FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/424092-sheraton-paris-airport-hotel-cdg-france-master-thread.html)

ericj Jun 20, 2008 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by pbyaeger (Post 4126501)
I stayed at the Hotel Scribe for a week in April, and loved it.

The staff were extremely kind and never once laughed at my pathetic French.

We French do not laugh at pathetic French. We've been known to speak it too :)

ACfly Jun 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Z-man (Post 9760039)
Is there a PLAT lounge at this property?

Yes there is a club lounge which serves great breakfast

SkyTeam777 Nov 3, 2008 1:06 pm

Has anyone heard of the crazy day rates this hotel is offering? Ive seen it twice in two separate magazines, but it makes absolutely no sense that it is that low. 10 Euros for a day room here? It seems to me like this place would be swamped! Can anyone confirm that this is indeed the day rate they offer?!!

Manoa Chris Dec 15, 2008 2:53 pm

Just tried to book a day room... was quoted a price of 199 euros.

CaliforniasCentralCoast Dec 15, 2008 3:01 pm

extraordinary sound insulation

I stayed there last year and it was the quietest hotel room I have ever enjoyed in or near an airport. Convenient location in the airport makes it easy to get to with luggage. Excellent!

dudleydog Feb 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Sheraton CDG airport Paris info

Staying one night before a flight back...any reports on the hotel?

KENNECTED Feb 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by dudleydog (Post 11287175)
Staying one night before a flight back...any reports on the hotel?

Dudleydog, just so you know there are master threads in the FAQ thread titled "The SPG Forum FAQ & Hotel Master Thread List"

I always suggest looking there before starting a new thread. Most every hotel has had some previous discussion.

Here is the thread you're looking for.
Sheraton CDG (Airport), Paris [Master Thread]

SkyTeam777 Feb 20, 2009 8:10 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 10622867)
Has anyone heard of the crazy day rates this hotel is offering? Ive seen it twice in two separate magazines, but it makes absolutely no sense that it is that low. 10 Euros for a day room here? It seems to me like this place would be swamped! Can anyone confirm that this is indeed the day rate they offer?!!

Ironically, Ive still read that this hotel is offering 10 euro day rates in Voyages Affaires (French pub) and others...apparently a heinous journalistic error, but not surprising from these pubs!

drjazz Feb 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Really dislike their small, cylindrical shower. Also, their "suite" is very unimpressive.

Golden Toque Feb 20, 2009 11:12 pm

Was not upgraded to a suite on an award stay. Shower was small, Marble bathroom a little gaudy, and the room itself not the biggest... however the food in the lounge was varied and hot. The service in the lounge was fantastic, including free alcohol, and the next day breakfast was outstanding in the lounge as well.

Had a 9:00 flight out of CDG so arrived about 18:00 the night before, relaxed enjoyed the lounge and a some drinks, and woke up refreshed and not rushed for next flight.

Plan to stay here again before flight out of CDG in September for sure!

d.

transportbiz Feb 21, 2009 11:37 am

I've stayed here, it's super convenient if you have a morning flight, even as late as 10:00am it's nice, because you'd have to leave Paris by 7 to make it otherwise.

My Gold status wasn't acknowledged at all, but I am finding that more the rule than the exception at SPG.

pansted00 Jul 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Gym

Has anyone here used the gym at this property ?
If yes, what is it like and what kind of equipment do they have ?
thanks

stimpy Jul 14, 2009 12:49 am

Originally Posted by pansted00 (Post 12061925)
Has anyone here used the gym at this property ?
If yes, what is it like and what kind of equipment do they have ?
thanks

Not that great, but I have never seen anyone using it so you shouldn't have to wait to get a machine. I think the treadmills are modern enough if I remember correctly. That was all I used.

bbison Jul 14, 2009 11:45 am

We stayed here on points last month before an early flight. The rooms are on the small side, but comfortable. Other than the internet not working (it did work in the lounge) the place was perfect for what we needed. Club level breakfast was excellent. We would stay here again under similar circumstances.

DCGuy Feb 4, 2010 11:01 am

I've got about 20 hours in Paris, with morning flight out of CDG. Would Paris experts recommend this hotel over one in the city. Arguably, I could still take the train in to the city for a few hours.