Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport YYZ [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport YYZ [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2006, 5:23 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by mario33
Does it mean the hotel does not have its own shuttle, and one has to take a 5min walk to Terminal 3 to take the airport shuttle to Terminal 2 ? Would it then be more convenient to stay at the 4P which which I assume would provide a shuttle from hotel to Terminal 2 ?

Another question I have is whether I would have to go through US immigration/customs at YYZ prior to boarding my YYZ-SFO flight, or do I clear US immigration/customs at SFO ? If its at YYZ, is there usually a long line (I am not American/Canadian) and how long before my flight do I have to check-in ?

Thanks.
As I recall, the hotel has a shuttle, but it's really useless (wasted an hour waiting for it last time, and it never came). The airport has its own transportation linking the various terminals, and they come VERY frequently. All you have to do, once you get to Terminal 3, is to cross the street and you're at the hotel (there's also a walkway so you don't actually have to "cross" the street). Very easy.

As for US Customs and Immigration. You do go through US immigration in YYZ. Usually long lines, etc. So I'd suggest going through security as early as possible. I'd NEVER try to go from YYZ to anywhere in the US unless I have three hours of transit time...but then I'm really paranoid about these things. But, IMO, better safe than sorry
Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Anyone know of the breakfast hours at the lounge ?

I have an early morning flight and would be nice to be able to start the day with a nice breakfast
Old Oct 5, 2006, 3:26 am

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by mario33
Anyone know of the breakfast hours at the lounge ?

I have an early morning flight and would be nice to be able to start the day with a nice breakfast

I think it is 6 am. Not open on Saturday or Sunday.

Casey
Old Dec 15, 2006, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CaseyN2
I think it is 6 am. Not open on Saturday or Sunday.

Casey
Just an info update- apparently the lounge is in fact open for breakfast on the weekends. Staying here tonight on the club floor, not too bad for the price...
Old Dec 16, 2006, 9:54 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Peatisback
Just an info update- apparently the lounge is in fact open for breakfast on the weekends. Staying here tonight on the club floor, not too bad for the price...
I think breakfasts starts at 6:30 am weekdays and 7:00 am on weekends. The lounge has been updated and does have one computer. The lounge also has WiFi.

Certainly a much nicer lounge than the Sheraton Centre YYZ.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 10:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jnswinnipeg
I think breakfasts starts at 6:30 am weekdays and 7:00 am on weekends. The lounge has been updated and does have one computer. The lounge also has WiFi.

Certainly a much nicer lounge than the Sheraton Centre YYZ.
Considering that many who stay at airport hotels have early flights to catch, an earlier start for breakfast would have been nice. I didnt get to use the lounge for breakfast.

Though the Sheraton Airport lounge is quite cosy; I thought the Sheraton Centre lounge is very grand, occupying the entire width of the building , high ceilings, full height windows and very impressive views on both sides of the lounge.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 2:04 pm

I wasn't awake for it, but the front desk said it opened at 6 on the weekend and stayed opened until 930. I was there for the tail end and it was open past 10am.

The breakfast was decent- several cereals, fruit, yogurt, juices, a frittata of sorts, breads, pastries, etc..
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
I've stayed here recently and enjoyed it. It's conveniently located, although arriving on a UA flight involves a train ride and few minutes walk. You definitely cannot beat the location if one requires easy airport access.

I was met with quite gracious welcome although I had to wait a bit for check-in due to a number of guests at the time and only three receptionists were onhand. My experience with the service was also limited since I didn't really use any other services given my early departure the following morning. My room was on SPG level and it was modern, and impressively spacious, except for the bathroom, which maintained old and cheaper tiles. I would have no qualms about returning to this hotel.

But you mentioned about actually touring downtown and if that was my case, I would choose a different hotel as a base.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
I've stayed there 6 times this year and recommend it. It's a little pricey and usually filled to capacity, so upgrades are tough to come by even if you want to pay for them. The lounge is solid and the staff is always very attentive and pleasant. The location is as convenient as it gets. I always look forward to my stays here and have never been disappointed.

One downside: the restaurant is extraordinarily expensive, so beware. You're better off to get food in the terminal or the lounge.

If you need an off-airport locale, the HI Select a few minutes away is very good and much better than the 4Pts.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 9:35 pm

I had a great stay here last Dec. on my way to LCA (Thanks again, rosj!). I had a great view of the airfield and the club was very nice. I agree that the restaurant is exorbiently expensive (and the food was honestly not that great). Service was great, and I loved the location- I easily checked in my bags several hours early, then went back to work out (somewhat decent gym) and have a shower before a leisurely stroll directly through security. The train ride was slightly annoying, but that's the worst I have to say about this property. At the time, I was able to get a $69 CAD rate only a few weeks in advance (on the special offers page).
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:52 pm

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
quick report

No problems.
Was recognized as gold, but no matter as had booked club room
Was asked for BCAA card to confirm for rate.
Was given a room NOT facing the runways, a bit disappointing...

Decent lounge feeds and such.
No plane noise, etc.
I'd stay again, worked out well.
Christian
Old Nov 9, 2007, 11:52 am
s3n

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Peatisback
I had a great stay here last Dec. on my way to LCA (Thanks again, rosj!). I had a great view of the airfield and the club was very nice. I agree that the restaurant is exorbiently expensive (and the food was honestly not that great). Service was great, and I loved the location- I easily checked in my bags several hours early, then went back to work out (somewhat decent gym) and have a shower before a leisurely stroll directly through security. The train ride was slightly annoying, but that's the worst I have to say about this property. At the time, I was able to get a $69 CAD rate only a few weeks in advance (on the special offers page).
What was annoying about the train?
Old Nov 9, 2007, 6:59 pm

Just having to ride all the way over there. A very, very minor inconvenience, though much, much better than most airport hotels.

Originally Posted by s3n
What was annoying about the train?
Old Dec 22, 2007, 12:29 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Just going to add my recent Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport review to the mix.
Old Dec 23, 2007, 5:06 pm

Stayed there many times. Always a pleasent experience. There was a good internal facelift about a year ago because a water tank on the roof burst and flooded half the rooms. Not sure if the flood was the reason, but we were upgraded to a mega room suite with a 60 flatscreen.

I've always stayed on the club floor, so I can't speak to other rooms. Club floor rooms are great. Soundproof. Club Lounge is excellent (news to me it's closed on weekends - maybe I haven't been there on a weeked lately).

Nice restaurant and lounge on main floor. Easy escalator right into into Terminal 3, where you can also catch a shuttle to Terminal 1. (Terminal 2 has been demolished).

All in all a great value hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.