Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Main pool is free, everything else is ££ but you may be able to come to an arrangement at hotel checkin if you ask. The sauna is within the thermal spa/outdoor hydropool area which is wristkey-controlled. The main pool isn’t key-controlled. You’d need the hotel checkin to sort something out with the spa reception which gives out the keys.
Stewie Mac likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Main pool is free, everything else is ££ but you may be able to come to an arrangement at hotel checkin if you ask. The sauna is within the thermal spa/outdoor hydropool area which is wristkey-controlled. The main pool isn’t key-controlled. You’d need the hotel checkin to sort something out with the spa reception which gives out the keys.
I believe they now have a sauna that is free by the main pool. Should you wish you to have anything else you have to pay unless you book a club room in which case access is included.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:29 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I believe they now have a sauna that is free by the main pool. Should you wish you to have anything else you have to pay unless you book a club room in which case access is included.
Thanks both - I'll check and report back on availability of free sauna next week

So, I went to the spa reception and asked and was told indeed there is a sauna by the pool which is free for all hotel guests. I was actually upgraded to a club room, so would/should have got full spa access anyway, but as it turned out I went drinking early and then couldn't get out of bed at all the next morning so never made it....

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Oct 24, 2017 at 10:17 am Reason: reporting back post-stay
Old May 20, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Here now.

Breakfast for plats is either in the club lounge or 5 pound a day increase or a welcome amenity. Took the breakfast as amenity.

I was upgraded to exec level castle facing room. I have not tried the sauna but was told it was included - not sure if because I am plat or upgraded to club level .will report if I can figure everything out
Old May 21, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Here now.

Breakfast for plats is either in the club lounge or 5 pound a day increase or a welcome amenity. Took the breakfast as amenity.

I was upgraded to exec level castle facing room. I have not tried the sauna but was told it was included - not sure if because I am plat or upgraded to club level .will report if I can figure everything out
If your upgraded to a Club room you should have full use of the OneSpa at the hotel inlcuding the Thermal area. If you dont get upgraded to a Club room or suite being Plat doesnt get you any extra access at the Spa. You would still only get the main pool and sauna by the side of it, you would have to pay the daily charge for use of the rest of the OneSpa Thermal Suite.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:38 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Thank you.

Just doublechecked and you are right. Club level access gets everything including thermal spa .regular plat does not but spa reception said sometimes people can ask hotel guest services for special permission. Sometimes works, they said
Old May 21, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
May have a stay at this property soon so shall have to remember to ask!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:15 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I have an upcoming four-night stay here mid-next month. Any recent feedback on guest/Plat experience?

khabah
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:08 am
BCH

Just stayed there as a SPG 75. It's definitely a Sheraton (just with some Scottish tartan accents). Very polite, professional staff. Basic/decent lounge. If you don't have high expectations, you will have an enjoyable stay.

We did get free full access to the health center/ spa, as a Plat guest.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I had a terrific stay last September - breakfast in particular is very good. Will be returning here again in 2 months' time for my next summer visit to Edinburgh.

Believe the hotel email is grandedinburgh.sheraton@sheraton.com FYI
Old May 4, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: AC SE
Any recommendations between this property and the Glasshouse Autograph collection hotel nearby? Looks like the Glasshouse may be a more interesting/unique, but no club lounge. Any recommendations between the two options?
Old May 4, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by gcashin
Any recommendations between this property and the Glasshouse Autograph collection hotel nearby? Looks like the Glasshouse may be a more interesting/unique, but no club lounge. Any recommendations between the two options?
At opposite ends of Edinburgh but that doesn't really make a huge difference! If you have status for lounge access then I would go for this property, plus if you get upgraded to a Club room you get free use of the full One Spa which is a stunning benifit to have! I would pick Sheraton every time personally!
Old May 4, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Agree, Sheraton for the lounge. However, the Glasshouse is nice and in a decent location for a lively visit so would happily pick it if the price was significantly less.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Just completed a three night stay here - I had been back and forth between here and the Courtyard and as my stay got closer, the price came down here and I ultimately switched. It was still more expensive than the Courtyard, having never stayed at the Courtyard I can’t really say if it was worth it or not but I did enjoy my stay. We arrived at Haymarket station from the Marriott Glasgow and walked - I think the best route is to go down Morrison street; google maps took us a slightly more northerly way and then we ended up going uphill through some alleys to finally get to the hotel. It’s probably a ten minute walk to the station.

I was traveling with my father and had booked a two bed room; we were upgraded to the Club floor but nothing beyond a regular room; we didn’t have any particular view. The fellow who checked us in was really warm and welcoming and gave us two free drink chits for the lobby bar. We only made it to the lounge for happy hour one evening and found the staff very eager to assist us. There were a few bottled beers available and typical lounge snacks. The breakfast was minimal, I typically popped in there for coffee in the morning while waiting for my father to get ready but we always had breakfast in the restaurant. A BrewDog pub is located right out in front of the hotel; we enjoyed the beers there one evening and there are many other restaurants and pubs nearby.

The restaurant breakfast was good and included a small selection of made to order items including poached eggs and avocado toast. the first day, breakfast was completely overrun with tour groups and it was a challenge to get the made to order food. The following two days were better.

The room was nice and quiet, I thought all the finishes were nice and everything was clean. No mention was made of Spa access and I had no time to investigate it due to a lot of sightseeing. Speaking of, my father and I both wished we had skipped Edinburgh Castle and we much preferred Stirling Castle, a short train ride away and much less crowded with more to see. I really enjoyed the HMY Brittania, it was my second visit and I still found it interesting.

i had laundry done at LeMe which is an immaculately clean shop down the road from the sheraton. £11.95 for a small load to be washed and folded same day. Very nice service. I liked the location of the Sheraton since it was near the train and many bus lines. I would stay here again on a future trip to Edinburgh.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:00 am
tyn

Apologies if I missed this in a previous post, but does anyone have an email address for the hotel's reservation dept or general email address?
The grandedinburgh.sheraton@sheraton does not work.
TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.