Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Chicago River North, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Chicago River North, Chicago, IL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Always seems like a good way to un-earn a tip.

David
Eh, she was nice enough after I left 3 minutes later (I was putting on my shoes when she knocked) and told me to have a good day. Although, now I'm trying to figure out why it took me 3 minutes to tie my shoes - that's concerning.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by abk
On the weekend they give you a dollar voucher to use in the restaurant. I recently stayed there and we enjoyed drinks on the patio over looking the river.
Recently used the arrival amenity for Monday morning breakfast in the lobby restaurant (rather than the lounge). Asked front desk about a voucher. Told by FDC to just bring him the bill after we ate, and he would comp it. We did. He did. (As I remember it, breakfast was about $40 ala carte for two.)
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I believe it's a testament to this property that I returned just two months after my last stay, and despite not getting an amazing suite, I'm still glad I returned and would continue to recommend the Westin River North. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Arrived around 10 AM and asked about upgrades - no suites, but I could pick a partial river view King or a full river view (not many rooms on that side) with 2 doubles - the agent advised that I pick the full river view room, which was definitely the right choice (I appreciate when hotels offer a legitimate list of options)
  • Asked proactively about late checkout - no issue with 4 PM
  • View facing the river was great
  • Wonderful beds - plush mattresses, thick covers, and plush pillows
  • Nice shower pressure, even in a shower-tub combination
  • Liked all of the marble in the bathroom - don't remember this in the suite
  • Internet TV OS works well and is speedy
  • Elite breakfast (welcome gift choice - had to ask as points was default offering - lounge closed on weekends) worked well - either a la carte or buffet on weekends - credit amount was confusing (still not sure what it's supposed to be as information given at check-in did not match my final folio), but the result was my full bill was taken off with no issue - food was relatively good (not the most amazing, but not bad)
  • Friendly service across the property (front desk and restaurant)
  • Fantastic location - walking the Riverwalk, eating next door at Pizzeria Portofino (shout out to the Fresca pizza - delicious)
Cons:
  • Slight wear-and-tear definitely noticeable
  • Noise isolation is not fantastic - especially on the river side (didn't bother me, though)
I will definitely be back.

Photos:

Alawyer and DELee like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Was the elevator unique?

David
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Was the elevator unique?

David
Definitely not - minus the hot Cheetos spill in the morning. Regardless, a smooth Otis is nothing to scoff at!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.