Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection, Switzerland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 2:20 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Stayed here for 2 nights, a party of 3, and it seemed there are no rooms capable for 3 adults. Booked 2 rooms as a result (1 on points (for 2 adults) and 1 on C&P (which is configured for 1 adult only).

Check-in staff was very friendly and professional. I was given joining rooms on the SPG floor. The double room was a corner one with a balcony, and the single room was a shoe-box with a single bed only. The double room was at least twice as big as the single room. You can argue the double room is a junior suite. A bottle of water was given each day and there're free apples available at the hotel entrance so you can keep your dentist away.

As mentioned, the hotel is at a decent location, one block away from the lake and a couple of blocks from the main street and among many offices. I won't have problems staying here again, although I haven't looked at the cash price, but everything in Switzerland is expensive anyway!
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Anyone have any recent update on the renovations being done here? I see that they are closed for the months of July and August. I am considering booking a couple nights on September 4, but am worried what might happen if renovations are not complete. Wouldn't want to get my reservation canceled and be at the mercy of finding last minute rooms someplace else.

Any thoughts?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by troyb
Anyone have any recent update on the renovations being done here? I see that they are closed for the months of July and August. I am considering booking a couple nights on September 4, but am worried what might happen if renovations are not complete. Wouldn't want to get my reservation canceled and be at the mercy of finding last minute rooms someplace else.

Any thoughts?
Hey, sorry no answers for you but, ironically, I was considering a September 5-7 stay with the same concerns.
Also quite a few horrible reviews for Plat treatment. Would anyone book the 4 Points instead, using your free weekend nights? Seems downright shameful to use the Free Weekend nights on a 4 pts but am open to suggestion.....
Old Aug 8, 2009, 11:40 am
Suspended

I was told that re-opening is scheduled for September.

Four Points very nice but also no big Platinum benefits (i.e. no free breakfast, no lounge) but nice new hotel, free inroom Internet and free local calls.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 4:12 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Any updates on renovation progress? I have several reservations for early September.

I've asked several Platinum Concierges about this and they all tell me "my system still lets me book rooms for September 1 so I am sure you'll be ok." Well, what happens when I find out at the last minute that the hotel simply forgot to adjust their inventory? What happened to Platinum Concierges who would actually go above and beyond???

I've called the hotel - no one answers. I've also fired off an email to the property but have not yet received a response.

Any thoughts?
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:52 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
I've called the hotel - no one answers. I've also fired off an email to the property but have not yet received a response.

Any thoughts?
Hi troyb,

Which email address did you write to?

Mind if you forward a copy to me?

Thank you.

[email protected]

Thyetus Lee | Online Forum Coordinator(AP)
Starwood Customer Contact Centre (AP) Pte Ltd
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Just spoke to the hotel, they are open and up and running.

I am also thinking what to do...4P or this one...hard to tell. Anybody want to try and post a review please ?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Hey, sorry no answers for you but, ironically, I was considering a September 5-7 stay with the same concerns.
Also quite a few horrible reviews for Plat treatment. Would anyone book the 4 Points instead, using your free weekend nights? Seems downright shameful to use the Free Weekend nights on a 4 pts but am open to suggestion.....
As a platinum received upgrade to Suite (chose points, but tin of 4 Lindt choclotates, bottle of water and some slices of fruits in room) on 3rd floor opposite lifts. From Central Train station take Tram 13 to Sihlcity North stop - hotel is directly across the road. Starbucks, several restaurants and burgerking within 50 metre walk outside hotel (turn left leaving hotel).
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:47 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Originally Posted by Club_IC
As a platinum received upgrade to Suite (chose points, but tin of 4 Lindt choclotates, bottle of water and some slices of fruits in room) on 3rd floor opposite lifts. From Central Train station take Tram 13 to Sihlcity North stop - hotel is directly across the road. Starbucks, several restaurants and burgerking within 50 metre walk outside hotel (turn left leaving hotel).
I am pretty sure you mean the 4P and not the Neues Schloss ?

As for Neues Schloss, it appears that award availability refers to a single (!) room only, of which they still seem to have a few. Well, a no-go, then.

Used my last FN award for the 4P instead, who happily pre-upgraded to a Jr. Suite already ^
Old Sep 6, 2009, 7:08 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by banzani
I am pretty sure you mean the 4P and not the Neues Schloss ?

As for Neues Schloss, it appears that award availability refers to a single (!) room only, of which they still seem to have a few. Well, a no-go, then.

Used my last FN award for the 4P instead, who happily pre-upgraded to a Jr. Suite already ^
I was talking about the Four Points, further to the previous question.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 7:35 am

Any updates on renovation progress? I have several reservations for early September.

I've asked several Platinum Concierges about this and they all tell me "my system still lets me book rooms for September 1 so I am sure you'll be ok." Well, what happens when I find out at the last minute that the hotel simply forgot to adjust their inventory? What happened to Platinum Concierges who would actually go above and beyond???

Any thoughts?
I'm eager for the renovation, as this is probably my least favorite Starwood when traveling in Europe. Nit I have had in the past (aside from poor bathrooms) is that 24 hour room service wasn't available. If I'm visiting 7 cities in 5 days, chances are I'm not getting to any property much before 10p. In London or Paris this isn't a problem, but at this property I recall food options being almost nonexistent. I recall having cold soup and piles of bread because that's all they could assemble at a late hour (and it was raining, so the thought of heading out was not attractive).
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just finished booking a flight award trip which takes me to Zurich for two nights and find the Sheraton is available for Pts+Cash (4800+$90) but the Four Points is only available those dates as full award (12K!) or revenue (Euro280+!). The Sheraton is available for the same number of points and almost the same rate! Hope the renno will improve things.

Still, hoping the soon-to-be-announced Free Wkend Nts in the 4th Q will allow for redemptions here in January!
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:43 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Shareholder
...Still, hoping the soon-to-be-announced Free Wkend Nts in the 4th Q will allow for redemptions here in January!
You know, of course, the promotion you are referencing here is for the Asia Pacific region only, right?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
Thumbs down

For a cat 5 hotel, this place is really stinks (literally from the new paint smell in the room). I really hate new paint smell!!! When I got to the room, the workers left some kind of polish in the bathroom, which I have took to the front desk myself. I was upgraded to an "excutive room", which I thought it would be a decent sized room; of course not. At least my room is a king bed made up by two twins. I heard my neighbor calling front desk to complaint about hot water and the size of his room and his twin french bed. Location is decent, easy walk from Zurich Enge station (you can take the S-2 direct from the airport), or tram stop 6, 7, or 13 couple of short blocks away. I will give Zurich 4points a try in two weeks.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Do NOT use the automatic wake-up call

Post-renovation, it doesn't work - and the hotel knows about the problem, but there are no signs anywhere (front desk or in room) telling you to not to use the system. You must call the service number if you wish to wake up on time. DAMHIKT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.