Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Cleveland airport [Master Thread]

Sheraton Cleveland airport [Master Thread]

Old Jan 21, 12, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Anyone else with recent updates on this property? I haven't stayed there for years, since long before the renovations. I see that despite the reno the reviews are a mix. In the few times I've stayed there in 2003, 2004, and 2005 I always got upgraded to one of the tired and dated suites on the ground floor. Since the Cleveland area is lacking sorely in Starwood properties, I only have a choice between this and the Akron property... And the Akron property looks nice but is 30 miles away...
I've had about a half dozen stays over the last year and have always been put on the 8th or 9th floor - where the lounge is located. Pretty basic / poor offerings btw. I used to get one of the suites on the ground floor but haven't been put over there for a few years now. I wonder if they're even occupying them - I never see anyone coming from that hallway.

Overall, pretty middle of the road hotel at best. Rooms are basic airport fare - nothing special or pleasant but a decent use of points vs dollar. Location next to the airport makes it convenient.
Old Sep 19, 12, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
My wife and I stayed here earlier in the week. UA booked the hotel for us on an overnight delay. Austin at the front desk was ^

He gave us a suite on the club floor. The room is an of oversized room that came with all the extra furniture you'd expect. The bed was comfortable. Same goes for the pillows. My wife thought the bathroom was small for a suite. Now that you mention it, it was small for a regular room. The club was on the small side. They offered late night snacks + free beverages. Timing prevented a visit at breakfast.

Can't complain. I'd go back.

dh
Old Jun 1, 13, 10:01 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Have any Plats stayed here recently? I will be heading out to Cleveland in a few weeks and I have heard good things about the staff here/how they treat Plats.
Old Jun 2, 13, 8:34 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fireworksboy View Post
Overall, pretty middle of the road hotel at best. Rooms are basic airport fare - nothing special or pleasant but a decent use of points vs dollar. Location next to the airport makes it convenient.
plus the have hertz onsite, so you can pickup and drop off your car their versus the rental facility.
Old Jun 2, 13, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), AA P, Marriott PP (LT PP), SPG P (LT P), HH G, and Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mindray View Post
Have any Plats stayed here recently? I will be heading out to Cleveland in a few weeks and I have heard good things about the staff here/how they treat Plats.
I stayed there about a month ago. The staff is very nice and recognized my status. I did not get upgraded to a suite but they did put me in a room on the club floor.

The hotel is nothing special but is probably the best option in Cleveland until the Westin opens downtown until later this year.
Old Jun 2, 13, 4:42 pm

Programs: ual(1K), dl(plat), spg(plat), swa, hh, Hyatt(diamond)
Stayed here once as a PLAT. not much in the way of benefit other than proximity to Airport.

but one must remember this is CLEVELAND
Old Jun 2, 13, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by troyintn View Post
plus the have hertz onsite, so you can pickup and drop off your car their versus the rental facility.
Which is huge! Saves at least 20-30 min round trip. And the hassle of bags, etc. Good point. ^
Old Jun 2, 13, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, SW, Hilton, , UAL plebe, AA plebe
Originally Posted by Wildfan88 View Post
Stayed here once as a PLAT. not much in the way of benefit other than proximity to Airport.

but one must remember this is CLEVELAND
And what do you mean by that???
Old Jun 3, 13, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mindray View Post
Stayed here a few weeks ago and they didn't go out of their way for me as a platinum. When I arrived I was flat out told no platinum upgrades were available and I was put in an outdated room on the 8th floor. Upon looking online I saw that there were suites avilable and called down to the front desk to ask why I wasn't given one. The front desk agent told me he had only looked at upgrates to the club floor and had "forgot" to look for suites. I was then upgraded into a suite on the 4th floor.

The club lounge was small and the breakfast fare was pretty standard. I'd be interested to hear if you have a different experience!
Old Jun 3, 13, 5:57 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by tantan220 View Post
Stayed here a few weeks ago and they didn't go out of their way for me as a platinum. When I arrived I was flat out told no platinum upgrades were available and I was put in an outdated room on the 8th floor. Upon looking online I saw that there were suites avilable and called down to the front desk to ask why I wasn't given one. The front desk agent told me he had only looked at upgrates to the club floor and had "forgot" to look for suites. I was then upgraded into a suite on the 4th floor.

The club lounge was small and the breakfast fare was pretty standard. I'd be interested to hear if you have a different experience!
I would think that they would continue to sell their suites as opposed to giving them away as upgrades.
Old Jun 3, 13, 8:21 pm

Programs: ual(1K), dl(plat), spg(plat), swa, hh, Hyatt(diamond)
Originally Posted by rrz518 View Post
And what do you mean by that???
MY Intent was to state that this Hotel is not too great. There was very little recognition of my Plat Status. The hotel is very tired.

I would recommend the Ritz-Carlton downtown - first class
Old Jun 4, 13, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Wildfan88 View Post
MY Intent was to state that this Hotel is not too great. There was very little recognition of my Plat Status. The hotel is very tired.

I would recommend the Ritz-Carlton downtown - first class
OK, but it seemed that your comment was concerning Cleveland, not the hotel. I'm sure there are less that stellar Starwood hotels in otherwise great cities, and vice versa, so I'm not sure how this particular hotel's location in Cleveland has anything to do with it's quality....esp given that there are plenty of great hotels there.

Last edited by rrz518; Jun 4, 13 at 12:06 pm
Old Apr 28, 14, 3:09 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel last time. It was inexpensive, and I got decent service. They didn't honor my room booking, but CS took care of that after the fact.
Old May 7, 14, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1 MM/ LTG, CX GO, US CP, SPG Platinum Ambassador, National EE
Does anyone happen to know if these "concierge rooms" located on a "separate wing" of the hotel still exist? My assumption was that they were pre-renovation. Also, has anyone been offered "VIP Parking" recently?
Old May 7, 14, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, American Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents Circle
I am unaware of Concierge Rooms, but there are rooms at the very end of each floor that give you a lot of room and a seating area, but are really special. They are a bit quieter as they are all the way at the end of the hall. They tend to save these rooms for people who stay there very frequently, or frankly, people who specifically ask for them.

As far as "VIP" parking, all that means is that they give you access to the front parking lot and you don't get charged for parking. I do request this each time and am given it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: