Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Toronto [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Toronto [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by sofasurfer
Looking at burning 40k points to overnight at the Westin Harbour - going to see Trevor Noah with Mrs and not-so-Little-anymore Miss Sofasurfer at the Scotiabank Arena on Friday night and it seems to be a perfect location to stay over.

I understand Nuit Blanche will also be on, presumably there will be things going on around the immediate area (which is one reason why we're looking at staying over and not taking a GO train back after - the other is that LMS will be going with her friends to a Blue Jays game the next day, so we could have a lazy morning before meeting her friends at Union and heading home.

My only concern is I've been seeing quite a few (recent) negative reviews online - mainly seem to be complaining about the property being dated, but upthread it sounds like there are defective elevators and the occasional weird smell in corridors.

I'm a mere Bonvoy Gold (and recall when it used to get you lounge access, but I know my status has about as much value as a stale timbit these days) so not expecting anything in the way of upgrades or anything.. the most recent poster was the other extreme, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Beds sounds like they're good, which is a big plus. We'd probably stick around to use the pool and enjoy whatever else the property has to offer (I think a late check out is about the only thing I can expect).

Can anyone comment on the size/quality of the pool, proximity to Nuit Blanche activities, and help me off the fence about this one?
Most recent poster here - I found a picture of the pool I took - it's large, indoors, and between the two towers.

The property is indeed dated, but I would rather have a dated property with great beds, strong water pressure, and updated TVs than some of the new properties I have stayed at.
sofasurfer and bizum like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Thanks, ElevatorEnthusiast , this is really helpful - and I agree with you about valuing great beds and strong water pressure (we cut the cord a while back, and don't really miss it - but channel-hopping on an updated TV will add to the 'staycation' vibe!).

Replying to my own question about Nuit Blanche activities, in case anyone else is curious, there is an interactive map with details of all the installations at https://www.toronto.ca/explore-enjoy...-art-projects/

Seems like a no-brainer. Couldn't be better located to make the most of the upcoming weekend. Booked!
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 10:30 pm

Ended up doing Sheraton as others recommended. The renovated lobby and lounge were very nice. It’s a huge and beautiful space. A number of families were there for breakfast and evening snacks since I was staying during the long weekend.

Checkin at the lounge is a seamless experience compared to regular checkin. They actually send you the room available notification and mobile key ahead of time, so you don’t even need to talk to anyone to get to your room.

I went downstairs to pickup envelopes at the regular checkin area at one point in the evening and it was extremely understaffed.

Rooms are still very dated and I got a north facing room so no cn tower, but I appreciate that the higher floors have no noise issues.

Wi-Fi is very fast in the rooms. Took a bunch of meetings and had no issues.
yscleo and bizum like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:55 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Out of the four I stayed at, here is my ranking (including value):
  1. Westin Harbour Castle - great service, amazing bed, great shower pressure, full buffet as Elite breakfast
  2. Sheraton Centre - great service, great bed, great shower pressure, friendly service including in Club Lounge, great views
  3. Ritz-Carlton - great views of CN Tower, nice aesthetics, very friendly service
  4. St. Regis - great heated floors, very good Elite upgrades and breakfast
Unfortunately for the luxury properties, the Westin and Sheraton are so good that the value proposition is hard to justify.

Next time, I look forward to also trying the Delta and two Marriotts (as well as returning to the Westin and Sheraton).
I appreciate all the excellent posts above.

I am considering Sheraton & St. Regis.

My questions:
1) Are both reasonably close for walking to the Union Pearson Express station?
2) The difference between the best prices I can find are $70 per night (Sheraton being cheaper) - is it worth $70 a night more for the St. Regis?
3) Is the full sized lap swimming pool at Sheraton open still? (I will be there in April).
Old Jan 10, 2024, 11:43 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I appreciate all the excellent posts above.

I am considering Sheraton & St. Regis.

My questions:
1) Are both reasonably close for walking to the Union Pearson Express station?
2) The difference between the best prices I can find are $70 per night (Sheraton being cheaper) - is it worth $70 a night more for the St. Regis?
3) Is the full sized lap swimming pool at Sheraton open still? (I will be there in April).
Yes to walking. I would pay $70 more (either CAD or USD) for the STR. Not sure on the pool.
Diabeetus likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:41 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Thanks!

I'll plan to stay at the St. Regis then. I've never stayed there before (Stayed at the Sheraton 10+ years ago).
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Note that the St. Regis started off life as a Trump Hotel. The decor still somewhat reflects this. That said, the service reflects St. Regis so I'm sure you'll have a nice stay.

The St. Regis is very much a downtown hotel and is built more like a condo tower than a hotel. You'll undoubtedly spend time riding the elevators to get from wherever your are to wherever you want to be in the property.

Getting from the St. Regis (or the Sheraton) to the UP Express is easy enough albeit the usual challenges with luggage. You can actually make the transit indoors via the PATH system, but this will be challenging for anyone not already familiar with PATH. Otherwise a taxi / Uber will be cheap enough.

Enjoy your time here in YYZ!
yscleo and bizum like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
The closest Marriott to the UP Express is the Delta. Both Sheraton, St Regis and Westin are walkable but it's like a 15 min walk. Could be less convenient if you have luggage...
yyzflyer and margarita girl like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
The closest Marriott to the UP Express is the Delta. Both Sheraton, St Regis and Westin are walkable but it's like a 15 min walk. Could be less convenient if you have luggage...
Agree. The Delta is adjacent to the UP Express and you don’t have to walk outside. Plus it has a superb lounge. That would be my first choice hands down.
yyzflyer and yscleo like this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:45 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
St. Regis offers an amazing room and breakfast at Louix Louis. Accessible via PATH. Exit Scotiabank. Westin also offers a great (buffet) breakfast, and a decent room (still being refurbished), but is not PATH accessible. I’ve never stayed at the Delta downtown, but hope it’s better than the one at Pearson. As for the Sheraton, I think I last stayed there a decade ago. There was a club lounge. It was accessible by PATH. The room was old. Hopefully, all of that improved, but the St. Regis is the best place to stay if you get a good rate. Westin Harbour is a close second for me since you get a view of Billy Bishop and the Ferry Terminal. The Sheraton and the Marriott both offer decent rates, but I’d considered them after St. Regis and Westin.
yscleo likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:34 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Looking to take my P2 here for a two night stay in the summer. I love Toronto, but I have not been in decades. I am hoping P2 will fall in love with Toronto, too.

We currently have 2x85k certs and a few 50k certs to burn.

If we were to use our 85k certs here (one from a Platinum account), we are looking at:

* Ritz Carlton
* St Regis

I'm leaning towards St Regis. I understand this was built as a Trump Hotel.

If we were to use our 50k certs (all from a Gold account), we are looking at:

* W
* Delta
* Marriott City Centre
* Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre
* Sheraton

I am leaning towards the W.

We will have a rental car on us. Which Marriott hotel would you recommend?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by happychic
We will have a rental car on us. Which Marriott hotel would you recommend?
Rental car parking is a major cost in downtown Toronto hotels (and in Toronto a car is not useful at all). I remember the Sheraton Centre charged something like $50 per night (the one time I needed it, I was staying for work on an extremely good corporate rate that included parking).

Though it should be possible to park the car elsewhere and use public transport or Uber to get to the hotel.
happychic likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:43 pm

Parking is much more reasonable at downtown on the weekend. I am planning to stay at StR. on a Saturday night. It seems it next door garage provides reasonable rate in weekend.
happychic likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:58 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I will be coming from Montreal and heading to Buffalo next. I suppose I can return the car in Toronto right after we check-in, then take a bus across to Buffalo. I'm still iffy about the logistics at the moment. Any suggestion??

Originally Posted by neuro0
Parking is much more reasonable at downtown on the weekend. I am planning to stay at StR. on a Saturday night. It seems it next door garage provides reasonable rate in weekend.
Would you remember how much parking is at the garage next door?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:23 am

Sorry have not stay at StR. yet but my search indicates this is the garage. Rate is online.
https://citipark.ca/location/scotiaplaza/
happychic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.