Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Toronto [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Toronto [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Looking for advice on where to stay in Toronto...

My wife and I will be in Toronto in late September as the last stay of an international trip, arriving at about 3 p.m. on a Sunday and departing the next day at 2 p.m. It's a special birthday trip for her, so I'd especially like to make the last stay a nice one. Surveying the options, it looks like the Westin Harbour Castle would be our best bet, in terms of it being a pretty good hotel in a very good and very pretty location. But correct me if I'm wrong on this.

We've both been to Toronto before a couple of times, although they were short visits. During this brief stop, we'd like to take a nice walk or two in pleasant areas/neighborhoods and have one or two good meals. Beyond that, no tourist stuff really necessary.

I guess if any hotel is likely to offer great Plat suite upgrades, that would be a factor in where to stay, though location and overall hotel quality is more important.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Thunderroad

My wife and I will be in Toronto in late September as the last stay of an international trip, arriving at about 3 p.m. on a Sunday and departing the next day at 2 p.m. It's a special birthday trip for her, so I'd especially like to make the last stay a nice one. Surveying the options, it looks like the Westin Harbour Castle would be our best bet, in terms of it being a pretty good hotel in a very good and very pretty location. But correct me if I'm wrong on this.

We've both been to Toronto before a couple of times, although they were short visits. During this brief stop, we'd like to take a nice walk or two in pleasant areas/neighborhoods and have one or two good meals. Beyond that, no tourist stuff really necessary.

I guess if any hotel is likely to offer great Plat suite upgrades, that would be a factor in where to stay, though location and overall hotel quality is more important.

Thanks for any advice!
I think the Westin is a good choice in your case, however you will probably be upgraded into a corner room ("Junior suite") which is just a little bigger than a classic room with a nice lake view (but certainly not a real suite). Even with SNA you probably won't have a real suite.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:28 pm

Thanks for any advice!
Your only other *wood choice downtown is the Sheraton Centre, which is more central, and which has better odds of upgrades, unless there's a big convention or something. Certainly closer to a wider variety of walkable neighbourhoods - Bloor Street/Queen West shopping, Chinatown, the two markets, even Greek Town. More restaurant options too.

On the other hand, the Westin is on the waterfront, so if the weather is great, it will be a nice area for being outside, although it may be chilly in the evening. Might even be some event happening along the boardwalk.

Overnighting downtown in late September, on a Sunday, I would caution you to keep your expectations in check. Won't be much happening in the proximity of either properties.

Cheers,
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks, folks. Westin by the lake sounds good for our purposes.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Thanks, folks. Westin by the lake sounds good for our purposes.
Agree with others if the weather is fine the Westin Harbour Castle is the nicest location beside the lake. Fortunate you are arriving late Sept.....the Toronto Film festival is September 4-14 and industry types fill up this location either side of the event's so upgrades are more competitive then or if a convention is on site.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, PS. LOL, while our timing re avoiding the Film Festival hotel issue is fine, I just learned that our overnight en route in Munich is the first night of Oktoberfest! Should be fun, but hotel options not what they otherwise would be.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Planning a 2 night stay here in Toronto in the middle of September 2017 and will be my first time here (and in Canada). Any recommended hotels for the newcomer?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Question Which Toronto hotel?

I am Platinum & I have just over 140K Bonvoy points + one 35K Amex cert. which = 6 nights free at almost any Bonvoy hotel in Toronto, except the St. Regis or the Ritz. I also have 5 SNAs. I want to attend the Fringe Festival in early July. I could grab the Residence Inn Entertainment District for the convenience of the kitchen & proximity to Chinatown.
Or I could stay at a full-service Marriott to enjoy a Concierge Lounge and a suite. Which hotels have the best Concierge Lounges & suites?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
I've always stayed at the Delta Toronto. The lounge is great; top floor views of the city and the staff is simply amazing. One of my favorite hotels.
unclepants likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I used to always stay at the Sheraton or the (now gone) LeMeridien. But since the merger I've discovered the Delta (on Simcoe) and I'll never stay anywhere else. Great staff, quality restaurant in the hotel, wonderful rooms, some awesome views from the suites (I prefer the corner soaker rooms where they have a soaker tub that looks out over the lake), and a very good lounge.
unclepants likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:03 pm

Marriott in Toronto

I did a serach but didn't see a generic thread about all Marriott in Toronto. If there is, I apologized.

sheraton centre toronto
marriott downtown at CF toronto eaton centre
residence inn toronto downtown
delta hotels
toronto marriott city centre
the westin harbour castle

5 nights stay using points in mid jul. Which one would you pick? They are all cat 5. I only have gold elite status.

Public transit, attractions, walkability, restaurants are important, getting to/from YYZ are important

Courtyard is not available during the dates that I'm there.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
All the options are located in the vicinity of Union Station which has a $10 train to YYZ (UP Express) and access to the subway. There is also a tram (streetcar) network that primarily covers east-west routes while the subway does north-south in the downtown area.

I'd avoid the Westin Harbour Castle if walkability to restaurants is important. There is an elevated highway and a wide set of train tracks to cross which makes it somewhat isolated after working hours. The Delta and Marriott City Centre are right next to the train tracks as well, but are closer to attractions and restaurants and have walking paths to cross over.

The Sheraton Centre & Marriott Downtown are both attached to the Eaton Centre shopping mall (either directly or via underground tunnels TorontoPATH.com | Your Guide to The World's Largest Underground Shopping Complex!) if shopping is a big draw.

I haven't stayed in any of them to compare the rooms or service.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Delta is the nicest of those and well situated.
I really like the Westin as it's on the water, but you'll be walking or Uber'ing a lot.
Sheraton Center has a great lounge and view of City Hall. I would stay there again too.
The two Marriotts I haven't stayed at, apologies.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by seanp7
Delta is the nicest of those and well situated.
I really like the Westin as it's on the water, but you'll be walking or Uber'ing a lot.
Sheraton Center has a great lounge and view of City Hall. I would stay there again too.
The two Marriotts I haven't stayed at, apologies.
Originally Posted by CleverJesse
All the options are located in the vicinity of Union Station which has a $10 train to YYZ (UP Express) and access to the subway. There is also a tram (streetcar) network that primarily covers east-west routes while the subway does north-south in the downtown area.

I'd avoid the Westin Harbour Castle if walkability to restaurants is important. There is an elevated highway and a wide set of train tracks to cross which makes it somewhat isolated after working hours. The Delta and Marriott City Centre are right next to the train tracks as well, but are closer to attractions and restaurants and have walking paths to cross over.

The Sheraton Centre & Marriott Downtown are both attached to the Eaton Centre shopping mall (either directly or via underground tunnels TorontoPATH.com Your Guide to The World's Largest Underground Shopping Complex!) if shopping is a big draw.

I haven't stayed in any of them to compare the rooms or service.

Booked 5 nites at the Delta. 140000 points total. Tnx for the info!
seanp7 likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by seks
Booked 5 nites at the Delta. 140000 points total. Tnx for the info!
Excellent! There's a great bourbon bar at the base. Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.