Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Grande Lakes Orlando [Master Thread]

Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Time traveller
Effective Jan 20, 2014, this property has a $25 resort fee. (might be $20 for Marriott elites based on one report).

From the website: Daily resort fee of 25 added to room rate includes in-room Internet, theme park shuttle, resort activities and more! No details on the resort activities & more on the website, although a FTer reported yoga classes.
Self-parking is $18/day & valet is $25/day. Some reports of elites getting parking waived; can't hurt to ask.

Updated July 2017, as per hotel website, resort fee is $35 and parking $25/day for self-park and $32/day for valet.
Print Wikipost

JW Grande Lakes Orlando [Master Thread]

Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Checked in early due to our flight time. Upgraded to lake/pool view and the room was ready ^ Offered 500 points or parking, obviously took the parking. I was explained the resort fee and told it's only $20 due to me being elite. I hadn't seen that before, so that's nice.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
JW Grande Lakes Orlando

Just read that they opened a new restaurant at this hotel? Anyone been there recently and know where that one is located?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:49 pm
Suspended

JW Grande Lakes Orlando

Staying at this place during Memorial Day weekend. First time stay for me. Looking forward to relaxing on the lazy river.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Booked an executive lakefront for the family over new years. I've heard tales of being able to see Disney fireworks from the lakefront rooms. Can anyone comment on the executive suites and if I should ask for a specific location/floor?

Also, will the pools/lazy river be to cold to swim?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by tkey75
Booked an executive lakefront for the family over new years. I've heard tales of being able to see Disney fireworks from the lakefront rooms. Can anyone comment on the executive suites and if I should ask for a specific location/floor?

January in Orlando can be quite cold. New Year's Eve 2001 it was colder in Orlando than in Times Square. I was there for 5 days w/ my family and it was in the 30s during the day... We pretty much froze. Of course it can warm up too... Very hit or miss that time of year in Central FL... Good luck!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
FWIW I was in Orlando in New Years in 2015 and it was 90+ every day!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tkey75

I have stayed here several times in executive suites and always received a location near the top floor. Not sure if suites are also on the lower floors.

As far as the fireworks go, you can see them but they are pretty far off. Sort of takes away some of the "wow" factor.

the Marriott and RC complement each other very nicely. Be sure to take advantage of what each has to offer.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:13 pm

Mountain Bike Trail

Anyone try this? Resort fee includes 2xbikes/hour/day. Is the trail any good?

http://www.grandelakes.com/orlando-s...Trail-188.html
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Was upgraded to a Lakeview room. Offered 500 points or a $10 F&B coupon at check-in for the PAG.

Resort fee had $5 taken off nightly for elite status (so $30 per night instead of $35).

Self-parking charge of $25 per night was waived after asking whether they could do so.

Bike trail appears to be around the lake area per information inside the room.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 11:07 pm

any recent stay reports? from plat members?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by yerffej201
any recent stay reports? from plat members?
Stayed here last night, 1 night stay. Plat member.

Checked in about 2:15. Given the “one king room” that was available at that time. It was a streetside/parking lot view, relatively high floor. I don’t complain when I check in early and am given a room right away.

I did self parking which is supposed to be $25. Parking was comped, though the employee who checked me in didn’t say anything about it. But it wasn’t on the bill, so YMMV. Resort fee was $30 as a plat, instead of $35.

Room was nice, comfortable, I would frame it as, not the nicest JW, but not the worst either. I only paid $199 so I thought it was good value at that price.

My only dining on site was an overpriced cocktail at the pool ($17 with tax and mandatory gratuity) and the breakfast buffet. It was a good buffet, food was high quality and tasty. But, with tax and tip almost $40. It’s a resort, so no lounge and no free brekkie.

pool area was nice and looked like a lot of families there enjoying it. I would view this as a good spot to hang out and relax, understanding you are going to pay through the nose for everything since it is a resort.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm new to Marriott so I brought SPG expectations to this stay...and probably shouldn't have, but all in all, it wasn't so terrible, but I honestly thought a JW Marriott was a more luxurious experience. Was at the hotel with a large meeting group, so our rate plan included (we thought) free self parking, and resort fee was voluntary, When I checked in on the mobile app, the app showed parking as free - but it was charged, however we had it removed at check-out. No resort fee, but that also meant no pool floats for free - but no big deal, there were always empties floating around later in the day.

The rooms and bathroom definitely looked old and tired to me - not what I would call luxurious at all, but still not so terrible given the probable wear and tear for rooms in this area. Location was good - 20 minute toll-free drive from/to the airport, easy access to downtown and local restaurants, and we loved the huge pool.

Being new to Marriott from SPG, some things were strange - no club, no free breakfast, but we received free enhanced wifi and 2pm check-out.

Prices for the breakfast buffet were outrageous - this is almost Four Seasons territory for cost, and the poolside food/drinks were equally overpriced, but certainly optional, so we skipped all onsite food except what was catered for the meeting. Unfortunately for my pants, I discovered Culver's down the road about 10 minutes and needed a few laps around that pool without a float to undo the damage from those fried cheese curds.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:05 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Unfortunately, with Marriott hotels designated as "resorts" don't have to provide the free breakfast amenity or the 4PM guaranteed checkout time. But on the good side, I do believe that will be changing come August 1st (with the full merging of the SPG/MR/RC programs). A lot of Marriott resorts (especially those in NA) don't have lounges. My best guess is Marriott has traditionally thought of those as more of a draw for business travelers more so than vacationing/leisure travelers. So they have brand standards for their regular Marriotts/Rens, but not a requirement for resorts.

As a LT Marriott Plat, I stayed there last December for 7 nights (on an award) and was upgraded to a very nice and very large Grande Suite. As for how "luxurious" it was, I'm probably not the best judge of that. But I didn't have any issues or complaints. Though I was surprised to get evening turn-down service every night without ever having to ask for it. I will note that it turned cold for part of my stay. So my daughter and tried out the Jacuzzi with a waterfall. I thoroughly enjoyed standing under the very warm/hot waterfall in that Jacuzzi. I'd almost go back just for that alone.

My one real complaint is that they kept giving me lots of Taylor's Fairtrade tea. My wife tried it once I was back home and it has become her new favorite tea. It is a bit on the expensive side to purchase though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.