Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

CLOSED (for demolition) May 31 2022, Sheraton Cleveland Airport, OH [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLOSED (for demolition) May 31 2022, Sheraton Cleveland Airport, OH [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2004, 4:40 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Got Upgraded this time!

Much better luck this time around. Got upgraded to club level. Nice room, much larger. Service continues to be good.
Now I'm much happier about my (yet another) upcoming stay at this hotel!
^
Old Apr 21, 2005, 2:32 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Question Are all the renovations completed?

Folks,
Last summer the hotel had gone through some impressive renovations, but some parts (eg the lobby) were still to be done. Does anyone know if all that has been finished and what it looks like now? Will be heading out that way again in a couple of months. Wonder if anyone has updated info. Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2005, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, AA Gold
Sheraton Cleveland airport [Master Thread]

Great hotel! ^ Got an upgrade to the executive floor, front desk was great, all employees were courteous and friendly, bed was comfy, restaurant food was high quality and my room was very clean.

In 2005 I switched to Hilton (comped to Gold) since my SPG Gold status expired. If I got treated this way every time, I'd definitely come back to SPG!

So was this some type of fluke, or are people just nicer in Cleveland?
Old Aug 23, 2005, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AAJunkie
Great hotel! ^ Got an upgrade to the executive floor, front desk was great, all employees were courteous and friendly, bed was comfy, restaurant food was high quality and my room was very clean.

In 2005 I switched to Hilton (comped to Gold) since my SPG Gold status expired. If I got treated this way every time, I'd definitely come back to SPG!

So was this some type of fluke, or are people just nicer in Cleveland?
I've stayed here twice and this property rates high and has always gotten good reviews here and trip advisor.

Off topic, but if we can only get starwood to concentrate on downtown as there is not one starwood property in the downtown area.

I know that the W has expressed interest in building a condo/hotel in the Warehouse district, which makes sense. And a buddy who is working with some local developers said that there will be a new build Westin & Sheraton for the new convention center. I understand the city is starting to market the city as a "destination" working with various properties of all chains. I totally think this is a cool thing.

And as a NYer who relocated to Cleveland. YES!! The folks of this occasionally overlooked (I’m still trying to figure out why since there is a whole hell of a lot to see/do) city are definitely nicer. ^ ^ ^
Old Aug 23, 2005, 4:17 pm

As the opposite (former clevelander living in nyc, who spends a lot of time here talking up cleveland) I am also excited about prospect of a W and/or Westin. The old Sheraton downtown was CRAP. I just wish they could get a W up and running before my wedding next summer!
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
choptliva,

sorry to resurrect an old thread. I am at this hotel now, using the (not-free) wifi.

it's still 1979 in the lobby

once again my Plat non-status got me a generic room on check in despite booking two weeks ahead on the spg website. a short discussion got me a suite, but one on the first floor where it is also 1979 (or maybe 1977; I can't tell). the top/club floor looks nice in the hall, and the lounge is OK (except the booze is under lock and key and the "free breakfast" is cold cereal) but they did not have a room available on that floor. the buffet breakfast for $10 is lousy: powdered eggs, greasy pork by-products, cheap-junky pastries and waffly things. so I'm underwhelmed. Since there's nothing around here, I've been eating at the hotel restaurant. tonight's meal was pretty good, but the last two were mediocre. However, everyone here has been very pleasant, even when ordering dessert tonight threatened to devolve into a Monty Python-esque rendition of the "Cheese Shop" act.

these days the ONLY reason I stay at *wood properties while on business travel is the redemption value at fabulous resorts and glitzy international cities. the ten nights in Sydney for nothing were worth every crappy night at a (US) 4-points (non-US 4-points seem to be pretty nice places) or ratty old Sheraton (hi Winnipeg and Charleston!)

"automatically upgraded to the best-available room" is meaningless. It's the opinion of whoever is at the check-in desk of what's the "best-available room" which in every case is a standard plebian room. I always have to prod (nicely, I'll add) for some kind of upgrade. In my year as a Plat, I have had exactly two upgrades on probably 15 stays (yes, I'm unlikely to retain Plat, but I have no reason to care any longer), and they were at ratty old Sheratons. I spent eight nights at the W City Center Chicago, a hefty tab, last month, but the upgrade was simply to a slightly larger room. Apologies were, at least, offerend, along with a nice fruit plate and a bottle of Merlot, so it wasn't all bad.

I feel that my business with *wood is not valued.

I had more upgrades as a Gold

sorry to turn this into a Platinum rant. I'm a little annoyed that I spent most of the qualifying nights at the seedy Sheraton Winnipeg last year to make Plat, when I could have stayed at much nicer hotels for not much more, only to find that the status really doesn't amount to much besides a point bonus. beats a stick in the eye, I guess
Old Mar 5, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, United 1K
Just stayed at the Sheraton Cleveland Airport on a night-before-flight basis and thought I'd add 2 more cents...

I'll second the comments about the staff. VERY friendly and helpful, even the parking attendant at 5 AM went out of her way to help me!

The property is in the airport but not really connected to it like so many airport hotels, so you have to go outside in the Cleveland weather. They have a parking lot behind, which is free for guest nights and $11/night for airport parking. But the economy garage is RIGHT next door and is $10, so I'm not sure why anyone would use the Sheraton's lot!

The property is a little dated but clean and fairly nice. An attractive indoor pool was welcome. There's a main building with a half dozen or more floors and a secondary 2-story wing that looked less nice.

All in all a nice stay at a great price, and none of the usual airport hotel nastiness from the staff!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I am a big fan of the hotel, they have great rates on the weekends and an indoor pool that the kids like.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 12:28 pm

Sheraton Cleveland Airport leaving SPG. Why, and what will it become?

I just learned that the cleveland airport hotel is leaving spg, which is a shame, since it's really the only spg property that I use consistently now, whenever I visit family there. Does anyone know what this hotel is becoming?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 1:20 pm
Community Director Emerita

dch917, thanks for your first post on FlyerTalk to bring us this news. I've folded your post into the master thread, and updated the title. I've just checked the website, and found out it leaves the end of March. 5 months notice - that's as far in advance as I've ever seen.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Family and I stayed at CLE Airport Sheraton on Christmas Eve, 2008.
(We had a 6:45 am flt out of CLE....originally scheduled for 24-Dec, but cancelled.)

Anyway, I asked the two very friendly ladies working the front desk if they knew how the property was going to branded after leaving Starwood.
They did not know but speculated that it would be Hilton since there is Marriott fairly close by (right off of I-71).
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:06 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Last time I looked this airport property was leaving *W the end of March. I was just going to book the one in Independence, and this one showed in the search.

Are they staying now?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA
Last time I looked this airport property was leaving *W the end of March. I was just going to book the one in Independence, and this one showed in the search.

Are they staying now?
I just called them and they said they are now staying *W.
Old May 13, 2009, 5:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

Check this thread for info on a 500 point promo being offered to FlyerTalkers thru the end of 2009.
Old May 13, 2009, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Overall I like the hotel, just wish SPG had some other properties in town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.