Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport YYZ [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Gateway Toronto Airport YYZ [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
This looks identical to the renos at the Sheraton Vancouver Guildford. I think they've done about a third if the rooms so far.

Wonder if this could this be a new Sheraton look?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:30 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Sheraton Gateway YYZ

Any good rates at this property. Looking for a friend of mine For April 4th. Rates are like 350.00 plus tax. Is this typical?
seems pricey. Anyway around this?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RZR
Any good rates at this property. Looking for a friend of mine For April 4th. Rates are like 350.00 plus tax. Is this typical?
seems pricey. Anyway around this?
I'm (probably) going to be staying there May 11... pricing for then is $230. I get a corp rate of $197. Give them a call.

Does anyone know if the actually charge the extra person rate for kids? I'll have a 3-yo and a 5-mo with me. Seems unconscionable that they'd charge an extra $40 for them. I'm from Vancouver and usually stay in the Fairmont YVR and they set up a crib, a diaper genie, and give us kid's toiletries and even a little stuffy... makes us feel welcome. This $20/pp charge... not so welcoming for families. I'll try and sneak them in.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by ride red
I'm (probably) going to be staying there May 11... pricing for then is $230. I get a corp rate of $197. Give them a call.

Does anyone know if the actually charge the extra person rate for kids? I'll have a 3-yo and a 5-mo with me. Seems unconscionable that they'd charge an extra $40 for them. I'm from Vancouver and usually stay in the Fairmont YVR and they set up a crib, a diaper genie, and give us kid's toiletries and even a little stuffy... makes us feel welcome. This $20/pp charge... not so welcoming for families. I'll try and sneak them in.
You could call the hotel and ask if a 3yrold/5mthold kicks in the extra person charge. You don't need to say you already have a reservation. Say that you're thinking of staying there. You also want to find out if there's a charge for a crib or pack-n-play.

Cheers.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ride red

Just get a two bed room and check in by yourself with your spouse and kids out of sight. No need for the hotel to know details unless you are requesting a rollaway, crib or other special services.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Thanks for the responses...

Well, I called... and they said they don't charge the extra. I was told just to book a room with two beds and put two adults in the occupants field... and everything would be fine when I arrived. The person that helped me said that they don't charge it, but it was part of the new Marriott system. Which seems odd, because it's not like every Marriott charges - clearly there's a way to toggle the extra person charge on and off for any given property. But in any case, it's nice to get to avoid sneaking my kids in.

Unfortunately, I bet there's a fair number of people just paying it. Hopefully this info helps someone in the future.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone have an e-mail contact for this hotel?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:32 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
PM

Originally Posted by eyeball1
Anyone have an e-mail contact for this hotel?
PM on its way.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Before I make a reservation here I'm wondering if someone could tell me if this hotel is inconvenient for Terminal 1 (we'll be flying United back to the US). I know there is a tram that goes from T3 to T1, but would we be better off staying at any other off-site hotel that has a shuttle that would take us directly to Terminal 1?

We have an early 7 am flight.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 3:41 am

Much better staying here. The train is basically attached to the hotel entrance. To get to T1 will take you no longer than 10-15 minutes.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
I stayed at this hotel Saturday night after we had a misconnect forcing an unplanned overnight in Toronto. I have 3 kids and we usually put them in a room with 2 doubles and my wife and I get a second room with a King. But the hotel only had king rooms and they offered a rollaway. It was so late and we were so tired I asked my 13 year old son if he would “take one for the team”. He said yes.

Some “rollaway”. It was awesome. Practically more comfortable than my King. Real mattress.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
Actually, the Link Trains that run between terminals have a maximum waiting time of 4-8 minutes depending on time of day and they run 24/7:

https://www.torontopearson.com/en/tr...nal-link-train

As mentioned, the station is at the entrance of the hotel, one level up from the lobby level.. It is a very short ride to Terminal 1 from Terminal3/Sheraton.

Living in Toronto, whenever I have a really early flight I always stay at this property to avoid hassles of getting to the airport in time and I almost always fly out of Terminal 1. Trust me, depending on an off-site shuttle is no advantage. You can quite validly book other hotels based on price, amenities, etc., but for convenience this one wins hands down.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:09 am

Yes, will do (didn't realize I hadn't responded yet)...I have a 35K Chase certificate which will be put to good use here.

Also, for a 7 am flight what time would you recommend starting the journey knowing we'll have to go through immigration, etc.?

Last edited by Eujeanie; Aug 20, 2019 at 2:25 am
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
There is actually a whole thread devoted to the time needed to clear everything on the way to the USA at Pearson:

YYZ / Toronto Pearson Customs Preclearance to USA
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital
There is actually a whole thread devoted to the time needed to clear everything on the way to the USA at Pearson:

YYZ / Toronto Pearson Customs Preclearance to USA
Thanks, that was very helpful. We were recently in Calgary and our INCOMING was horrendous - I swear 2 hours to get through. Part of the problem was they held up our line while they let wave after wave of incoming from London and Asia, when they finally let us through (from Seattle) it must have been almost 2 hours to get through the whole thing.

When we were leaving Calgary we again had a 7 am flight and the FDA at the Delta Hotel in the Airport scared the you know what out of us...you MUST get a 4 am wake up call, you MUST be in line by 4:30...well, the problem was were flying Alaska and they didn't even show up until 5:30, an hour and a half before the flight, got through with no issues.

So I have no idea whether coming or going is worse, but we'll be prepared for both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.