Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2003, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
This hotel is very nice and have a very high occupancy rate. If you go during the holidays may be you should consider to upgrade in advance using points. 100% occupancy rate is not uncommon during winter weekends! My last stay was in October and was upgraded to a nice suite.

All rooms have a fireplace and are great. the regular roome are a bit too narrow for me but this is still one of my preferate Westin.

Old Dec 30, 2003, 12:41 pm

I have reservations for Feb.14 thru 19th using star points. I am platinum and was made aware that I most likely will not get a suite upgrade.I would have been happy to get 2 beds ,since there are 2 adults and 2 children. I used an extra 1,500 points a night to get upgraded to a room with a pull out sofa.Can anyone tell me how far a walk it is to the slopes?
Old Dec 30, 2003, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mattkatie7:
Can anyone tell me how far a walk it is to the slopes?</font>
It is a bit of a hike to actually get to the slope. You have to trudge thru the "village" to get there. Which gets old if you are carrying gear for more than one person.
Consider it no more than if you had parked in the very last spot in a large lot in one of the larger resorts.

Otherwise the property is very nice. And they have a locker room for storing your skis.

Old Jul 25, 2004, 9:35 am

Westin Tremblant Resort in the Summer

I've searched historic posts on the Westin Tremblant Resort but there was very little details on how enjoyable the resort is in the summer. I realize that this is a great ski resort but am considering a trip in August.

I am currently deciding on staying at the Le Centre Sheraton or the Westin Tremblant for 5 nights with my wife and baby. In Montreal, there are plenty of restaurants, shops, super markets, etc... Would 5 days be too many in Mont Tremblant? From what I've read, this is a small town.

Although Montreal is about 2 hours away from Mont Tremblant, I wouldn't want to do this much driving on any given day with the baby.

Any suggestions, helpful information would be greatly appreciated to help me decide. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 25, 2004, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
I Know You Want The Points But...

Get a 1 BDRM at the Residence Inn at Mont Tremblant. Between the heated swimming pool and th gondoa and hiking trails, you'll have a great time AND not have to go to sleep when baby does.
You are speaking t an expert on the subject. We are going next weekend which is a long weekend (Monday off) everywhere in Canada but Quebec.

Our Daughter goes to sleep at 8 - and I can't get a hotel room for that reason.

The RI at Tremblant is not like the ones near you. It is far more refined. Much closer to classy hotel with a 1 BDRM suite than the kind of RI's you are used to. Its not the Westin - but I don't think you will be disappointed.

Sometimes it is better to give up the points to get a nice vacation...but not to often

Good luck and if you are in Tremlant next weekend, let's have a beer.
Old Jul 25, 2004, 7:37 pm

Thanks Salisbury5. I was actually not thinking of earning points so much as using my starpoints. Gondola? Hiking trails? Doesn't sound like a Residence Inn I'm use to. Perhaps I can cash in some Marriott points.

Although we don't do as much sightseeing and running around as we use to(pre-baby), do you think Mont Tremblant for 5 days is too much? In a city such as Montreal, I am sure we would find something to do (ie: shopping, walking) so I am undecided as to which city we should choose at this time. I've manage to find some websites on Mont Tremblant and the village seems awfully small and we are afraid that Mont Tremblant is more of a short weekend trip not an extended stay.

Regards,

Mahalo
Old Jul 25, 2004, 11:22 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
5 days is way too long, unless you golf.

The "pedestrian village" of Tremblant, which is where the Westin is located, is small, but still fun to walk around. I am quite certain they have suites at the Westin, a great little Java U coffee shop and a decent spa (amerispa I think). I suppose you could fill max 3 days of stuff at Tremblant without being a great outdoors person. FYI best meal up there is at the Quintenssece Hotel.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 7:12 am

Thank you ABG for the advice and confirmation as to what we thought. We wouldn't be able to take advantage of hiking trails with the baby so it looks like Montreal would be a better place for us to spend 5 days to get away. Thanks again.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 8:54 am

Programs: AC MM, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
5 days is too long to be at Tremblant with a baby.

They aren't really that far apart so I would spend 3 days in Montreal and 2 days in Tremblant. I realize you want to maximize your Starpoints and book the 5 days for 4, but I don't think the Sheraton Centre is a cat. 4 so it will cost you less anyways.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 9:59 am

Programs: SPG,HH,DL,CO,AMEX
Mahalo-

Three years ago, I went through the same decision making process you are going through now. On our initial trip, my wife and I originally booked two nights at the Westin and wound up extending to four after realizing that the first two nights went by so quickly. We will be heading up to Tremblant, from Boston, for our 3rd consecutive family vacation up there Aug 11-15.

Here is my take:
4 days seems to be ideal in Tremblant, especially if it incorporates a weekend day where some type of outdoor festival (i.e. music, street performer) is almost a guarantee. Besides the festivals there is plenty to do with your family (hiking, gondola ride, biking, restaurants, movie theater, swimming, spa, etc...) All of these you can do with an infant or older child. We went up for the first time when my daughter was only 9 months old and had a wonderful time. We even took her biking with us that year (put her in one of the chariot like carriers and biked along the well-paved and extensive bike paths in the area) . Last year she loved riding up and down on the Cabriolet and the paint your own pottery shop in the village.

We have incorporated Montreal into our trips in the past too, but this should not lead you to believe there is not enough to do in Tremblant. If you are like us you will be booking next year's Tremblant vacation while you are checking out.

Please let me know if you are going to be in Tremblant during the same time or need more suggestions.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 10:11 am

Thank you all for the information and suggestions. Although the Westin Tremblant does look like a lovely hotel, we have decided to spend the 5 night award at the Le Centre Sheraton in Montreal. We may take a day in Tremblant and enjoy the village in hopes of visiting for a longer period. Thanks again, I do appreciate all the advice and help.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Arrow Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]

Just completed a relatively short stay here on a combined award and paid stay (had to burn my free weekend ).

Check-in:
Very friendly clerk checked me in at around midnight. "You were upgraded, as always" was his comment. No choice for a Platinum Amenity was offered. I did ask later, and the clerk (same one who checked me in) apologized and said he automatically assumed the 500 points because that's what most people do. Just to be different I asked for $10 dining credit instead.

The Room:
The room was no suite. It was a large room that was somewhat oddly shaped, but quite nice nonetheless. The furnishings and decor were among the best designed I've seen lately. The room featured a balcony overlooking the outdoor pool. There was a kitchennette area, including sink, microwave, electric kettle, toaster, coffee maker, dishes and of course a mini refrigerator (not minibar). These were built into the wall unit that also housed the TV and 3 drawers for your personal stuff. A couch (looked like a pull-out sofa to me), armchair and coffee table were located opposite the TV. The high-speed internet jack was next to the TV, and the cable included in the room wasn't long enough to reach anywhere that you might put your computer. By the door was a small round dinner table and 4 chairs. The bahroom was very nicely decorated and featured an oversized (long) tub and the usual Westin dual shower heads. The shaving/makeup magnifying mirror was on the wall, but suffered from lack of lighting. The room had two closets -- large one by the bed and a smaller one near the door. Speaking of the bed, I would have to conclude that this was an impostor Heavenly Bed. It featured the right pillows, and the right sheets, but the blanket seemed oddly light and the mattress was not nearly as plush as I've exprienced at other Westins. I'm not sure how the room was heated (perhaps with the mini radiators I saw?) but I never once was cold and I never heard any blower. Presumably the blower is just for A/C in the summer. There was also a large gas fireplace next to the TV wall unit.

Dining
A buffet breakfast is served on the 1st floor until 11am. It features all the usual buffet stuff -- scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, toast, cereal, etc. You can get an omelette made to order, but have to pay extra for it (although perhaps that is only in cases where a breakfast is included with your room rate, as it was with me for the 1 paid night). It was a mob scene when I was there, but it still took an inordinately long amount of time to get my omelette, all because the person I asked then asked someone else who forgot to talk to the chef. I did try room service for breakfast the next day. It went like this:

Dial Service Express
SE: May I help you, Mr. sxpsxpsxp?
Me: I would like to order room service
SE: Thank you, I will tell them to give you a call
Me: Uhh... ok

About a minute later the phone rang and the person on the other end who later turned out to be the person bringing the food took my order. This was weird -- first time I've had that happen. The food arrived fast, though. The buffet breakfast is $15, while an omellette, toast and juice cost me $26 through room service.

Skiing access
This hotel is NOT a ski-in/ski-out location. On the 3rd floor is a locker room (you can use your own lock or get one from the front desk) where you are supposed to keep your skis and stuff. From there you can exit into the village and walk over to the gondola. The walk takes a few minutes in the early morning, and a few more in the evening when there are throngs of people out and about. You can purchase lift tickets at the front desk and get them charged to the room. I highly recommend doing that during peak times because the lines for the ticket window can be dwarfed only by the ridiculously long lift lines (at one point I waited 17 minutes in the singles line... but it was Easter weekend).

Parking
Valet parking is cheaper than self-parking. Go figure.

Pool/Spa/etc
The Spa is located on the reception level. There is free access to the heated outdoor pool, outdoor hot tub, dry sauna and exercise room (which features a few treadmills, a few bikes, an elliptical machine, a stairmaster and a couple of weight machines). The pool is entirely outdoors, and is not one of those deals where you can get into it inside and swim out. The same for the hot tub. Be ready. I availed myself of a massage at the spa -- the Vouchy Shower Massage (I think I got the first word right). It is your basic massage, except that there are like 6 shower heads above the massage table constantly puring water at you during the entire duration of the massage. The water temperature is adjusted to suit your preference. Very nice.

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

I've got pictures of the room... As soon as I figure out where to put them I'll edit this post to include a link.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 7:11 am

Excellent post. I had visited the area of Mont Tremblant when I was in Montreal this summer and was curious about the Westin. Thanks for such a detailed report.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 7:33 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Westin Mont Tremblant

Just got back from 4 nights at the Westin Mont Tremblant on a discounted points stay (remember - 25% off so the four nights cost 30,000 Starpoints). I went with my wife, my business partner and his wife to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the opening of our dental practice. It was also the 35th wedding anniversaries - we were married one week apart in 1970.

I had contacted the concierge before we went to make golf and dining arrangements. I also let her know about the special occasions. As Platinums, she upgraded us to one bedroom suites that were lovely. I had ordered a dozen roses for our wives in each room. Not only did she take care of it, but the manager had rose petals spread out on the bed and left a box of chocolates with best wishes from the hotel. It was classy and lovely.

The hotel was wonderful, the town charming, the golf great (and cheap) and the restaurants were wonderful. Four days is about all the area needs and we had a truly wonderful time.

The only complaint was the housekeeping - really below par. One morning my wife left the Do Not Disturb sign out as she went to the health club, figuring she would rather they make the room up and change the towels after she returned from the club and took her shower. They ignored the sign, moved it inside and made the room up. When I went downstairs, I told them what happened and asked that they remove the dirty towels and replace them. They apologized and basically just dropped two towels off, leaving the bathroom a mess. Evening service was at 6 PM - way too early. Should have been after most people leave for dinner. And even then, they simply dropped off towels and didn't even eaten the bed.

At such a beautiful hotell, this aspect stood out like a sore thumb. But please don't take this to mean I'm down on the hotel. We'd go there again in a heartbeat! Everyone at the front desk was wonderful and addressed guests by name. It is a special place.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 8:51 am

Thanks for this post. I'll be at this hotel Jan 6-8 and am looking forward to it. And now I know to use valet parking to save over self parking.

Any recommendations for good restaurants in the area and fun things to do after the slopes close for the night?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.