Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Maybe the occupancy rate was low on the day I checked in, but I was able to get an early check-in at 9:30am. A quick shower before heading out to the city is always nice.

Connecting to Terminal 1 on CDGVAL was quite simple, compared to the old days when they used shuttle buses between terminals.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Time traveller
Maybe the occupancy rate was low on the day I checked in, but I was able to get an early check-in at 9:30am. A quick shower before heading out to the city is always nice.

Connecting to Terminal 1 on CDGVAL was quite simple, compared to the old days when they used shuttle buses between terminals.
Airport hotels always seem to have people coming and going at all hours. If the maids start to work early enough, getting an early check in shouldn't be a problem. [The same holds true in places like downtown Singapore with flights around the clock, but of course you shouldn't count on getting an early check in if you didn't book the previous night.]
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:27 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any recent stay reports as an spg platinum member?

Can I have breakfast at downstair restaurant?

Is alcoholic drink complimentary for club lounge guests in the evening? Do they have sparking wine?

thank you in advance.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Any recent stay reports as an spg platinum member?

Can I have breakfast at downstair restaurant?

Is alcoholic drink complimentary for club lounge guests in the evening? Do they have sparking wine?
Normally I just eat breakfast in the club. I did eat downstairs once when the club was being renovated, but I didn't find the quality to be any better than the club, plus it was overcrowded.

There is always wine, red and white, and beer in the evening, but I don't think they serve Champagne and I don't recall any spirits.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by stimpy

There is always wine, red and white, and beer in the evening, but I don't think they serve Champagne and I don't recall any spirits.
This coincides with what I remember.

I never tried to eat downstairs as lounge breakfasts are usually so much faster. Also, I can get food in the CDG AF lounges, plus my departing flight tends to serve a meal almost as soon as it's airborne, so sometimes I don't even bother going to the lounge here in the morning.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Agreed with the above, though a recent breakfast downstairs was actually a bit better than I expected. Lots more people but a somewhat nicer selection including eggs.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium; UA Silver
Stayed at Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel for two nights in July as were on our way home from Stockholm. Upgraded to suite because of birthday trip. Rooms were small because of location on floor, but were nice. When reviewing the floor plan, other rooms on our floor looked to be of average size. Could see downtown Paris from living room window including the Eiffel Tower. Club Lounge had great hours for "snacks", from 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm, and the "snacks" were actually small salads and other decent food. Felt this was a "better than average" Sheraton Club Lounge for Europe though it was small. Hotel literally right above RER train station to Paris and the train took 35 to 45 minutes to/from Paris depending on time of day and number of stops, and took you to a connection to the #1 line as well as the Gare du Nord station and other Metro lines. Worked well as we had a full day of sightseeing in Paris even though we did not leave the hotel until after 11:00 am. Buffet breakfast was sufficient but nothing special. Omlett station was the highlight. Fitness room has nice view of airport. This Sheraton worked well for our last two nights in Europe, saving us the cost and trouble of going into downtown Paris for a hotel.

Last edited by flyalotlm; Aug 1, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Old Aug 3, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
Smile Nice haven in the middle of the airport

Just completed 2 nights at this hotel, 1 night on the front end of the trip and 1 night at the end of the trip before we flew back to the states.

Ups:
- As a platinum, upgraded to a junior suite (room 301). The extra space was much appreciated since I was traveling with a small child.
- Rooms are completely soundproof. On the first night, we left the room early to catch a 7am flight, and I was shocked by the number of travelers that were out and about in the hallways (yet I couldn't hear anything from inside the room).
- Club is a convenient spot for snacks/drinks/breakfast - all you need is a key to access, and you can drop in anytime for coffee or a beverage, even in the middle of the night.
- Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are large and clean, and the rooms have all the common amenities.
- Room service was timely (25 minutes to deliver a meal for 3 people), and the food was quite good
- Late checkout request was honored without any issues at all - in fact, I asked for 2pm and they said please take until 4 or later if I needed.

No real downs that I can think of. When you land at the airport, follow the orange signs for "Hotels" and it will lead you to the Sheraton. I didn't look at a map, but based on the signs, I think the Sheraton is located in the center of 2D and 2E. If you're arriving in a rental car, the Terminal 2D location is the closest location per the concierge.

Finally, this isn't something that I look for, in fact I find it a bit awkward, but I did feel that Platinum status at this hotel is recognized. I was greeted by a supervisor who came out to thank me for my status, then the upgrade to the junior suite, and once I got up to the room the front desk called me to inquire if I liked the room and if they could do anything else for me. When I went downstairs to pop out to the bakery in front of the hotel, they folks at the desk also greeted me by name. So overall, they seem to take the Plat status very seriously and do a nice job around making folks feel valued.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a recent stay and a couple things have changed. On the Club welcome letter it now says complimentary pressing of two items per stay, Mon-Fri. It says to give this note to "your butler".

Turn down service is included at the Club level.

And I can't recall if I saw this the last time, but it says you can have breakfast in the club or restaurant. I thought I'd give the restaurant a try to see if things have improved, but no, it is still pretty terrible. I should have stuck with the Club which was good as usual in the evening.

Otherwise the rooms are exactly the same as they were a decade ago. No changes, but no obvious signs of wear and tear so they must be good as maintenance.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Is this hotel located airside (in Terminal 2)?

If my flight in lands at terminal 1, and flight out leaves from terminal 1, am I clearing security at terminal 1 (I do not have checked bags)?

*This is my first trip through CDG and their website is awfully confusing to try and figure this out.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by popoemt
Is this hotel located airside (in Terminal 2)?
The hotel is most definitely landside.

Originally Posted by popoemt
If my flight in lands at terminal 1, and flight out leaves from terminal 1, am I clearing security at terminal 1 ?
Yes. You'll arrive at T1, exit the terminal and take the landside shuttle to T2 and the hotel, then return to T1 on the shuttle and go through security.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Yes. You'll arrive at T1, exit the terminal and take the landside shuttle to T2 and the hotel, then return to T1 on the shuttle and go through security.
Actually it is a automated train called CDGVAL. Also, the Sheraton has a private van for hotel guests that goes back and forth between the hotel and T1. So if you want to avoid lugging your bags on and off the train, you should call the hotel upon arrival and have the Sheraton van meet you right at T1.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
The hotel is most definitely landside.

Originally Posted by stimpy
Actually it is a automated train called CDGVAL. Also, the Sheraton has a private van for hotel guests that goes back and forth between the hotel and T1. So if you want to avoid lugging your bags on and off the train, you should call the hotel upon arrival and have the Sheraton van meet you right at T1.
Got it, thank you! I appreciate the help.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been staying here often for the last 20 years and other than using an SNA once, I've never sniffed a suite. No matter how much money I've paid, and sometimes it's been a lot, I always get upgraded to a club room. But now, twice in a row with two stays separated by about 10 days, I've gotten a suite while using a free night from one of the recent free night promos. Is that the magic trick to getting a suite here?

By the way, as this must be one of the most expensive Cat 5 hotels, I highly recommend using the free nights here if you have a late night arrival or early departure from CDG.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
my incoming flight gets in at 10:15pm & my next flight leaves at 10:30am....both flights land & take off from terminal 2....all in all i will probably get less than 10 hours in room....

i've already booked this hotel for 12k points but i have a free night certificate with hilton that is due to expire in a couple of months....i've never stayed here before & only stayed at the hilton once many years ago so don't remember how convenient it is to get to from terminal 2....

for those who have stayed at both properties, which one would you chose in this situation????the sheraton for 12k points or the hilton for a free night with a certificate that is about to expire????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.