Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport YYZ [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport YYZ [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Stayed here last night. Convenience is excellent for an early flight. Room on 8th floor was very dark and dated. So was the corridor. Runway view was nice, however. Mobile check-in actually worked here and I was able to get a key on the app without showing up at the front desk -- but I went to the front desk anyhow to get a real key and breakfast voucher.

Pool etc is closed but the gym is open.

As titanium I received a breakfast voucher good for $23+tax from the grab-and-go area usable 24/7 but for breakfast items (i.e. not booze). The bacon/egg/cheese english muffin was fine (I heated it in the nearby microwave for a minute).

Not much else to say - flew out of T1 this a.m. -- only one of the inter-terminal trains is working so it took about 12 minutes to get to T1 but still much better than dealing with an off-airport shuttle.
unclepants likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 8:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Had a quick overnight stay just before Xmas as part of an overnight layover at YYZ. This was actually my first stay here ever as I usually opt for the 4 Points just across the road which is usually much cheaper, however, given the room rate was only $150 and I had the kids with us, it was a no brainer.

Check-in took a bit longer than expected as the hotel appeared to be relatively busy. The breakfast amenity as mentioned above was $23+tax per person X2. The best part about it was you were able to use the credit for room service that evening which was perfect for a late evening snack given our early flight in the morning. The room was your standard Sheraton and had a decent view of the runway. All in all a solid quick overnight stay and overwhelmingly the most convenient option at YYZ.
Old Jan 15, 2021, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by habshabs444
Had a quick overnight stay just before Xmas as part of an overnight layover at YYZ. This was actually my first stay here ever as I usually opt for the 4 Points just across the road which is usually much cheaper, however, given the room rate was only $150 and I had the kids with us, it was a no brainer.

Check-in took a bit longer than expected as the hotel appeared to be relatively busy. The breakfast amenity as mentioned above was $23+tax per person X2. The best part about it was you were able to use the credit for room service that evening which was perfect for a late evening snack given our early flight in the morning. The room was your standard Sheraton and had a decent view of the runway. All in all a solid quick overnight stay and overwhelmingly the most convenient option at YYZ.
It's a solid property, IMHO.
I'm assuming the club lounge was closed, but did you at least get upgraded to the club floor (8th floor)? The amenities in the rooms are a bit better than the lower floors.

(I also prefer to stay at the FP across the road as well because of price)
unclepants likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It's a solid property, IMHO.
I'm assuming the club lounge was closed, but did you at least get upgraded to the club floor (8th floor)? The amenities in the rooms are a bit better than the lower floors.

(I also prefer to stay at the FP across the road as well because of price)
Our room was on the club floor but the lounge was closed. They did proactively offer me an upgrade to a suite but they didn’t have any with runway views so I opted for the regular club floor room instead given it was a quick stay.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by habshabs444
Our room was on the club floor but the lounge was closed. They did proactively offer me an upgrade to a suite but they didn’t have any with runway views so I opted for the regular club floor room instead given it was a quick stay.
Yeah, I like the runway views as well. I sometimes, unintentionally, end up staring at the airport runway/taxiway activity for a very long time.
IIRC, all the suites I've stayed in there (including the presidential suite - forgot the name of it... maybe "Pearson Suite"?) have been on the parking deck side... can't recall if they actually have any suites on the airport side. But that's my foggy recollection.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Yeah, I like the runway views as well. I sometimes, unintentionally, end up staring at the airport runway/taxiway activity for a very long time.
IIRC, all the suites I've stayed in there (including the presidential suite - forgot the name of it... maybe "Pearson Suite"?) have been on the parking deck side... can't recall if they actually have any suites on the airport side. But that's my foggy recollection.
Not the "Governor General's Suite"?

David
Old Jan 16, 2021, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Not the "Governor General's Suite"?

David
Oh yes, that rings a bell! Or maybe I'm wanting to believe that it rings a bell. Honestly it's been awhile since I've stayed there since I already have a pad near downtown.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh yes, that rings a bell! Or maybe I'm wanting to believe that it rings a bell. Honestly it's been awhile since I've stayed there since I already have a pad near downtown.
Did a quick check back at this hotel's web site - 'tis the "Prime Minister's Suite".

David
Old Jan 16, 2021, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did a quick check back at this hotel's web site - 'tis the "Prime Minister's Suite".

David
Ha! Cool. There was one suite which had a separate/private service elevator entrance where your room service order would be delivered from! I forgot if it was the PM Suite, or the one where when you enter there's a large conference table.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ha! Cool. There was one suite which had a separate/private service elevator entrance where your room service order would be delivered from! I forgot if it was the PM Suite, or the one where when you enter there's a large conference table.
PM Suite:

Personally, I'd be more interested in the International Suite's dining area and parlour:

David
bizum likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PM Suite:

Personally, I'd be more interested in the International Suite's dining area and parlour:

David
Ah yes, if the first pic is part of the PM suite, then it's not the presidential suite IIRC. The PM suite is the one I was thinking of with the conference table right there in front of you when you enter, which is the first pic you have posted.

I now believe the International suite is the true presidential suite... with the dining parlour and all that you posted the pic of.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah yes, if the first pic is part of the PM suite, then it's not the presidential suite IIRC. The PM suite is the one I was thinking of with the conference table right there in front of you when you enter, which is the first pic you have posted.

I now believe the International suite is the true presidential suite... with the dining parlour and all that you posted the pic of.
But Canada has no prez...

David
Old Jan 16, 2021, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But Canada has no prez...

David
Lol you're absolutely correct.

But even in Canadia, we still call the "master" suite as the "presidential suite" even if we don't technically have one.
Even when we travel to a country that doesn't have a president, we still call them "presidential suites". Besides, it sounds more stately and refined to the ear, at least to me it does!
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:08 pm

Post renovation Fall 2021

Any recent experience in a renovated club room?
thanks
Old May 14, 2022, 12:01 pm

Any recent stays? I've stayed here once pre-covid/renovation, room was pretty dated/dark and club was ok. The main benefit I get is the 15 min drive to my appointments (would love to stay at the STR but peak traffic looks brutal)

PS Re: Elite benefits. Online it states "Welcome Gift: Platinum and above receive choice of 1000 Bonvoy points or local amenity..". But when I called, they confirmed breakfast plus Club room access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.