Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, NJ [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Governor Morris, Morristown, NJ [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
For those who are regulars here, is the crappy gym on the 5th floor the only option, or is there another workout option somewhere else on the property?
Old May 30, 2012, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vandalby
For those who are regulars here, is the crappy gym on the 5th floor the only option, or is there another workout option somewhere else on the property?
next you need to be in the area stay at The Sheraton Parsippany, the gym is excellent as are the indoor or outdoor pools
Old Jun 7, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by craz
next you need to be in the area stay at The Sheraton Parsippany, the gym is excellent as are the indoor or outdoor pools
Yes, but the rooms...the rooms...yikes. So I'm guessing the 5th floor is it for the Westin?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:09 am
Original Member

Just returned from the Sheraton Parsippany. After not staying there for the last 3 years, I was pleasantly surprised by the renovations. The rooms are really nice now, the club lounge is lovely and fitness facilities are spot-on. I was given 500 pts and restaurant breakfast buffet for 3 as a Platinum. I do suggest you take a look. Only downside is the heavy convention and event traffic.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Miler, Bonvoy Titanium, occasional AA Gold
warning

Internet service at this hotel is EXTREMELY slow. 0.31 MBps per speedtest.net
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: SPG Plant, Marriot Plat, Hyatt Diamond
I have stayed here for full weeks on three separate occasions. Zero platinum recognition at check in each time with no room upgrade, offer of amenity/points/breakfast etc. with the points just posting to my account. I'd take the points and the hotel generally seems full so it hasn't mattered but they could do better.

Rooms themselves are nothing special but quite large with the standard comfortable Westin bed. Perfectly serviceable hotel for business travel.

Of note is as of this week they no longer offer the 'Make a green choice' which is unfortunate because their participation in the most recent SPG promotion made it an attractive choice but the loss of the extra 500pts a night makes the stays less lucrative.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Just stayed at this hotel and Sheraton Parsippany.

Sheraton Parsippany is a nice outlook but inside is pretty old. Breakfast is good but the indoor pool is pretty bad. Welcomed all the time but sometimes they screw up in-room services. Internet could be a little slow during peak hours but it's tolerable. Overall it's ok.

Westin is nice and clean; welcomed at the front desk and got upgraded to a small suite as Plat. However the hotel is the only one in NJ that does not participate in make a green choice and this makes it a huge loss for business travelers; Internet is very slow. I guess I will go back to Sheraton for a better earning potential.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Any recent experience here? I may be staying here soon but could also do the Hyatt Regency (which is closer to where I need to be, but I have no status and don't care for their beds).

-J.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Follow-up question (in hopes someone sees this): is it worth using a SNA here? I won't be spending a ton of time on the property but they'll expire if I don't use them. They list a "conference suite" and a "junior suite" as options, along with "deluxe rooms" (for which I wouldn't use the SNAs).

-J.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Follow-up question (in hopes someone sees this): is it worth using a SNA here? I won't be spending a ton of time on the property but they'll expire if I don't use them. They list a "conference suite" and a "junior suite" as options, along with "deluxe rooms" (for which I wouldn't use the SNAs).

-J.
Honestly I wouldn't waste a SNA but if they're going to expire then you might as well as use them if there's no other upcoming stays...
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I was assigned the Conference Suite like 5 years ago...huge conference table in the main room, then separate bedroom. Kind of weird for 1 person but why not.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Honestly I wouldn't waste a SNA but if they're going to expire then you might as well as use them if there's no other upcoming stays...
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I was assigned the Conference Suite like 5 years ago...huge conference table in the main room, then separate bedroom. Kind of weird for 1 person but why not.
Based on your responses I'm inclined to not use them. Hopefully I have a few more opportunities to try later this year at other properties.

-J.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Based on your responses I'm inclined to not use them. Hopefully I have a few more opportunities to try later this year at other properties.

-J.
Alternate approach might be to ask for an upgrade to a suite when you check in. Perhaps they'll offer one up if you indicate that you'll be holding meetings with your team...

David
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Alternate approach might be to ask for an upgrade to a suite when you check in. Perhaps they'll offer one up if you indicate that you'll be holding meetings with your team...
I'm definitely planning to ask when the chat feature becomes available, but that's a good idea about mentioning meeting with the team. Has this worked for you at this specific property?

-J.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I'm definitely planning to ask when the chat feature becomes available, but that's a good idea about mentioning meeting with the team. Has this worked for you at this specific property?

-J.
Personally, I haven't stayed there. It has worked at other places such as Embassy Suites with their executive suites, mostly pre-covid.

ETA - I'd also note at check in, when I'm travelling for business, I'm attired in the usual button down shirt, blazer/jacket, etc. so that may also influence depending if they're seeing a bunch of leisure guests right now.

David
flyme2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.