 bathrooms. I must say that was a first. The rooms were rather small but comfy. The decor was acceptable.

I was provided my platinum perk and put on the Business Club level which in this hotel is on the 1st floor. Refreshments are not served on the weekends, so I was given a voucher for breakfast in the hotel restaurant.

Restaurant staff was also friendly. They offered to upgrade my continental voucher to anything on the menu by applying the value of the voucher, $7, to the upgraded item. They also had an adequted buffet.

I paid $69 booking online with an AAA discount.

Conclusion - An average older Sheraton with good service. For the price I would have no problem staying here again.

kathnunley Jul 19, 2003 7:31 pm

I like the CLE airport Sheraton. I've stayed there several times. They have a separate parking area for the concierge rooms (which are on ground level - separate wing). Very convenient and very nice 2 room suites which I've gotten every time I've stayed.

ozflier Jul 20, 2003 2:57 am

I stayed there last year .The rate was great .We stayed on the July 4 holiday and services like a full breakfast were not available.However,you could not beat the easy access to the airport as well as the rail connection to downtown Cleveland.I would thoroughly recommend it .
Ozflier

GeneCMH Jul 21, 2003 9:50 am

Just stayed at the CLE Airport Sheraton Saturday night for a rate of 64.95.

Was upgraded to a decent suite in the Club Level wing. The room was good sized, with 1.5 baths. The decor could use a freshening along with the Sweet Sleeper Bed (but, those are coming soon). The Club loung was closed, however was given to certs worth $7 for conti breakfast or menu item.

First night parking is free, subsequent nights are $9/day. If platinum or staying in a business suite, then you are entitled to park in the VIP lot. Very easy and convenient.

Hotel has a fairly nice indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna. The workout room looked well equiped.

Restaurant (Amelia's) for breakfast was good. ALthough the service was kinda slow, but friendly.

ExpoTrac Jul 21, 2003 10:46 am

I've stayed at this property several times, most recently this past May. IMHO it must just meet the minimum criteria for a Sheraton, as the rooms are tired, small, and in serious need of renovation. I'm Gold and have never been upgraded to the concierge rooms so I can't comment on them. The parking has always been free when I was a guest, so I don't know about the $9 per night. They do give you a pass you need to use to get in and out of the parking lot.
We tried the breakfast buffet once. The service was slow and the food very lacking. There were only 4 hot items, the pastries/muffins were Otis Spunkmeyer in plastic wrappers, 1 type of cut-up fruit.
They do offer a shuttle to/from airport & I-X center. Although you can walk to the airport if you really want to, I've never seen a tunnel to the ticket counters!
If you don't have a car, you will be pretty much confined to the property.

I012609 Jul 21, 2003 10:53 am

I've stayed at this property over 100 nights this year...yes, for real. I'm working in the area and it has thus become my home-away-from-home.

If you are platinum you should get an upgrade to a decent suite with concierge access. They have a light breakfast set out in the morning and appetizers in the evening.

The workout facility is small but nice - three treadmills in the room and it is VERY rare that there is someone else in there at the same time I am.

The hotel is begining to remodel at the end of the month and as part of that the will be installing the new Sheraton Sleep Sweetly bed(I think that is what it is called). That will be a nice upgrade to the property.

The staff is really nice, and they are really good about offering the SVC promise.

This property is the closest hotel in CLE to the airport, and you can not only leave your Hertz car there but also have that as your pickup point and they will have it waiting for you there.

snorkmaster Nov 27, 2003 11:13 pm

Stayed at this hotel on the night before Thanksgiving.

I was upgraded to the aforementioned suite type with a sweet sleeper bed, offered the platinum amenity, and, as an added bonus, allowed to park for free during my trip.

The room was nothing to write home about in terms of decor, but I don't feel I have much to gripe about given the price I paid ($49) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

dinise Nov 30, 2003 8:33 pm

I stayed there the middle of July. I paid $89.00 during the work week and was upgraded to club level. I loved dropping off my hertz rent a car there with no drop off charge for gold members. The room was adequate. I was very comfortable. I found the staff very warm. I enjoyed walking to the airport the next morning to catch my flight. I would stay there again no problem.

rrz518 Apr 26, 2004 3:35 pm

New look at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport

As posted last Friday in the Cleveland Plain Dealer

http://www.cleveland.com/search/inde...2692.xml?ocfli

It has been around for years, but the hotel at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is calling itself the "new Sheraton" as it puts the finishing touches on a $3.5 million renovation.

Over the past seven months, 242 guest rooms in the nine-story hotel at the entrance to the airport grounds have been systematically stripped down to concrete, redecorated and outfitted with new furnishings and fixtures.

Some of the improvements - like a top-floor lounge that overlooks the terminal and airfield - are accessible only to the hotel chain's regular customers. But the airport is hoping more travelers and guests use the hotel for dining, meetings or simply a place to relax and have a drink.

General Manager Cliff Lindemann said the hotel used local contractor Moran Construction, union labor, and many Cleveland-area products, including Sealy mattresses made in Medina and plumbing fixtures by Moen Inc. of North Olmsted.

choptliva Apr 26, 2004 5:37 pm

Having stayed in one of the renovated rooms, I must say it's not bad. When I was there a couple of months ago, there was no highspeed internet in the room (wireless or wired). Parking is free (be sure to get the ticket stamped). My only beef is that the restaurant is subpar. Food quality was dismal. Otherwise, a nice inexpensive stay.

rrz518 Apr 26, 2004 7:00 pm

Wifi

There is now WiFi throughout the hotel (Wayport).

schriste Apr 26, 2004 7:53 pm

I stayed here in January in one of the new rooms. They are a bit small, but otherwise pleasant. For $79 it was very good value.

MarshB Apr 27, 2004 1:12 pm

This is without a doubt one of my favorite Starwood properties. Alway upgraded, always reasonably priced. Wish I had more opportunities go stay there.

cawhite May 2, 2004 7:03 pm

I've had two opportunitites to stay there this year. First one was a bit of a disappointment as I"d reserved a non-smoking room and I checked in late enough in the evening that they didn't have anything but smoking rooms available, although the room was otherwise nice as it had been renovated. 2nd stay I was upgraded (without requesting) to the club floor and had a great stay! On the 2nd stay they also gave me access to the "VIP" parking lot in the front of the hotel with no charge.

choptliva Jul 15, 2004 3:04 am

Just finishing up a stay, my first since all the renovation was completed. WiFi works fine in the room. I'm only spg gold, so I don't really expect much of a recognition or upgrade (nor did I get any, other than the gold-colored check-in folder, :rolleyes: ). Was given a room on the fifth floor, three rooms from the end of a hallway. Not even acknowledgement that I'd stayed here before (six or seven months ago, I think). Have scheduled a couple more stays in the next two weeks. Will likely go through with that, since the only other *wood choice is downtown...