Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Cleveland airport [Master Thread]

Sheraton Cleveland airport [Master Thread]

Old May 31, 09, 11:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Basic with all others.
Talking Strangely Impressed

Just checked in for the first time at the airport hotel. Warning to those with GPS's. The airport address is the hotel address -- so if you follow your GPS you will end up in no-mans land. Just head to the airport and you will find it.

The lobby and entrance made me wonder if I had stumbled in to a time warp. I am a Hyatt Dimond - but since SPG happily upgraded me to a Plat I have been staying in Sheratons and Westins. However - none have had such a weird looking lobby. However - that is where the disappointment ends.

I checked in and the desk staff was more than friendly. They validate your parking (a $10 savings) and upgraded me a junior suite. They also gave me a voucher for the free full breakfast in the restaurant in case the 'continental' offered in the lounge wasn't to my liking. The lounge was closed for the evening by the time I got here - and I can't see inside.

Parking is close and the spaces near the hotel are plentiful. The room is a far cry from a Hyatt -- still good none the less. The bed is big and comfy but still an old tube set.

All in All a better than expected value for the price ($89/SUNDAY - MONDAY STAY). Oh - and I mentioned the flyertalk promotion at the front desk and the staff were falling all over themselves to get bonus points for me. Very nice perk.

I will absolutely be staying here next time - especially considering I can now find it.

- Holly
Old Oct 2, 09, 10:31 am

Programs: MR Plat, SPG Gold
Starwood Trial Run

deleted but poster

Last edited by jadedinsider; Oct 13, 09 at 12:08 am
Old May 8, 10, 5:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Good airport hotel

Put up here for one night by United after weather disruptions. Hotel is located very close to the airport and has frequent shuttle service (available on demand at the Front Desk). The staff at the Front Desk is great - very friendly, and helpful with Platinums. No upgrades at check-in (didnt ask for one either) but was given a separate key for accessing the club lounge (all rooms on that level were sold out) and was also given a coupon for free breakfast.

Room service was great - had a spinach salad which was really very good. Menu also has pizza. The breakfast buffet seemed like a good spread and the omelets at the omelet station were excellent! ^ The club lounge is on the top floor and has views of the planes landing and taking off - visited it during off-hours (when it had only had some nutrigrain bars and some bottles of soda). Very pleasant stay overall with some great staff. Could have used new TVs in the room though! Would probably fit better as a Cat 3 - just a tad pricey at a Cat 4 if one intends to spend points.
Old Jan 6, 11, 10:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, Delta GLD UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thumbs down Did not recognize Platinum status

Originally Posted by kingsubbu View Post
Put up here for one night by United after weather disruptions. Hotel is located very close to the airport and has frequent shuttle service (available on demand at the Front Desk). The staff at the Front Desk is great - very friendly, and helpful with Platinums. No upgrades at check-in (didnt ask for one either) but was given a separate key for accessing the club lounge (all rooms on that level were sold out) and was also given a coupon for free breakfast.
I'm here tonight courtesy of Continental, and had almost an exact opposite experience. Presented Plat card at check-in, but had to ask for amenity (was originally told I didn't get it since Continental was paying), had to ask for access to the club floor, did not receive an upgrade to club floor even though rooms are available, and definitely did not receive a coupon for a free breakfast. I'm guessing this is probably an education issue, but not one I want to deal with a midnight after hours of flight delays.

Rooms are small, tvs are old. Other than a place to sleep for a few hours, I wouldn't come back here.
Old Jan 7, 11, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by wizzy View Post
I'm here tonight courtesy of Continental, and had almost an exact opposite experience. Presented Plat card at check-in, but had to ask for amenity (was originally told I didn't get it since Continental was paying), had to ask for access to the club floor, did not receive an upgrade to club floor even though rooms are available, and definitely did not receive a coupon for a free breakfast. I'm guessing this is probably an education issue, but not one I want to deal with a midnight after hours of flight delays.

Rooms are small, tvs are old. Other than a place to sleep for a few hours, I wouldn't come back here.
Who booked and paid for the room? What was the rate plan?
Old Jan 8, 11, 6:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, Delta GLD UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by KENNECTED View Post
Who booked and paid for the room? What was the rate plan?
Continental. I was stuck due to mechanical, and they gave me a voucher. I did ask for a $0 invoice showing the stay, but I don't see my 500 pt amenity nor the stay listed in my "past stays" on spg.com

The hotel did say I should have received my platinum benefits, and offered compensation.
Old Mar 7, 11, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
I stayed here last weekend for a quick overnight before a 6AM flight out of CLE. The shuttle was waiting at the curb to take us to the hotel, and the checkin process was smooth. The room (was only gold at the time) was spacious, clean, and the refurb they did was really well done compared to some other refurbs I've seen at comparable Marriott properties.

I didn't get to enjoy breakfast due to the 6AM departure but the room service sammich we had before bed was delivered promptly and with a smile. All in all, I'd have no issue staying at this property again if I needed to be in close proximity to CLE.
Old Mar 7, 11, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, SW, Hilton, , UAL plebe, AA plebe
Originally Posted by Mackieman View Post
I stayed here last weekend for a quick overnight before a 6AM flight out of CLE. The shuttle was waiting at the curb to take us to the hotel, and the checkin process was smooth. The room (was only gold at the time) was spacious, clean, and the refurb they did was really well done compared to some other refurbs I've seen at comparable Marriott properties.

I didn't get to enjoy breakfast due to the 6AM departure but the room service sammich we had before bed was delivered promptly and with a smile. All in all, I'd have no issue staying at this property again if I needed to be in close proximity to CLE.
Cleveland Rocks! This hotel does a nice job as well.
Old Mar 7, 11, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
I live in CLE and have stayed at this hotel for early flights. They usually have C&P available, and also a discount on parking if you spend a night there, although I haven't used the discount parking since it is outdoors and I prefer to have my car in the indoor garage if I am gone for a while.
Old Apr 8, 11, 6:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat 2.3MM; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel

Checked-in this past Monday at 5:15 p.m. Checked-out Tuesday at 9:00 a.m.

CHECK-IN
Check-in was flawless. ^ I was recognized as a SPG Platinum member and asked if I wanted the points for the Platinum Thank-You Amenity. I inquired about the procedure for the shuttle to the airport. I was told to come to the lobby 5-10 minutes before I needed to depart for the airport. I was told about access to the Club Lounge and its hours.

ROOM
Reserved: King Corner Room
Received: King Corner Room
The room "appeared" to have been recently refurbished but some items needed attention. TV was not flat-panel. Pull-out sofa was very dated (covered in black velour fabric) and did not match the rest of the furniture. The room was VERY spacious but the layout had the foot of the bed facing the entry door. So, when you set up in bed you were looking right at the door. I can't ever remember a room layout like this. Desk was nice-sized and internet speed was good. This particular corner room offered only space. The view out the window (corner room but windows on only one wall) was the roof of the lobby area.

BATHROOM
Tile appeared to be new but the wallpaper had several marks on it. Toiletries on the vanity: Bar soap (1), shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion. No toiletries at the shower/tub so if you use bar soap you'll need to "share" the one for the sink. The bathroom was clean except the paper coasters under the glasses in the bath were curled and discolored. Good water pressure.

BAR / RESTAURANT
Both looked nice and I was told they had remodeled about 8 months ago. Did not eat at the restaurant but did have drinks at the bar. Service was friendly and quick even later in the evening when the bar itself was crowded. Unlike the rooms, the bar had flat-panel TVs with HD. ^

CHECK-OUT
Check-out was also flawless. I was asked if I needed the shuttle to the airport. I said yes and it arrived three minutes later. Driver helped with the luggage and was very friendly.
Old Jun 10, 11, 9:37 am

Just back from this hotel.

Rooms a bit tired, usual mildew smell for Cleveland in warmer weather. All staff friendly, lobby bar & restaurant OK. Super convenient.

I had initially reserved the room C&P for $30 + 1600 but after some research I was able to win the room on Priceline for $44 ++. Not bad.
Old Jul 17, 11, 11:26 am

I'm not exactly sure, but I think I've stayed at this hotel about 30 nights this year. I recently earned plat status and will be heading back in a couple weeks for my first "platinum experience" there. Here are my comments on this hotel based on my stays thus far:

The hotel is an older building, but was recently renovated, so the lobby and bar area are pretty nice. Like a lot of other Starwood properties, this is a franchised location operated by another hotel group.

The checkin process is typically very fast and friendly. I've been upgraded to the Club Floor a couple times and to a large suite one time. The suite was very dated (pics here) both in its decor and fixtures; they need to fix that at some point.
The standard rooms are nice and have recently been fitted with flat screen TVs.

The elevators require a room key to go to any floor that has rooms. It's not an issue for me since I'm so used to it, but it never fails when a first-timer gets in that they're puzzled as to what they need to do.

There's a restaurant downstairs, but they offer the full menu at the bar as well. The food is very average, but expensive. I've had a few $50 dinners here that were pretty bad.

The wireless internet is average in speed except for the peak times of the evening when it absolutely crawls.

Overall the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel is just that...an airport hotel. It caters to the biz traveler and is typically pretty full (if not 100%) during the week. The shuttle between the airport and the hotel runs every 10 minutes and is very convenient.
Old Jul 17, 11, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, SW, Hilton, , UAL plebe, AA plebe
Originally Posted by longhorn59 View Post
I'm not exactly sure, but I think I've stayed at this hotel about 30 nights this year. I recently earned plat status and will be heading back in a couple weeks for my first "platinum experience" there. Here are my comments on this hotel based on my stays thus far:

The hotel is an older building, but was recently renovated, so the lobby and bar area are pretty nice. Like a lot of other Starwood properties, this is a franchised location operated by another hotel group.

The checkin process is typically very fast and friendly. I've been upgraded to the Club Floor a couple times and to a large suite one time. The suite was very dated (pics here) both in its decor and fixtures; they need to fix that at some point.
The standard rooms are nice and have recently been fitted with flat screen TVs.

The elevators require a room key to go to any floor that has rooms. It's not an issue for me since I'm so used to it, but it never fails when a first-timer gets in that they're puzzled as to what they need to do.

There's a restaurant downstairs, but they offer the full menu at the bar as well. The food is very average, but expensive. I've had a few $50 dinners here that were pretty bad.

The wireless internet is average in speed except for the peak times of the evening when it absolutely crawls.

Overall the Sheraton Cleveland Airport Hotel is just that...an airport hotel. It caters to the biz traveler and is typically pretty full (if not 100%) during the week. The shuttle between the airport and the hotel runs every 10 minutes and is very convenient.
The lobby/bar/restaurant re-do are quite snazzy.

The hotel is walkable from CLE; simply go up the escalator smack dab in the middle of the ticket lobby, as if you are headed to the onsite parking decks. Proceed all the way through, till you can't go any further. Take the elevator to the first floor, and look to the left, and you'll see the back door (not a service door, rather a proper door) and you'll be in.
Old Jan 18, 12, 1:47 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
This hotel what poor service web I visited in December. I arrived in the evening for a job related trip and was accompanied by many Airline Delay customer who were getting a free stay.

The staff did not open or honor the Gold/Platinum Line. It was ridiculous.
Old Jan 21, 12, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Anyone else with recent updates on this property? I haven't stayed there for years, since long before the renovations. I see that despite the reno the reviews are a mix. In the few times I've stayed there in 2003, 2004, and 2005 I always got upgraded to one of the tired and dated suites on the ground floor. Since the Cleveland area is lacking sorely in Starwood properties, I only have a choice between this and the Akron property... And the Akron property looks nice but is 30 miles away...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: