Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Marriott Grand Chateau [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Marriott Grand Chateau [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: USAir Preferred, Marriott Platinum
Ya mean I wasnt the first to ask you that...ROFLOL
I bet you wish you had a nickel for each time you've been asked that.

The 79.00 rate is an out of this world price and I hope all involved enjoy it. You'll have to let us know how it is, cause I've got the 3/3 booked for July.

Off to look for that pic...Where shall I send it...LOL
Old Jul 13, 2006, 1:07 pm

Las Vegas Grand Chateau question

If anyone has stayed at the Marriott Grand Chateau timeshare property in LV, kindly advise me what is the difference between a "Deluxe Guest Room" and a "one bedroom"?

According to the property's own website, they have 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas. They list all of them has having living/kitchen areas with washer/dryers.

So, if I am only interested in a one night stay, and they are selling rooms labelled as "deluxe guest rooms", which is not an option on the rooms description for this property, then what exactly am I getting?
**Will it be just the bedroom half of a 2 or 3 bedroom villa without the kitchen or washer/dryer?

We are really just keen on having a nice room WITH a washer and dryer, since we only want to stay one night. (we are not interested in the timeshare spiel either!!)
Old Jul 13, 2006, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Amicus
If anyone has stayed at the Marriott Grand Chateau timeshare property in LV, kindly advise me what is the difference between a "Deluxe Guest Room" and a "one bedroom"?

According to the property's own website, they have 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas. They list all of them has having living/kitchen areas with washer/dryers.

So, if I am only interested in a one night stay, and they are selling rooms labelled as "deluxe guest rooms", which is not an option on the rooms description for this property, then what exactly am I getting?
**Will it be just the bedroom half of a 2 or 3 bedroom villa without the kitchen or washer/dryer?

We are really just keen on having a nice room WITH a washer and dryer, since we only want to stay one night. (we are not interested in the timeshare spiel either!!)
I can tell you exactly what this means.

The 2 bedroom is made up of a 1 bedroom full condo and a deluxe guest room put together. They are like connecting hotel rooms. If someone has a 1 bedroom, they close the connecting door and rent out the room as a deluxe guest room. This is called a lockoff.

The 1 bedroom will have the dining area, full kitchen, great masterbath etc. The deluxe room will be a larger than normal hotel room with a microwave and maybe a small fridge.

If you look at the floorplans, you will see what I am saying.

The three bedroom works the same way-a 1br and 2 deluxe guest rooms.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
. . .
The 1 bedroom will have the dining area, full kitchen, great masterbath etc. The deluxe room will be a larger than normal hotel room with a microwave and maybe a small fridge.

If you look at the floorplans, you will see what I am saying.

The three bedroom works the same way-a 1br and 2 deluxe guest rooms.

Hope this helps.
Thanks! Can you tell me where do I find the floorplans - - I don't see a link on the Grand Chateau website nor Marriott.

So, this may sound silly, but if the 1 bedroom (of a two bedroom villa) has the "full condo" features, including the masterbath, then does the "deluxe guest room" have the second bath (assuming that two bedroom villas all have 2 bathrooms)??
Also, the washer dryer is not in the locked off guest room, but in the condo side, so I won't have the washer/dryer??
Sorry for my confusion, I wish the Marriott site was clearer.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA, DL, AA, MR, SPG
If you want a room with a washer/dryer, you must get a 1 bdrm villa at a minimum. As Mr Vker posted, the deluxe guest room is the lock-off portion of a 2 bdrm unit, so it's basically a bigger hotel room with perhaps a mini-fridge, sink, and microwave. You might even want to book through a live rep rather than the website to make absolutely sure the unit you reserve has the w/d.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 4:03 pm

If I book a one bedroom, instead of the "deluxe guest room", should every unit have the washer/dryer? (it seems like that should be true . . . )

We are doing quite a bit of travelling and were trying to plan in advance for hotels with easy laundry access, thus the obsession with what a "guest room" means.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Check out:

http://www.vacationclub.com/resorts/vg/default.jsp

This is the Vacation Club website resort info-better than through Marriott.

Have fun!
Old Jul 13, 2006, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Amicus
If I book a one bedroom, instead of the "deluxe guest room", should every unit have the washer/dryer? (it seems like that should be true . . . )

We are doing quite a bit of travelling and were trying to plan in advance for hotels with easy laundry access, thus the obsession with what a "guest room" means.

Correct if you book the 1 bedroom (not deluxe guestroom) it will have a washer and dryer.

I agree its probably best to call just to make sure you get exactly what you want.

FYI: Vacation clubs are usually a great value when using Marriott Points-if they have availability.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Since this is the most recent thread about the Grand Chateau, I'll post here...
I have a "Your Exclusive Las Vegas Preview Package"
It says I have 4 days/3 nights for $198 (I already paid 99) and it includes a choice of two show tickets or 10,000 MR points and it "includes (i.e. must) a 120 minute preview of Marriott's Grand Chateau sales presentation".
I must stay by 6/20/07 (or extend it by another year, the salesman said I could do this by calling in).

Is this a good deal if I am already going to Vegas some time? Is it easy to get a room with this? Does it earn MR qualifying nights (3) and points (~2000) on the $$ spent?
Would you choose the 10,000 MR points or the show tickets? Thank you very much for your help.
I also wonder what a point is worth... I am a college student, so I wont bring any family around places.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 5:52 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
IME, our getaways haven't shown up as revenue stays, but I have received appropriate points by paying for them with the MR VISA. It's been a couple of years since our last one, so things may be different now.

I'd hold out for a 1 bedroom villa (they usually try to stick you in a lockoff) and would only take the points if normally using the Marriott hotel system. The 10K would be worth about 100.00, so it depends on what you want and what show they're offering.

Our last getaway was the same price and length and paid either a 150.00 shopping cert or 15K points. We took the cert and got a kind clerk at the local mall to actually give us cash change from our small purchase

Normally, the "preview" is only 90 minutes, so that may have changed lately, but just mention "resale" a few times and they'll move you on to the gift part quickly.

Have fun!

Pat
Old Nov 4, 2006, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by sjefenole
It says I have 4 days/3 nights for $198 (I already paid 99) and it includes a choice of two show tickets or 10,000 MR points and it "includes (i.e. must) a 120 minute preview of Marriott's Grand Chateau sales presentation".
I must stay by 6/20/07 (or extend it by another year, the salesman said I could do this by calling in).

Is this a good deal if I am already going to Vegas some time? Is it easy to get a room with this? Does it earn MR qualifying nights (3) and points (~2000) on the $$ spent?
Would you choose the 10,000 MR points or the show tickets? Thank you very much for your help.
I also wonder what a point is worth... I am a college student, so I wont bring any family around places.
I get offers all the time but never for Las Vegas. Did that come in the mail? Are there any date restrictions?
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
Originally Posted by sjefenole

I am a college student
Forgive me for presuming your circumstances, but I believe there is a "minimum annual income" requirement for taking one of the previews/presentations that a typical college student wouldn't qualify for. You may want to discuss this with your salesperson, because I think there are penalties (like paying full price for the room?) if you don't qualify for/complete the presentation.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Thanks for bringing this up, do you have any idea what that annual income would be? They offered this on top of the Stratosphere. What is full price? How do I contact my sales person?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA, DL, AA, MR, SPG
Typically it's $75-80k annual income, you must own a home, and you must bring your spouse to the presentation. They can't prove the first or second requirements and in probably most cases, won't care. The third requirement is an issue only if you decide to buy for legal reasons. They don't want you to show up and not be able to buy because your spouse isn't present.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:15 pm

Programs: USAir Preferred, Marriott Platinum
Well for my 1.4 miles worth. I loved it there. We stayed in the 3 bedroom and it wasnt without its problems, though it was close to grand opening. It wasnt quite what I've come to expect from a Vacation Club, though they have assured me that are right on top of things...LOL,ROFL...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.