Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by nachoman205
Does anyone know if they have upgraded their TV's to the Flat screen variety.
They are definitely still "tube" TVs at the Safari. The manager indicated to me last week that a remodel is being finalized, but no definite schedule has been established.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 3:10 pm

stayed here in mid January for a night because Dolphin/Swan were both sold out.

Was not impressed. This place is far more consistent with Wyndham or Crowne Plaza than the new revamped Sheraton.

and yes, still tube TV's, old bedding, awkward closet and bathroom layout, and crappy little terraces (ours with a view over a pizza hut).
Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: STARWOOD PLAT, LT GOLD,WN A-LIST PREFERRED, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
QUESTION???

Need a little advice going to Orlando next week can stay at the Westin much nicer but really not goin to be at the hotel and the rate at the Safari is low $85 with 50%off next night. Tose who have stayed which would you stay all things being considered.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:48 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Need a little advice going to Orlando next week can stay at the Westin much nicer but really not goin to be at the hotel and the rate at the Safari is low $85 with 50%off next night. Tose who have stayed which would you stay all things being considered.
[bolding mine] that would be the key point for me, take the cheaper Safari property.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 6:52 am

Thanks where i was headed bt i sure do not like watching old tube tv's
Old Mar 11, 2010, 8:54 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks where i was headed bt i sure do not like watching old tube tv's
as you mention, you are not going to be at the hotel much anyways.....
Old Mar 16, 2010, 3:27 pm

Headed there on Friday for four nights. Just could not pass up the rate of $70.50 per night ++ will report back
Old Mar 17, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Stayed there for 5 nites last Dec. Small room and yes, view of a pizza place

Had the same old breakfast every day...same menu, no change
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
I will be at this property today, will give an update of any improvements and changes.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 4:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I stayed here several years ago for a small meeting and was offered an upgrade to a safari suite as SPG Gold. They seem to have lots of such rooms, with IIRC a windowless living room and exterior corridor, I think an entire four-story building full of them. However, the room smelled extremely musty. After checking several other such rooms, I ended up in a deluxe room (not suite) in the lobby building. This room seemed fresher and better furnished than the faded and dated-looking safari suites I saw.

In addition to the pool, I remember an aggressive large bird (parrot?) with clipped wings who resided on a perch either in the lobby or along the path to the pool. Also, built-in glass cages in the lobby contained some small gators.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Ok, I am back from this property, and must say they go over and beyond for platinum service. All plat benefits given including a suite, plus the extra of free breakfast for me, and half of for any of my other guests. I also recieved a $25 coupon that can be used on a return visit. I used a AAA rate of $71, like I said got a suite, my room seemed to have been renovated recently(within a year I guess).
Front desk was superb, as was the food in the restuarant. If you want luxury, this is not it, but if you need a clean room that is fairly cheap, and be treated as an elite should be, then the Sheraton Safari is just the place.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:45 am

+11111
Old Sep 20, 2010, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Ok, I am back from this property, and must say they go over and beyond for platinum service. All plat benefits given including a suite, plus the extra of free breakfast for me, and half of for any of my other guests. I also recieved a $25 coupon that can be used on a return visit. I used a AAA rate of $71, like I said got a suite, my room seemed to have been renovated recently(within a year I guess).
Front desk was superb, as was the food in the restuarant. If you want luxury, this is not it, but if you need a clean room that is fairly cheap, and be treated as an elite should be, then the Sheraton Safari is just the place.
They really do treat their platinum guests well. As a platinum guest, I have always been upgraded to a HUGE suite with a full kitchen in the main building, but it is a little dated. I actually prefer the “Safari Suites” that face the pool. I like having a balcony with a pool view more than having a kitchen.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
^ Definitely have to agree. I always return to the Safari over the other hotels because of what you said...plus I'm almost never at my hotel except to sleep in Orlando. Theme parks are too much fun. :P
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Plat
We just spent four nights there in one of their big suites in building one. I like the property a lot. Yeah, it's a little dated (they're scheduled for a remodel very soon) and it's got a Touristy-FL feel, but whatever. It's definitely not a luxury hotel, but what do you expect for $70 a night?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.